NASCAR Camping World Truck Series News & Rumors
May 2012 Archives
- Goodyear Tire Notes — Dover: Teams in all three NASCAR series will run the same tire codes at Dover this week, though the Sprint Cup and Nationwide tires will be branded “Goodyear Eagle,” while the Camping World Truck tires will be branded “Goodyear Wrangler” . . . this is the first time these tire codes will be run at Dover, though teams in all three series ran this right-side code (D-4440) at Kentucky in 2011 . . . compared to what was run at Dover last year, this left-side (D-4556) features a construction change to give teams more grip while bringing into line with what is run at other speedways . . . this right-side features a compound change to help control the track rubbering process . . . this tire set-up came out of a Goodyear test at Dover on April 17-18 . . . teams/drivers participating in that test were the #9 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford with Marcos Ambrose, #22 Penske Racing Dodge with A.J. Allmendinger, #29 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet with Kevin Harvick, #39 Stewart-Haas Racing Chevrolet with Ryan Newman, #51 Phoenix Racing Chevrolet with Kurt Busch and #56 Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota with Martin Truex Jr. . . . Dover is unique among NASCAR ovals one mile or less in length, in that inner liners are required on all four tire positions . . . air pressure in those inner liners should be 12-25 psi greater than that of the outer tire.(Goodyear PR) [Complete tire specs are posted on the Dover Race page.](5-31-2012)
- Crafton ready for Dover with Menards/Ideal Door #88: Matt Crafton, driver of the #88 Menards/Ideal Door Toyota Tundra for ThorSport Racing, makes his twelfth NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at Dover International Speedway on Friday, June 1st, for ThorSport Racing. With six top ten finishes and his best finish of third in 2011 for Crafton, currently eleventh in driver points, he feels as ready as he’ll ever be to take on the ‘Monster Mile’. “I’ve had concussions here, been life-flighted out of here, had good days and had bad days,” the driver said. “Welcome to the Monster Mile, it can eat you alive or give you the best ride you’ve ever driven. It’s one of my favorite racetracks, and I really mean that. It’s crazy to say at a place that’s beaten me up before, but that’s the beauty of Dover. You have to trust your instincts and not make any mistakes. We’re ready this year from all fronts to attack. Since 1963, Ideal Door has been an industry leader in sectional garage doors and the preferred choice of home owners, architects and builders for their current and future door needs.(ThorSport Racing PR)(5-31-2012)
- Paludo partners with IDF; named first South American Blue Circle Champion:The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) has named Brazilian driver Miguel Paludo as their next Blue Circle Champion, South America’s first representative for the organization. Paludo, diagnosed with diabetes eight years ago, is an avid advocate of diabetes awareness and care. His partnership with the organization will kick off at the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Texas Motor Speedway on June 8th with the debut of the #32 Unite for Diabetes/Duroline Chevrolet Silverado. IDF is a global organization with over 200 national diabetes associations in more than 160 countries, including the American Diabetes Association (ADA) and JDRF. The Blue Circle Champion program consists of Olympic and professional athletes and other high-profile individuals around the world affected by diabetes. IDF will make its NCWTS debut at TMS on June 8th when Paludo hits the track in the #32 Unite for Diabetes/Duroline Chevrolet Silverado. The special blue and white paint scheme, inspired by Paludo’s eight-month-old son Oliver’s recent diagnosis with type 1 diabetes, will feature the blue circle logo prominently, as well as an image of Paludo and his son on the truck’s tonneau cover. Paludo will also contribute throughout the 2012 season to the World Diabetes Day campaign, participating in several promotional initiatives at and away from the racetrack.(Turner Motorsports PR) [Rendering of the #32 Unite for Diabetes/Duroline Chevrolet is posted on the #32 NCWTS 2012 Paint Schemes page.](5-30-2012)
- Harvick returns to #2 for Dover: Kevin Harvick will pilot the #2 Kroger/Tide Chevrolet this weekend at Dover International Speedway. Harvick will return to the driver seat of the #2 RCR Chevrolet Silverado for his second of three scheduled appearances in the Camping World Truck Series during the 2012 season. The 36-year-old driver’s sole Camping World Truck Series run at the one-mile facility came in May of 2011 running for Kevin Harvick Inc. The KHI co-owner started the race from the second position before bringing home a fifth-place finish. He led 18 of the 200 laps contested.(Richard Childress Racing PR)(5-30-2012)
- Kligerman among double-duty drivers at Dover: Parker Kligerman is set to make his second NASCAR Nationwide Series start of 2012 driving the #22 Snap-on Dodge at Dover International Speedway for Penske Racing. The Westport, Conn. native finished eighth in the Nationwide event at Iowa Speedway two weeks ago. Kligerman is competing as a full season driver in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, and will be behind the wheel of the #29 Cooper Standard/Cequent Ram for Brad Keselowski Racing on Friday, June 1, for the Lucas Oil 200 at Dover.(Penske Racing PR)(5-30-2012)
- White returns with GunBroker’s familiar colors at Dover: Jason White and the #23 GunBroker.com team will be bringing the truck they nicknamed “50 Cal” to tackle the Monster. 50 Cal” last raced in Rockingham with Jason qualifying 28th and worked its way up through the field into the top-10 before some pit road mishaps relegated the #23 GunBroker.com Ford to a 24th place finish. The truck also provided Jason with his career best finish of third in the 2009 race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway after starting from the third position. This will mark Jason’s eighth career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at the 1-mile oval known as the “Monster Mile”. His best finish was fourth in the 2009 event after starting in the 13th position.(GB Racing PR)(5-30-2012)
- Chastain back in black with GA Watermelon/Watermelon.org on board: As the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series heads to the Dover International Speedway, SS Green Light Racing’s Ross Chastain faces the track known as the “Monster Mile” for the first time in his young NASCAR career. The last several races have seen a streak of bad luck and mechanical gremlins drop the talented young racer from eleventh to twenty-fifth in the point standings. This week the Georgia Watermelon Association and Watermelon.org will join Chastain and the SS Green Light team as the Sunoco Rookie of the Year candidate will try to move his way back up the point standings at one of the toughest tracks in the NCWTS. After running a white paint scheme the last few races, the team will be “back in black” this week at the Monster Mile. “We’ve got to change our luck somehow,” said the rookie driver. Before heading to the track on Thursday, Ross, along with the Watermelon Queens will be meeting airmen at the Dover Air Force Base. “I feel really honored to meet these men and women who serve our country,” stated Chastain. “I am looking forward to shaking their hands and thanking them face to face.” The Lucas Oil 200 is the 276th consecutive NCWTS start for the SS Green Light Racing team and the eleventh career start for Chastain in the Truck Series Chris Jones will pilot the #07 for SS Green Light Racing.(SS Green Light Racing PR)(5-30-2012)
