updated on 11-8-2013
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Phoenix International Raceway - 11/10/2013
Provided by NASCAR Public Relations Statistics
|1||1||Jamie McMurray||Chevy||Lexar||Felix Sabates||15||34|
|2||2||Brad Keselowski (PC1)||Ford||Miller Lite||Roger Penske||14||34|
|3||5||Kasey Kahne||Chevy||Farmers Insurance||Linda Hendrick||13||34|
|4||7||Dave Blaney||Chevy||Ultra Wheel||Tommy Baldwin||32||34|
|5||9||Marcos Ambrose||Ford||DeWALT||Richard Petty||22||34|
|6||10||Danica Patrick #||Chevy||GoDaddy - It's Go Time||Gene Haas||27||34|
|7||11||Denny Hamlin||Toyota||FedEx Ground||J D Gibbs||25||34|
|8||13||Casey Mears||Ford||GEICO||Bob Germain||26||34|
|9||14||Mark Martin||Chevy||Mobil 1 / Bass Pro Shops||Margaret Haas||18||34|
|10||15||Clint Bowyer||Toyota||5-Hour Energy||Rob Kauffman||7||34|
|11||16||Greg Biffle||Ford||Scotch||Jack Roush||8||34|
|12||17||Ricky Stenhouse Jr. #||Ford||RFR Driven||John Henry||21||34|
|13||18||Kyle Busch||Toyota||M&Ms||Joe Gibbs||4||34|
|14||20||Matt Kenseth (PC4)||Toyota||Dollar General||Joe Gibbs||2||34|
|15||22||Joey Logano||Ford||Shell Pennzoil||Walter Czarnecki||9||34|
|16||24||Jeff Gordon (PC5)||Chevy||Axalta||Rick Hendrick||6||34|
|17||27||Paul Menard||Chevy||Rheem / Menards||Richard Childress||17||34|
|18||29||Kevin Harvick||Chevy||Budweiser||Richard Childress||3||34|
|19||30||Cole Whitt (i)||Toyota||Swan Energy||Lean1||34||34|
|20||31||Jeff Burton||Chevy||@CATMining||Richard Childress||20||34|
|21||32||Timmy Hill #||Ford||U.S. Chrome||Frank Stoddard||38||34|
|22||33||Tony Raines (i)||Chevy||Little Joe's Auto||Joe Falk||37||34|
|23||34||David Ragan||Ford||Taco Bell||Bob Jenkins||29||34|
|24||35||Josh Wise(i)||Ford||MDS Transport||Jerry Freeze||39||34|
|25||36||J.J. Yeley||Chevy||Accell Construction||Allan Heinke||35||34|
|26||38||David Gilliland||Ford||Long John Silver's||Brad Jenkins||28||34|
|27||39||Ryan Newman||Chevy||Quicken Loans - Salute to Veterans Day||Tony Stewart||12||34|
|28||40||Landon Cassill (i)||Chevy||Hillman Racing||Mike Hillman||43||14|
|29||42||Juan Pablo Montoya||Chevy||Target Camo - Salute to Veterans Day||Chip Ganassi||23||34|
|30||43||Aric Almirola||Ford||Smithfield||Richard Petty||19||34|
|31||47||Bobby Labonte (PC6)||Toyota||Wounded Warrior Project / Clorox||Tad Geschickter||30||34|
|32||48||Jimmie Johnson (PC2)||Chevy||Lowe's / Kobalt Tools||Jeff Gordon||1||34|
|33||51||Justin Allgaier (i)||Chevy||Brandt||Harry Scott Jr.||31||34|
|34||55||Elliot Sadler(i)||Toyota||Aaron's Dream Machine||Michael Waltrip||24||34|
|35||56||Martin Truex Jr.||Toyota||NAPA Auto Parts||Michael Waltrip||16||34|
|36||78||Kurt Busch (PC3)||Chevy||Furniture Row / Denver Mattress||Barney Vissar||10||34|
|37||83||David Reutimann||Toyota||Horizon Corp||Ron Devine||36||34|
|38||87||Joe Nemechek (i)||Toyota||NEMCO - JRR||Andrea Nemechek||40||34|
|39||88||Dale Earnhardt Jr.||Chevy||National Guard||Rick Hendrick||5||34|
|40||93||Travis Kvapil||Toyota||Dr. Pepper||Ron Devine||33||34|
|41||95||Reed Sorenson (i)||Ford||Jetset Getset||Bob Leavine||44||21|
|42||98||Michael McDowell||Ford||Phil Parsons Racing||Mike Curb||42||31|
|43||99||Carl Edwards||Ford||Fastenal||Jack Roush||11||34|
GREEN = Chase Driver
RED = Needs to qualify in top 36, not high enough in owners points to use a Provisional
PC1 = is the first past champion eligible, PC2 is the 2nd...and so on if more
# Sunoco Rookie of the Year candidate
(i) = driver not running for 2013 Sprint Cup Series Championship Drivers Points
Ties are broken as follows:
From NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications with updates, corrections updated when found out.
