Jayski's NASCAR Archives

Edwards may not run full Nationwide series:

Carl Edwards may not compete in the entire NASCAR Nationwide Series in 2011. Last week’s announcement that NASCAR would mandate drivers be eligible for only one championship in 2011 took Edwards from title contention this season. However he told reporters at last week’s Preseason Thunder test session in Daytona he still planned on running the whole series despite the policy change. During Thursday’s NASCAR Sprint Media Tour stop at Roush Fenway Racing, Edwards and team owner Jack Roush both stressed that unless the #60 entry can find sponsorship for the whole year only a partial schedule may be run. “All of our Sprint Cup teams are fully funded for the entire year,” Roush said of the Edwards, Matt Kenseth, Greg Biffle and David Ragan fleet in NASCAR’s top series. “We’re planning on running Carl in the Nationwide Series along with Trevor Bayne and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. But that plan may have to be adjusted for Carl depending on our sponsorship situation.” (CBS Sports)(1-27-2011)