- Gale featured on The Setup at Dover: While in Mobile, Ala. for the inaugural Mobile ARCA 200, Cale Gale, driver of the #33-Rheem Chevrolet for Eddie Sharp Racing, showed the crew from SPEED’s NCWTS Setup around his hometown. After rain in Martinsville postponed the original airing of this segment, fans will finally be able to see Gale’s rookie profile. With stops at Gale’s alma mater, a local race-parts store and a former car owner and sponsor, a few funny tales about Gale’s past are sure to arise along with some great memories of growing up racing along the Gulf Coast. The NCWTS Setup from the Monster Mile airs on SPEED at 4:30pm/et on Friday, June 1 just prior to the Lucas Oil 200 broadcast. Gale will make his first career start at Dover International Speedway. With the first five races complete, he is currently ranked third in the Sunoco Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings. He sits just 10 points outside of second place, and 35 points behind leader Ty Dillon.(Eddie Sharp Racing PR)(5-30-2012)
- Jeb Burton — Dover another first time track: Jeb Burton and the #27 State Water Heaters Chevy team head to Dover International Speedway this weekend for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Lucas Oil 200. This will be his first start at the Monster Mile and he is looking forward to gaining experience on the famed concrete fast track. Burton walked away from Charlotte Motor Speedway proud; and his career best finish was not the only reason. Jeb also landed the Sunoco Rookie of the Race award as well as the Featherlite Most Improved Driver award. After four starts in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, Burton ranks 20th in overall points. He improved his standing by five positions after his Charlotte 8th place finish.(Burton/Hillman Racing PR)(5-30-2012)
- Ty Dillon to make Nationwide debut at Dover: Ty Dillon, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series regular and 2011 ARCA Racing Series champion, will make his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut with Richard Childress Racing in the #33 South Point Hotel & Casino Chevrolet in the June 2 Dover 200 at Dover International Speedway. Dillon, 20, is currently in his first full season of Camping World Truck Series competition for RCR. Contending for the honor of 2012 Sunoco Rookie of the Year title, Dillon has earned one top-five, five top-10 finishes and one pole award in five Truck Series starts this season. [Dillon will also run the #3-Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet in the Lucas Oil 200 on Friday, June 1, 2012.](Richard Childress Racing PR)(5-29-2012)
- Scott making first of five starts for KBM at Dover; image added: Brian Scott will make his first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start since 2009 driving the #18 Shore Lodge Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports in Friday’s Lucas Oil 200 at Dover International Speedway. The first of five Truck Series starts scheduled with KBM this season will be a reunion in many ways for Scott. The 24-year-old returns to the site of his first NASCAR win, reunited with his home-state sponsor and will be driving for the team that began with the purchase of his family-owned Xpress Motorsports. Scott scored his first NASCAR victory on May 30, 2009 in the AAA Insurance 200 Truck Series race at the “Monster Mile.” Driving for his family-owned team, Xpress Motorsports, the then 19-year old led the final 14 laps en route to an emotional victory. After completing a successful 2009 season in the Truck Series and a limited Nationwide Series schedule, Scott signed with Braun Racing to run the full Nationwide Series schedule in 2010. For the 2011 season the Idaho native signed with Joe Gibbs Racing, where he produced two top-five and seven-top-10 finishes for his home-state sponsor Shore Lodge. This season, he returned to drive Nationwide Series Camrys for JGR with backing from Dollar General, who will also be onboard for three of his Truck Series starts at KBM. At the end of the 2009 season, while Scott was transitioning from the Truck Series to the Nationwide Series, Kyle Busch was finalizing plans for his new Truck Series team, KBM. In need of an inventory of trucks to supplement those that would be built in-house for KBM’s inaugural campaign, Busch purchased the assets of the Scott’s family-owned team, including the Tundra that Scott will drive this weekend, chassis 128.(Kyle Busch Motorsports PR) [Rendering of the #18-Shore Lodge Toyota is posted on the #18 NCWTS 2012 Paint Schemes page.](5-29-2012)
- Anderson’s returns as sponsor for Hornaday: Anderson’s Maple Syrup is back on board with Ron Hornaday and the Joe Denette Motorsports team at Dover. The Cumberland, Wisconsin company was last seen in the season opener at Daytona International Speedway and will adorn the sides of the #9 Chevrolet in select NCWTS events throughout the 2012 season. Anderson’s Maple Syrup provides families with a pure, all-natural, and healthy alternative to artificial “maple-flavored” syrups. Ron Hornaday is one of only two active NASCAR Camping World Truck Series drivers that have been to victory lane at Dover International Speedway. Hornaday has completed 100 percent of laps attempted in 2012 (1116 of 1116) and has improved his finishing position in each of the series’ first five events. In seven NCWTS starts at Dover, Hornaday has one pole, one win, three top-five and five top-10 finishes.(Joe Denette Motorsports PR)(5-29-2012)
- Piquet back with Qualcomm/Autotrac truck; hits social milestone: The Qualcomm/Autotrac team will unload chassis TMS-208 for the 200-mile event at Dover International Speedway. Chassis TMS-208 has led the most laps of the season for the #30 team, as its last appearance was at Rockingham Speedway. After leading 107 laps, a late race penalty cost the #30 team the win. Social Media Milestone: One week after Nelson Piquet Jr. helped NASCAR announce their unique partnership with social media giant Twitter, Piquet Jr. reached a coveted total of 300,000 followers on Twitter. [More details about the partnership and the role Piquet Jr. will play will be announced prior to the weekend of the Pocono 400.] The #30 NASCAR Camping World Series truck this weekend will include a special reminder of Piquet Jr.’s Twitter handle, @NelsonPiquet.(Turner Motorsports PR)(5-29-2012)
- Double-duty for Buescher at Dover; Koike returns as sponsor: James Buescher will be extremely busy this weekend at Dover International Speedway. Not only will he race 200 miles in the #31 Koike Aronson Chevrolet on Friday afternoon, but he will also compete in Saturday’s NASCAR Nationwide Series event in the #30 AccuDoc Solutions Chevrolet Impala. Turner Motorsports welcomes back Koike Aronson Ransome to the #31 truck for Friday’s race at Dover International Speedway.(Turner Motorsports PR)(5-29-2012)
- Armstrong’s sponsor special guests at Dover: Dakoda Armstrong will make his first career appearance at Dover International Speedway this weekend. Coming off his third straight top-15 finish, Armstrong and his ThorSport Racing team have been building momentum with the #98 EverFi Toyota Tundra each week. The #98 team is proud to host several guests from primary sponsor, EverFi, this weekend at Dover. Among those guests will be co-founders of the company, John Chapman and Tom Davidson. Along with visiting the team, the founders and driver Dakoda Armstrong will host members of the media on Friday morning for a presentation of the EverFi online educational programs.(ThorSport Racing PR)(5-29-2012)