NASCAR's Competition Department distributes entry blanks for each race to owners in the series.
Those entries must be returned before the deadline, which is set 13 days in advance of the event.
When the entry is received by Competition, the car is added to the entry list.
There is an inspection fee for each entry.
Qualifying order is back to the old way, a randon draw. Someone from the team draws a bingo like ball just before the first practice of the event.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying rules for 2013: (except Daytona 500)
1) Starting positions 1 through 36 determined by the fastest qualifying speeds in descending order with the fast qualifier being first.
2) Starting positions 37 through 42) will be provisional starting positions that were not among the fastest 36 from qualifying. Provisional starting positions will be assigned to the highest ranked NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship car owners who are present at the Event and have entered the Event by the entry deadline and will be assigned in descending order until the six (6) provisional spots are filled.
3) If positions 37 - 42 are not filled by eligible car owners, the remaining positions will be assigned to car owners based on qualifying results.
NOTE: Once provisional starting positions have been assigned, the cars will be placed in the starting lineup by their qualifying speed in descending order with the fastest qualifying speed starting thirty-seventh.
4) If after starting positions 1 through 42 are assigned and there remains a car owner whose driver is the current or a former NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion who participated as a driver in the previous NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season and who was entered in the Event for that owner in that car prior to the entry deadline, a 43rd provisional starting position, the "Champion's Provisional", will be assigned to that car owner. The most recent NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion driver not previously qualifying for positions 1 through 42 will be assigned the position. 5) If the 43rd provisional starting position is not filled by an eligible NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion, it will be assigned to the next highest ranked car owner based on the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship car owner points.
6) If any starting positions remain unfilled, they will be assigned according to current calendar year NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship car owner point standings.
7) If any starting positions remain unfilled, they will be assigned to the car owners who have made the greatest number of qualifying attempts during the current season.
8) If any starting positions remain unfilled, they will be assigned to cars in order (1,2,3&etc.) in which their numbers were selected in the qualifying draw.
NOTE: Until the completion of three races of the current NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season, the final previous season NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship car owner point standings will be used for determining the starting positions for the highest ranked car owners as described above.
Practice held but Qualifying canceled: If the first practice is run, but qualifying is unable to take place and is canceled, the procedure for how teams are chosen to fill the field:
1) Top 36 in owners points.
2) Past Series Champions not in the top 36 of owners points.
3) Rrace attempts, ties broken by owners points rank.
The starting order is then set by 1st practice speed.
If two or more teams have no attempts, the team highest in qualifying draw gets in the race.
Provionals are not used and not charged to past series champions.
Practice AND qualifying are cancelled [rain, etc], the following procedure is used:
1) For the first three races of the current season the top 36 teams in the previous season owner points would make the race [team doesn't have to had run all the races in that season]. After the first three races of the current season, the top 36 teams in the current season owners points, would make the race.
2) Then any winning driver or team owner from 2012 or 2013, as well as any past champions, make the field.
3) Then, for the first three races of the current season, any of the top 36 teams in owner points for this year would make the field.
4) Then it goes to qualifying attempts this year, with ties broken by owner points.
More info on Past Champions Provisonal and rules and limits on my 2013 Past Champions Provisional Page