The official Daytona 500 entry list has been released. 43 teams are entered. Three teams will not make the race.
See the Daytona 500 race page for the complete on-track schedule and additional race information.
62nd Annual DAYTONA 500
NASCAR Cup Series
Daytona International Speedway
February 16, 2020
- Car numbers with an asterisk (*) will attempt the race without a charter and will be required to qualify for the race either in qualifying or the Duel races.
- Rick Ware Racing will field three full time cars in 2020 (#51, #52, #53). At Daytona the #53 will run as #36 with David Ragan.
- Brennan Poole will drive the full season for Premium Motorsports in the #15. Reed Sorenson will be in the #27.
- Carl Long will run two teams at Daytona. Timmy Hill will drive the full season in the #66. The #46 will change to #49 and Chad Finchum will drive at Daytona.
- Beard Motorsports plans to run all superspeedway races again with Brendan Gaughan.
- Daniel Suarez is joining Gaunt Brothers Racing for the full season. The team will not have a charter.
- James Davison reportedly had a deal to run Daytona with Rick Ware Racing, but the team had denied that. Davison confirmed at the Chili Bowl with Bob Pockrass that he would run the event. Nevertheless, he is not on the preliminary entry list.
- For more race information, see the Daytona 500 race page.