- Townley doubles up at Dover; new sponsor on board: Barberitos Southwestern Grille and Cantina will partner with RAB Racing with Brack Maggard and driver John Wes Townley for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and Nationwide Series races at Dover International Speedway June 2 and 3. Barberitos has 26 restaurant franchise locations in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Florida. The Athens, Ga.-based restaurant franchising company recently announced plans to open an additional 15 locations. The Watkinsville, Ga.-native made his Nationwide Series debut at Dover in 2008, and posted a career-best eighth-place qualifying effort at the one-mile concrete oval in his first full season of Nationwide Series competition the next year.(RAB Racing PR)(5-29-2012)
- Gresham first Dover truck start; team hosting Navy Hospital Corpsman/Marine: As a rookie in the NCWTS, Max Gresham will make his debut at numerous tracks in 2012. Dover International Speedway, however, is one of the few exceptions. The 19-year-old driver has two starts at the “Monster Mile” in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East as follows: (2010) Started on the pole and led 84 laps en route to an 18th-place finish due to an engine failure; (2011) Started second and led 39 laps en route to a third-place finish. The 19-year-old rookie will make his debut in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at the “Monster Mile” in Friday night’s Lucas Oil 200. The #24 Made In USA Brand team will host United States Navy Hospital Corpsman/Marine, Charles Feuker as an Honorary Crew Member this weekend. Feuker was a member of the U.S. Navy from December 1, 2004 to November 30, 2009. Feuker served in Karmah, Iraq, considered one of the most dangerous places in Iraq, as a hospital corpsman. Feuker is a member of Hunters Helping Soldiers (HHS), a U.S. non-profit organization that is dedicated to providing a means to enhance physical and emotional healing through comradery as well as mentorship.(Joe Denette Motorsports PR)(5-29-2012)
- RHR suspends operations on #7 team: Red Horse Racing announced today, the team will suspend operations of the #7 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team driven by rookie of the year contender, John King, effective immediately. Due to lack of sponsorship funding, the #7 will be cutting back its program until further notice. The organization will continue to operate the #17 entry driven by Timothy Peters and the #11 entry driven by Todd Bodine.(Red Horse Racing PR)(5-29-2012)
- Harraka making Dover debut: Paulie Harraka will make his debut at Dover International Speedway in the #5 Wauters Motorsports NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Ford F150 for the running of the Lucas Oil 200 Friday, June 1, 2012. Harraka, who will make his first start at many of the series’ tracks this season, will promote Phoenix International Raceway this Friday, a track he has run at during his NASCAR K&N West Series career. The #5 Ford will carry the PIR logo to spread the word to fans that they can start buying tickets beginning June 1, 2012. There is also a special promotion via twitter [See WautersMotorsports.com for details.] As part of the Autism Awareness campaign the #5 Wauters Motorsports Ford will carry the Autism Speaks puzzle piece decal in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Dover International Speedway.(Wauters Motorsports PR)(5-29-2012)
- Teams join together to support Autism Speaks during Dover race weekend: In what has become tradition at Dover International Speedway in the six years the track has partnered with Autism Speaks, drivers will again help create autism awareness during the June 1-3, 2012 race weekend by showing their support with a decal on their respective cars. Drivers across all three series have stepped up to raise awareness for the cause during the Dover race weekend by featuring a decal of the Autism Speaks puzzle piece logo on their cars in all three of the June 1 “Lucas Oil 200” NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, the June 2 “5-hour ENERGY 200” NASCAR Nationwide Series race and the June 3 “FedEx 400 benefiting Autism Speaks” NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. NASCAR Camping World Truck Series are participating: #2-Kevin Harvick, #3-Ty Dillon, #5-Paulie Harraka, #08-Ross Chastain, #9-Ron Hornaday Jr., #22-Joey Coulter, #24-Max Gresham, #27-Jeb Burton, #29-Parker Kligerman, #30-Nelson Piquet Jr., #31-James Buescher, #32-Miguel Paludo, #33-Cale Gale.(Dover International Speedway PR)(5-28-2012)
- Crawford headed to Texas race: During the race program Saturday night at Mobile International Speedway, it was announced that Rick Crawford would be back in the #73 truck for the WinStar World Casino 400K at Texas Motor Speedway on Friday, June 8. Also heard that SUPERSEAL will be the sponsor with Jamie Jones as crew chief; Adam Crawford as truck chief.(Nancy/Jayski)(5-27-2012)
- Charlotte images added: Added images of all 41 trucks entered at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Check them out via the 2012 Camping World Truck Series Paint Schemes page.(5-23-2012)
- NASCAR reinstates crew member: NASCAR has reinstated crew member Keith Wolfe upon his successful completion of NASCAR’s Road to Recovery Program following his Feb. 29, 2012 suspension for violating the sanctioning body’s substance abuse policy. [Wolfe, #0 crew chief JJCR truck, was suspended as a result of violations discovered Feb. 24 at Daytona International Speedway.](NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications)(5-22-2012)
- Coulter making Nationwide debut at Charlotte: Richard Childress Racing and Sherwin Williams announced their partnership as primary sponsor of Joey Coulter’s NASCAR Nationwide Series debut during the May 26 History 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Coulter, a native Miami Springs, Fla., will drive the #21 Sherwin Williams Chevy at the 1.5-mile race track in Concord, N.C. Sherwin Williams, a family-owned organization based in Cleveland, Ohio, has maintained a relationship with RCR since 2000, serving as an associate sponsor over the years with a presence on a majority of RCR’s NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series entries.(Richard Childress Racing PR)(5-21-2012)
- Monday Rundown — Racing Resources:
*Justin Lofton won Friday’s North Carolina Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. It was his first career win in his 55th start. His previous best finish was third (twice).
*Lofton became the fifth different winner in five Truck series races in 2012.
*Lofton led twice for 44 laps, including the final 10 laps.
*Lofton leads the points for the first time in his career.
*Eddie Sharp Racing posted its first career win in the Truck series. Lofton won the 2009 ARCA championship with Eddie Sharp.
*Chevrolet posted its fourth victory of 2012 and seventh win at Charlotte, the most by any manufacturer.
*Brad Keselowski (second) matched his career-best finish set at Gateway in July 2010.
*Todd Bodine (third) posted his best finish of 2012 (second top-5) and fourth top-3 finish at Charlotte.
*Jason Leffler (fourth) had his best finish in his fifth start of 2012.
*Ron Hornaday Jr. (fifth) posted his best finish of 2012. It was his sixth top-5 finish in his eighth start at Charlotte.
*Jeb Burton (eighth) had his first career top-10 finish.
*Ty Dillon (10th) has finished in the top 10 in the past seven races.(ESPN.com)(5-21-2012)
- Ford highlights Ecoboost; renames championship races: Ford Motor Company and Homestead-Miami Speedway today announced that NASCAR’s season-ending championship races in South Florida will be named the Ford EcoBoost 200, Ford EcoBoost 300 and Ford EcoBoost 400 for 2012. Formerly known as the Ford 200, Ford 300 and Ford 400, the three contests comprise Ford Championship Weekend. This fall’s events will mark the 11th consecutive year that Homestead-Miami Speedway has hosted NASCAR’s championship races in all three series and under the Ford banner. The race entitlements at Homestead-Miami Speedway will cap a year-long campaign for Ford EcoBoost in racing, which includes a presence in NASCAR, GRAND-AM, World Rally Car and National Hot Rod Association.(Homestead Miami Speedway PR)(5-21-2012)
- American Ethanol sponsors Iowa races: Officials from American Ethanol and Iowa Speedway are excited to announce that both NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races, the first one being on July 14 and second being on September 15, now have an entitlement sponsor – the America Ethanol 200, July 14; the American Ethanol 200, September 15. In September of 2011, it was announced that Iowa Speedway would add another NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race for the 2012 season. The July 14 American Ethanol 200 race weekend will also feature the Prairie Meadows 200 ARCA race on Friday night, July 13. The September 15 event weekend will be accompanied by the ASA Midwest Tour series on the September 14th.(Iowa Speedway PR)(5-20-2012)
- Dover race to be broadcast live: During the race broadcast, it was announced that the Dover NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, normally tape-delayed, would be broadcast live on SPEED at 4:50pm/et [estimated start time]. [According to SPEEDtv’s television schedule; Setup is scheduled to start at 4:30pm/et with the race broadcast to follow. The race is also scheduled to rebroadcast at 8:30pm/et.(SPEEDtv.com](5-19-2012)
- Burton sponsorship set for only six races: During Friday night’s race broadcast, Ray Dunlap reiterated the fact that State Water Heaters was set to sponsor Jeb Burton and the #27 Hillman Racing Chevrolet for the first six races of the season. After, the upcoming Dover race [Friday, June 1st], Burton may be sidelined due to lack of funding. Dunlap reported that owner Mike Hillman has said he won’t run without sponsorship in place.(5-19-2012)
- Great Play sponsoring Hornaday at Charlotte: Joe Denette Motorsports announced today that Great Play, a unique new gym for kids, will sponsor Ron Hornaday and the #9 Chevrolet for tonight’s N.C. Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. At Great Play, children ages six months to fifth grade develop motor skills, sports skills, fitness and coordination through instruction and fun, structured play, in an exciting Interactive Arena. Ron Hornaday will make his eighth start at Charlotte Motor Speedway in tonight’s N.C. Education Lottery 200.(Joe Denette Motorsports PR)(5-18-2012)
- Goodyear Tire Notes – Charlotte: Teams in both NASCAR series in action at Charlotte this weekend will run the same tire codes, though the Sprint Cup tires will be branded “Goodyear Eagle,” while the Camping World Truck tires will be branded “Goodyear Wrangler” . . . for Sprint Cup teams, this is the same left-side tire code (D-4428) they ran at Charlotte last season, but this is a new right-side code (D-4552) . . . compared to what was run at Charlotte last year, this right-side features just a slight construction change . . . for Camping World Truck teams, this is the first time they have run either of these two tire codes . . . as on all NASCAR ovals greater than one mile in length, teams are required to run inner liners in all four tire positions at Charlotte . . . air pressure in those inner liners should be 12-25 psi greater than that of the outer tire.(Goodyear PR) [Complete tire specs are posted on the Charlotte Race Page.](5-18-2012)
- Newberry to promote Jeremy Staat Fdn at Charlotte: The NTS Motorsports Nascar Camping World Truck Team with Driver Brennan Newberry at the wheel will not have the typical sponsor that you would expect to see in the series upcoming race in Charlotte, NC . To support awareness for our war veterans, the #14 truck will be adorned with the Jeremy Staat Foundation. Jeremy Staat, a former NFL player and veteran, along with Wesley Barrientos, a purple heart recipient and paraplegic (having lost both of his legs while in the line of duty), set out on a 100 day – 4,163 mile bicycle ride starting February 19th 2012 . The two left from the Wall of Valor in Bakersfield, CA and have since been making their way across the US to support the Veterans and Troops that put their lives on the line everyday and raise awareness for what these men and woman do for our freedom. Wesley and Jeremy will be joining the #14 NTS Motorsports team this Friday at Charlotte Motor Speedway for the race and then quickly resume to their bikes in order to a make an on time arrival at Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. on May 28th. Please help support these two war veterans on their quest by logging onto the website, WallToWallBicycleRide.com, to make a donation and by supporting the #14 truck on Friday May 18th while proudly wearing your Red, White and Blue.(NTS Motorsports PR)(5-17-2012)
- New sponsor joins Silas at CMS: The #99 Ford F-150 driven by Bryan Silas will boast a new decal on their hood, as the family-owned team welcomes Martin Downs Animal Hospital as the primary marketing partner for the fifth race of the season. Located in Palm City, Florida, Martin Downs Animal Hospital is a multilingual full-service state of the art veterinary medical and American Animal Hospital Association Accredited facility. Silas anticipates making his 24th career NCWTS start and third overall at the 1.5-mile oval in Friday’s North Carolina Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.(T3R PR)(5-16-2012)
- Lofton picks up new partners: UPDATE more info: Following yet another extended gap in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series competition, Justin Lofton, driver of the #6 College Complete Eddie Sharp Racing Chevrolet, is looking forward to this week’s race at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. Barz Golf Custom Putters will be along for the ride on Justin Lofton’s #6 College Complete Chevrolet beginning this week in Charlotte, as the customized golf putter specialists join Lofton for his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series campaign. Barz Golf’s custom putters are designed for serious golfers and serious race fans. Customized putters are great for the everyday golfer, from the occasional hacker to the pro. Barz Golf custom race car putters are field-tested by Golf Test USA and received the Seal of Excellence.(Lofton/ESR PR)(5-16-2012)
UPDATE: Justin Lofton’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series entry will have a slightly different look this Friday at the Charlotte Motor Speedway during the North Carolina Education Lottery 200. Lofton, who drives the #6 College Complete Chevrolet for Eddie Sharp Racing, is proud to announce a new partnership with Robby Gordon and SPEED Energy Drink, which will add a bit of black and orange to Lofton’s familiar green machine.(Lofton/ESR PR)(5-16-2012)
- Holman attempts to make 2nd series start a Charlotte: Henderson Motorsports and Caleb Holman look to make their second NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start this Friday at Charlotte Motor Speedway in the N.C. Education Lottery 200. Holman is no rookie to the famed Charlotte Motor Speedway making two starts at the 1.5 mile oval back in the early 2000’s.Holman must qualify his way in to the N.C. Education Lottery 200 Friday afternoon. Primary sponsor Food Country USA has some company this weekend with Morning Fresh Farms, Wise Snack Foods and Lopez Wealth Management all jumping on board as associate sponsors.(Henderson Motorsports/Holman PR)(5-16-2012)
- Recent grad Harraka; 1st trip to Charlotte; image added: Paulie Harraka will pilot the #5 Wauters Motorsports NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Ford F150 at Charlotte Motor Speedway Friday, May 18, 2012 for the running of the NC Education Lottery 200. Childhelp.com will also adorn the sides and hood of the #5 truck. The recent Duke University graduate will embark on his first race of his full-time NASCAR racing career. Harraka graduated on May 13th and joins a handful of NASCAR drivers that have college degrees. Harraka has raced go karts on the interior road course at the Concord, NC track but will be making his first start on the asphalt surface. Team owner Richie Wauters on the 1.5-mile Charlotte Motor Speedway. Wauters in his tenure as a crew chief has guided a NCWTS team to two pole-position starts, two wins, three top-five and six top-10 finishes in seven events at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Of note: Paulie Harraka will be the featured driver during the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Set-up Show beginning at 7:30 pm broadcast live on SPEED. [Rendering of the #5 Childhelp. Ford is posted on the #5 NCWTS 2012 Paint Schemes page.](Wauters Motorsports PR)(5-16-2012)
- Gale making first Charlotte truck start: Cale Gale will make his second career start in NASCAR’s backyard at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Friday, May 18. With one NASCAR Nationwide Series start on his resume at the track, the driver will make his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut on the high-banks of the mile-and-a-half speedway in the No. 33 Rheem Chevrolet Silverado. Gale’s only start at Charlotte Motor Speedway came in the May 2008 NNS event. While the NCWTS teams had a few weekends away from competition, Gale continued to focus on life in the fast lane by testing and working on race cars and trucks. The 27-year-old attended a test session at Nashville Superspeedway earlier this month where he logged over 200 laps in the #33 Rheem Chevrolet. Working on a variety of setups, the driver also benefitted from the extra time of working with crew chief Jerry Baxter and the Rheem team-a group that came together just before the start of the 2012 season.(Eddie Sharp Racing PR)(5-16-2012)
- Ty Dillon, Childress & Bass Pro Shops pay tribute to NWTF; image added: UPDATE Richmond moves to crew chief role: The National Wild Turkey Federation’s flying turkey logo will appear this weekend on Stewart-Haas Racing’s Bass Pro Shops sponsored #14 Chevy driven by Tony Stewart in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and Richard Childress Racing’s #3 Chevy Silverado driven by Ty Dillon in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. The salute to the NWTF is a part of the Conservation Fund’s “Racing for America’s Wildlife” program. The program is designed to engage the NASCAR community in conserving America’s hunting and fishing heritage through habitat protection, restoration, education, and outreach. The NWTF is the leader in upland wildlife habitat conservation in North America. A nonprofit organization dedicated to conserving the wild turkey and preserving our hunting heritage, the NWTF, its volunteers and partners have raised and spent more than $331 million to conserve nearly 16 million acres of habitat. Bass Pro Shops is a dedicated supporter of NWTF’s Women in the Outdoors, JAKES, and Wheelin’ Sportsmen outreach programs. In 2006, Johnny Morris was awarded the NWTF Lynn Boykin Hunting Heritage Award for his dedication to conservation, as well as securing the future of hunting for others. Bass Pro Shops was honored by the NWTF with the 2005 Corporate Achievement Award for their dedication to conservation and the NWTF. [Image of the Bass Pro Shops/NWTF Chevrolet is posted on the #3 NCWTS Paint Schemes page.](Bass Pro Shops PR)(5-14-2012)
UPDATE: Marcus Richmond will serve as crew chief on the #3 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet for the remainder of the 2012 season. Richmond was appointed crew chief on the # RCR truck program at the end of the 2011 season working with drivers Harvick, Gaughan and George Jr. In his four races a top the #2 pit box, Richmond earned a pole award and victory at Martinsville Speedway with Harvick and a pole award at Kansas Speedway with George Jr. Prior to joining RCR, Richmond worked with Cole Whitt in the Camping World Truck Series, capturing one pole, two top-five and 11 top-10 finishes.(Richard Childress Racing PR)(5-15-2012)
- Jeb Burton brings lessons learned to Charlotte: Jeb Burton, Driver of the #27 State Water Heaters Chevrolet for Hillman Racing is making his first trip to Charlotte Motor Speedway for this Friday’s North Carolina Education Lotttery 200. If you ask Jeb, he will be the first to tell you he won’t make the same mistake he made in Kansas. The rookie driver was humbled as he lost the truck on the first lap slamming it into the wall and finishing his day. The expensive lessoned learned was not letting the air pressure in his tires build up, and as he drove into the turn, it pushed him right into the wall. But as every driver will admit, they all have a story or two about similar instances where they made a “rookie” mistake. As Jeb heads to Charlotte he is able to put his rookie mistake behind and tackle the 1.5 mile quad-oval for redemption.(Hillman Racing PR)(5-15-2012)
- Fisher Nuts to co-sponsor Crafton at Charlotte; image added: Matt Crafton, driver of the #88 Menards/Fisher Nuts Toyota Tundra, returns for his tenth NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Friday, May 18th with ThorSport Racing. With two top five finishes and seven top ten finishes here, capped off with a win in 2008, Matt is ready to return to Charlotte with his #88 Sandusky, Ohio-based crew. Fisher Nuts, being displayed on the #88 hood, was founded in 1922 andis a leading processor, marketer and distributor of baking nuts, snack nuts and nut-based products that are sold in multiple distribution channels. [Image of the #88 Menards/Fisher Nuts Toyota is posted on the #88 NCWTS 2012 Paint Schemes page.](ThorSport Racing PR)(5-15-2012)
- Kligerman doubles-up; Charlotte & Iowa: This weekend’s event at Iowa Speedway will be Kligerman’s first NNS start of the season. He has made a total of 15 series starts since his debut in 2009. His best finish, an eighth came on the road course at Montreal, Quebec, Canada in 2010. In addition to a full season in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series behind the wheel of the #29 Cooper Standard/Cequent Ram for Brad Keselowski Racing (BKR), Kligerman will also compete in 8 to 10 additional NNS races in the #22 Discount Tire/Snap-on Dodge. Kligerman currently sits in the sixth position in the NCWTS driver point standings with two top-10 finishes in four starts while driving for BKR. Kligerman does own one win at Iowa in the ARCA Racing Series. It came in dominant fashion as he led 142 of 200 total laps to pick up the victory in July of 2009.(Penske Racing PR)(5-15-2012)
- Gaughan; two-race weekend- #2 at Charlotte, #33 at Iowa: Gaughan will climb behind the wheel of the #33 South Point Hotel & Casino Chevrolet this weekend at Iowa Speedway for his fourth of 10 scheduled Nationwide Series events of the 2012 season. In his first three appearances, Gaughan has collected one top-five and two top-10 finishes. Before heading to Iowa for the Nationwide Series race on Sunday afternoon, Gaughan will pilot the #2 South Point Hotel & Casino Chevrolet Silverado Friday evening during the North Carolina Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. There will be a new face on top of the #2 pit box this weekend. Gil Martin will serve as Gaughan’s crew chief for the 134-lap affair at Charlotte Motor Speedway this weekend. Martin was appointed crew chief in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for the #33 RCR entry early in the 2012 season.(Richard Childress Racing PR)(5-15-2012)
- Coulter plans double-duty weekend; headed to Toledo after CMS: Joey Coulter is scheduled to run the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series N.C. Education Lottery 200 on May 18 at Charlotte Motor Speedway and the ARCA Racing Series Menards 200 May 20 at Toledo Speedway. The 2011 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Rookie of the Year will compete Friday night for Richard Childress Racing in the #22 Darrell Gwynn Foundation Chevy Silverado, where he has one start in 2011. Shortly after the race concludes Friday night, Coulter along with crew chief Harold Holly will travel the over 600-mile journey to Toledo, Ohio. An ARCA Series staple since joining the tour in 2009, Coulter will compete Sunday in the #61 Rip It Energy Fuel, Paramount Chevy Impala SS for Coulter Motorsports. The team will have Hal Martin, a former series competitor with dominating performances on numerous track types, on hand to sub for Coulter, in the event the Charlotte race is delayed or postponed.(Coulter Motorsports PR)(5-15-2012)
- Alpinestars on board with Piquet for Charlotte: The #30 team welcomes Alpinestars to Nelson Piquet Jr.’s Chevrolet in Charlotte this weekend. Alpinestars teamed up with London based artist David Gwyther, the mastermind behind Death Spray Custom, to create this weekend’s eye-catching paint scheme and fire suit. Note of interest: With the recent break from action on the track in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, Piquet Jr. decided to take part in some racing of his own. On Saturday May 12th, Piquet Jr. took place in the Jetton Park Annual Triathlon, completing a 750m swim, 20k bike ride and a 5k run. Proceeds from the weekend’s event benefitted the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte.[Scheme to be unveiled later this week.](Turner Motorsports PR)(5-15-2012)
- Armstrong making first Charlotte start: Dakoda Armstrong will make his first appearance at Charlotte Motor Speedway in this Friday’s North Carolina Education Lottery 200. During the off weeks, the #98 EverFi team has prepared Armstrong’s favorite truck in hopes to give him an extra shot of confidence in his first start. Armstrong has also been utilizing iRacing to prepare for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series main event. The #98 EverFi team will roll into Charlotte Motor Speedway this Friday with their “favorite” truck; chassis No. 23. With one previous appearance this year at Rockingham, Armstrong also drove this chassis to his best career NCWTS finish at Kentucky last season.(ThorSport Racing PR)(5-15-2012)
- Paludo making 2nd Charlotte start; focus on diabetes awareness: Miguel Paludo heads to Charlotte Motor Speedway for only the second time in his racing career. In his first visit to NASCAR’s “home track,” Paludo had a top-10 truck before an engine failure forced him to retire from the race early. Miguel Paludo and the #32 Duroline Brakes and Components Silverado team will utilize chassis TMS-213 this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. This is the same truck Paludo drove to his first top-10 finish of the season at Kansas Speedway in April. Of note: Last week, Paludo, a type 1 diabetic, and his wife Patricia discovered that their eight-month old son Oliver is also one of the 366 million people worldwide living with the diabetes. In response, Paludo will be running a special “Stop Diabetes” logo on the tonneau cover of the No. 32 Duroline Brakes and Components Chevrolet this weekend in Charlotte. For more information, visit: the American Diabetes Association website.(Turner Motorsports PR)(5-15-2012)
- Reutiman returns to #92 for Charlotte: After foregoing the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Kansas Speedway last month, RBR Enterprises and driver David Reutimann are anxious to get the #92 Black’s Tire and Auto Service/fleetHQ.com/QMI Chevrolet back on track at Charlotte for Friday’s N.C. Education Lottery 200. David Reutimann has three starts at Charlotte Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series with a career-best finish of sixth. In addition to his Truck Series experience at Charlotte, Reutimann has nine starts in the Sprint Cup Series, including his first career Cup win in the 2009 Coca-Cola 600. The truck will be sporting primary sponsors Black’s Tire and Auto Service on the quarter panel, fleetHQ.com on the hood and QMI on the rear deck. The truck will also be adorned with the same Dilmar Oil Company logo it carried in Rockingham. New on the truck this week is BTS Tire and Wheel Distributors partner dealer Fatback’s Tire and Auto. Owned by former NASCAR Sprint Cup Series crew chief Michael “Fatback” McSwain, Fatback’s Tire and Auto is located in Dallas, N.C.(RBR Enterprises PR)(5-15-2012)
- JW Demolition debuts as primary sponsor for White; image added: JW Demolition Debuts as Primary Sponsor: The GB Racing team welcomes JW Demolition as Primary Sponsor for the running of the N.C. Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The Charlotte, NC based demolition specialist has been an Associate Sponsor on the #23 Ford of GB Racing the first four races of the season. The team will feature a special JW Demolition paint scheme for the Friday night event with regular Primary Sponsor, GunBroker.com, stepping aside and serving as Associate Sponsor. Jason White will once again honor his hometown friend — Andy Pope — who lost his life a few weeks ago. Jason and Andy grew up together in the Richmond, Virginia area and their close bond was strengthened by their love of racing. While Jason has gone on to become a successful driver in the top levels of NASCAR, Andy would go on to become a valued crew member for many NASCAR teams. Jason honored his longtime friend by putting his name above the door of his #23 GunBroker.com Ford Late Model entry in the Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown at Richmond International Raceway two weeks ago. Jason will carry a special decal on his #23 JW Demolition Ford this week that honors the life of his friend.[Image of the #23-JW Demolition Ford is posted on the #23 NCWTS 2012 Paint Schemes page.](GB Racing PR)(5-14-2012)
- Toyota Care continues as Bodine sponsor at Charlotte: Todd Bodine is ready to climb back behind the wheel of the #11 Toyota Care Tundra this Friday night under the lights at Charlotte Motor Speedway. In eight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts, the veteran driver notched three top five and three top-10 finishes, with a best finishing spot of second coming in 2010. Bodine has 19 Sprint Cup Series starts where he captured a pair of Winston Open (now called the Sprint Showdown) victories and 21 Nationwide Series starts with five top five and 11 top-10 finishes. Toyota will continue their loyal support of the two-time Truck Series champion this coming weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The premier Tundra manufacturer has served as the primary sponsor of Bodine’s #11 Tundra at Martinsville, Rockingham Speedway as well as Kansas Speedway in an effort to help Bodine capture his third driver championship and their sixth manufacturer’s championship.(Red Horse Racing PR)(5-14-2012)
- Exide returns as marketing partner for Buescher; image added: Turner Motorsports is pleased to announce the return of Exide Technologies as a marketing partner for the 2012 season. The Atlanta, Ga.-based company will adorn the hood of the #31 Chevrolet for a select number of races throughout the 2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season. Exide Technologies, with operations in more than 80 countries, is one of the world’s largest producers and recyclers of lead-acid batteries. James Buescher has three NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts at CMS with an average finish of 6.66. The 22-year-old driver had a solid run in 2010, starting on the outside pole and finishing inside the top-five, taking the checkered flag in the fourth spot. Buescher backed up that performance last year, running inside the top-five all night for a second consecutive fourth-place result. After capturing his first career NCWTS win three weeks ago at Kansas Speedway in dominating fashion, Buescher is now in the runner-up position in the championship point standings. The Texas native sits four points out of the lead with 18 events remaining on the 2012 schedule. [Image of the #31 Exide Batteries Chevrolet is posted on the #31 NCWTS paint schemes page.](Turner Motorsports PR)(5-14-2012)
- Service Central back on boad with Peters at CMS: Timothy Peters enters the N.C. Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Friday night as the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series points leader. Peters has took the points lead after a fifth-place finish at Rockingham Speedway two races ago, from teammate John King. In four starts this season, Peters has not finished outside the top-five, collecting two second-place and two fifth-place finishes. TBC Retail Group is back on Red Horse Racing’s #17 Toyota Tundra this weekend at Charlotte. The family of automotive retail brands will be displayed once again with their famed red, white and blue Service Central Racing colors with retail brand NTB (National Tire and Battery) as primary sponsor. TBC Retail Group also served as primary sponsor at Daytona International Speedway in February. Look for the group to be back on board for additional races in the 2012 Truck Series schedule.(Red Horse Racing PR)(5-14-2012)
- Gunshows-USA.com partners with Jennifer Jo Cobb Racing: Gunshows-USA.com, a website that offers up-to-date information on gun shows around the nation, will serve as an associate sponsor with Cobb’s #10 team in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series for the remainder of the 2012 season. Rather than making a lump sum payment and receiving decal placement on Cobb’s truck, Gunshows-USA.com will pay a low monthly fee to become an official partner of JJCR. JJCR will support the sponsorship with consistent videos, race ticket giveaways, a driver appearance and social media announcements. This unique marketing effort makes sponsorships affordable to small and midsize businesses and gives them a larger presence among the racing community.(JJCR PR)(5-14-2012)
- Hornaday — Charlotte Fast Facts: In seven NCWTS starts at CMS, Ron Hornaday [#9 Joe Denette Motorsports Chevrolet] has two wins and five top-five finishes. The four-time series Champion has led 169 laps with an average start of 6.6, average finish of 7.0 and has completed 99.9 percent of laps attempted (945 of 946). According to NASCAR’s loop data statistics, Hornaday has the following stats at CMS: Hornaday has a driver rating of 115.1; first overall; first among average running position (6.088); first among fastest laps run with 100; first among laps in the top-15 with 855; first among laps led with 169. Hornaday participated in a two-day Chevrolet test at Nashville Superspeedway with his #9 Joe Denette Motorsports team on April 30 and May 1, 2012.(Joe Denette Motorsports PR)(5-14-2012)
- King making first Charlotte start: This weekend will mark John King’s first visit to the 1.5-mile track of Charlotte Motor Speedway. King, under the direction of crew chief Chad Kendrick has had a strong season thus far. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series rookie has notched one win, one top five and two top-10 finishes, while being the first Truck Series rookie to hold the series points lead for consecutive weeks. King currently sits eighth in the championship points standings only five notches behind seventh place. CONSOL Energy returns as primary sponsor for the #7 Toyota Tundra this weekend at Charlotte. The leading diversified fuel producer in the Eastern United States, in both coal and natural gas, is nearing its 150th anniversary. The Pennsylvania based company began production in 1864 and holds safety and environmental compliance as its top values and imparts those values to the more than 9,000 employees it has companywide, as well as the thousands of contractors who work for the company.(Red Horse Racing PR)(5-14-2012)
- Sad news – Blly Gill: Billy R. Gill, 78 of Sarasota, passed away May 11, 2012. Born June 1933 to the late Joe & Audrey Gill. Billy was a loving and devoted husband, Dad, Papa and friend. Billy enjoyed growing strawberries, fishing, racing and spending time with his family. Billy is survived by his loving wife of 33 years Shirley Gill, sons Bobby Gill of Concord N.C. [Truck Chief for the #5 Wauters Motorsports Ford], Tim Gill of Lakeland, Fl., Ron Gill ( Chris) of Young Harris, GA., Troy Smith of Sarasota, Jimmy Gill (Toni) of Sarasota, Steve Gill of Sarasota, Billy Joe (B.J.) Gill (Melissa) of Spring Hill, TN., six grandchildren. Billy was an avid stock car racer from 1954 until 1988. Billy who drove the # 24 was well known from SaraMana Speedway in Bradenton, Sunshine Speedway in St. Pete, and Golden Gate Speedway in Tampa.
SERVICES: see full obit for services and Guest Book at legacy.com.(5-14-2012)
- Fenton Motors.com signs on with Starr: Fenton Motors.com comes on board with David Starr and the #81 Zachry race truck from Arrington Racing as an associate sponsor for the 2012 Camping World Truck Series season. The sponsorship will promote Fenton Motors fourteen automotive dealerships in Texas and Oklahoma. FentonMotors.com is reuniting with a sponsorship of David Starr for the remainder of the 2012 season. David Starr finished 2011 Season 13th in driver points and is currently 15th thus far in 2012.(Arrington Racing PR)(5-11-2012)
- Fitzpatrick to focus on racing in Canada; seat open at Turn One: Turn One Racing announced today that driver JR Fitzpatrick may not return to the seat of the #60 Chevrolet after efforts to find a full-season sponsor have been slow to materialize. Instead, Fitzpatrick will focus on another championship run in the Canadian Tire Series, and may return to the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in a limited number of events later this year. When asked what that means for his team, Compton said, “We are actively looking for drivers who have sponsorship backing, while also pounding the pavement to try and find sponsors of our own. We went to the last two races with minimal sponsorship to try to keep the truck up in points so we have something more marketable to potential sponsors. Having a guaranteed starting spot is definitely more enticing to sponsors and drivers alike.” Compton’s team was one of the top contenders in 2011. Rookie Cole Whitt sat on the pole at Darlington, led six events, ran door-to-door with Kyle Busch before falling to second at Dover , and claimed 11 top-10 finishes in 25 starts. The team went on to finish ninth in the series standings.(Turn One Racing PR)(5-11-2012)
- TEAM BCR & Evans expanding schedule to include trucks: Officials at Team BCR and Charles “CJ” Evans, Jr have announced that they will be competing in select NASCAR Camping World Truck Series events this season. Evans will be driving a Ford F150 powered by Roush Yates Engines. Crew Chief, Howard Bixman offered “CJ is a really talented driver. This is a great opportunity for the team and CJ, and we are excited to be a part of his NASCAR debut” Evans’ NASCAR Camping World Truck Series schedule and sponsorship details will be released at a later date.(Team BCR PR)(5-10-2012)
- Peck Motorsports & Stopain announce partnership: Peck Motorsports and Troy Healthcare, LLC, makers of Stopain topical pain relief products, today announced their partnership for the 2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race season with driver Todd Peck. Stopain, an all-American company, becomes the first official primary sponsor of the race team for the season and will be showcased in the minimum of five race events the team will compete in this season beginning at the Iowa Speedway on July 14. In addition, Stopain will partner with the team to continue to promote the Arthritis Foundation through various race and Foundation events planned throughout the year including Arthritis Foundation Walks and Jingle Bell Run and Walks. Stopain, a leading topical pain reliever, is available in four formulations: Stopain Spray, Stopain Extra Strength Spray, Stopain Extra Strength Roll-On and the new Stopain Gel. The team’s first race with Stopain will be at the Iowa Speedway on July 14, then continue August 22 at Bristol Motor Speedway, September 15 at Iowa Speedway, September 21 at Kentucky Speedway and finally November 9 at Phoenix International Raceway.(Peck Motorsports PR)(5-7-2012)
- Leffler heads to Indiana for Sprint car events: With the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series idle for a third straight weekend, Jason Leffler will travel to Indiana where he will get behind the wheel of his newly-purchased Sprint Car for the first time. Leffler, who purchased the car from NASCAR Sprint Cup Series regular Kasey Kahne, will race at Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville Saturday and Kokomo Speedway Sunday. “I think for a racecar driver, you need to stay racing — because that’s what you do for a living,” said Leffler, who grew up racing open-wheel cars at dirt tracks in his home state of California. “With the schedule I have this year in the Camping World Truck Series, sometimes I will go weeks without racing. When that happens, I feel like I lose a little bit of the edge. Running my sprint car is a great way to keep my mind and body fresh for when I get back behind the wheel of the Dollar General Tundra.” [More information is posted on the Jayski Appearances page.](KBM PR)(5-7-2012)
- Gresham forms association with BugBand: UPDATE image added: BugBand and its line of natural insect repellent products announced today that they have become the first Made In USA Brand Certified company to partner with NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver Max Gresham. The BugBand association with Gresham will mark the first time any company has become a sponsorship partner with his Made In USA Brand on-track awareness program. BugBand, a Cartersville, Ga. company, features a full line of wristbands, pump spray’s, towelette and diffuser products with the active ingredient Geraniol. Unlike products that use Deet — a synthetic, manufactured chemical — BugBand products are naturally derived, featuring Geraniol, concentrated oil that is extracted from geranium flowers. BugBand will make its NASCAR Camping World Truck Series track debut on Gresham’s #24 Chevrolet on Friday, May 18 in the North Carolina Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.(Joe Denette Motorsports PR)(4-4-2012)
UPDATE: In addition to the Charlotte race association, BugBand will continue to appear as a partner on Gresham’s Joe Denette Motorsports Chevrolet Silverado and other race vehicles at select events throughout the rest of the year. Gresham is also scheduled to participate in several BugBand marketing initiatives in 2012. [Rendering of the #24 BugBand Chevrolet is posted on the #24 NCWTS 2012 Paint Schemes page.](5-2-2012)
- Toyota ‘Save in May’ event to sponsor Townley at Charlotte: Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., has announced that driver John Wes Townley will carry the colors of the Toyota ‘Save in May’ Sales Event in the May 5 NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Talladega Superspeedway and in the May 18 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) event at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Townley, 22, will drive the #24 Toyota ‘Save in May’ Sales Event Toyota Camry at Talladega Superspeedway in a collaborated effort between SR2 Motorsports and RAB Racing with Brack Maggard. Townley’s NCWTS crew chief, Chris Rice, will be atop the pit box for the Watkinsville, GA, native’s Nationwide Series efforts. In four combined ARCA Racing Series, NCWTS and NNS starts at Talladega Superspeedway, Townley has accumulated a 25th-place average starting position to go along with a respectable 15th-place average finish, and has completed all but one of the laps contested.(RAB Racing PR)(5-2-2012)
- Testing, Desert Racing fill Lofton’s schedule this week: After a week away from racing competition, Justin Lofton is ready to get back to business this weekend, when he climbs behind the wheel of his class 1500 unlimited buggy in the Canidae Tap It Silver State 300 near Las Vegas [Saturday, May 5th]. Lofton is also running the Best in the Desert Racing Association schedule during down-time on the truck circuit. Though there is a break in the racing schedule to some extent for Lofton, he and his #6 College Complete Eddie Sharp Racing NCWTS team did spend some time at a race track this week. On Monday and Tuesday, Lofton and crew tested at Nashville Superspeedway. After the first four races in NCWTS, Lofton has two top-fives, and four top-10s, and is currently third in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series point standings.(Lofton Racing PR)(5-2-2012)
- Coulter to run Talladega ARCA race: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver Joey Coulter returns to the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards Friday in the #61 Rip It Energy Fuel Chevrolet for the International Motorsports Hall of Fame 250 at Talladega Superspeedway. Coulter, the 2011 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series rookie of the year, is no stranger to ARCA competition, as it marks the place where he got his professional racing career start. In Coulter’s two full-time seasons in the series, he earned nearly two dozen top 10s including a win at Berlin Raceway in 2010. Coulter will be piloting the #61 Rip It Energy Fuel Chevrolet which will be adorned with a special Power paint scheme representing the energy drink’s 15 awesome flavors consumers can choose from. Rip It also will be on board with Coulter’s three remaining ARCA races in 2012 at Toledo Speedway, Michigan International Speedway and Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis.(Coulter Motors PR)(5-2-2012)
- Bandit Chippers to sponsor Crum for two more: Following successful outings with NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver Jake Crum and Nationwide Series driver Mike Bliss, Bandit Industries has signed on to sponsor at least five more races with the drivers through the 2012 NASCAR racing season. Camping World Truck Series driver Jake Crum showed his skill at Martinsville Speedway back in March, muscling an ill-handling #07 Bandit Chippers.com Chevy around the short half-mile “paperclip” to finish 18th after starting from 31st position in the Kroger 250. Crum will next take the Bandit Chippers.com Chevy to Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 18 for the N.C. Education Lottery 200, followed by a return to Bristol Motor Speedway on August 22.(Bandit Chippers PR)(5-2-2012)
- NASCAR reinstates crew member Ryan Sebek: NASCAR has reinstated crew member Ryan Sebek upon his successful completion of NASCAR’s Road to Recovery Program. Sebek had been indefinitely suspended from NASCAR April 13, 2010 for violating the sanctioning body’s substance abuse policy.[Sebek was a crew member for the #76 team in the Camping World Truck Series at the time of his suspension.](NASCAR Integrated Markient Communications)(5-1-2012)
Camping World Truck Series News & Rumors Archives
[Listed by Month]
the Jayski site is housed at:
Born On Date: January 1, 2012
This page designed by Jayski LLC, 1996-2016© All Rights Reserved.
Jayski’s® is a registered trademark of Jayski, LLC
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form without permission or credit.