Top 10 Driver Ratings at Pocono
Erik Jones………………………….. 106.5
Denny Hamlin……………………… 105.0
Kurt Busch…………………………. 104.5
Jimmie Johnson…………………… 101.6
Chase Elliott…………………………. 99.3
Kevin Harvick……………………….. 95.3
Brad Keselowski……………………. 94.8
Kyle Larson………………………….. 94.7
Ryan Newman………………………. 91.1
Kyle Busch…………………………… 90.3
Note: Driver Ratings compiled from 2005-2017
races (26 total) among active drivers at Pocono Raceway.d Wheels. Note: Lug nut(s) not properly installed.
· Opened in 1968 as a three-quarter-mile track, Pocono Raceway held the first race on the 2.5-mile track in 1971.
· The first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race was in 1974 – won by Richard Petty, Dodge, 115.593 mph, on August 4, 1974.
· The 2.5-mile track was repaved during the fall of 2011.
· 2012 marked the first season the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Pocono were scheduled for 400 miles.
· Prior to 2012 all Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races were 500 miles at Pocono Raceway.
· There have been 80 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Pocono Raceway, one race from 1974 through 1981, and two per year since.
· 338 drivers have competed in at least one Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Pocono Raceway; 243 in more than one.
· Ricky Rudd leads the series in starts at Pocono with 55.
· Matt Kenseth leads all active drivers in the series with 36 starts; followed by Kevin Harvick with 34.
· David Pearson (six starts) leads the series in average starting position at Pocono with a 4.667.
· Denny Hamlin (24 starts) leads all active series drivers in average starting position at Pocono with a 7.208.
· A total of 33 drivers in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series have made their series debut at Pocono Raceway, the most recent and only active driver to make his debut at Pocono is Bubba Wallace (June 11, 2017).
· 42 different drivers have won the Busch Pole Award at Pocono, led by Bill Elliott and Ken Schrader with five each.
· Kyle Busch leads all active drivers at Pocono with four Busch poles (Spring 2010, Fall 2015, 2017 sweep).
· Buddy Baker won the inaugural Buch Pole Award at Pocono in 1974 with a speed of 144.122 mph.
· Of the 42 Pocono pole winners, only six have won consecutive Busch poles: Bill Elliott (1984-85), Mark Martin (1990-91), Ken Schrader (1993 sweep), Denny Hamlin (2006 sweep), Joey Logano (fall 2011 and spring 2012) and Kyle Busch (2017 sweep).
· Bill Elliott holds the record for most consecutive poles at Pocono with three; fall 1984 and both races in 1985.
· Youngest Pocono pole winner: Joey Logano (08/07/2011 – 21 years, 2 months, 14 days).
· Oldest Pocono pole winner: David Pearson (06/10/1984 – 49 years, 5 months, 19 days).
· Three drivers have posted their first-career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch pole at Pocono Raceway: Harry Gant (1979), Casey Mears (2004) and Kyle Larson (2014).
· Eight different manufacturers have won a Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series pole at Pocono; led by Chevrolet with 33, followed by Ford (16), Dodge (8), Toyota (8), Pontiac (6), Buick (2), American Motors Company and Oldsmobile (each have one).
· 37 different Monster Energy Series drivers have won at Pocono Raceway, 22 drivers have multiple wins, led by Jeff Gordon with six victories (1996, 1997, 1998, 2007, 2011 and 2012).
· Denny Hamlin leads all active series drivers in wins at Pocono with four (2006 sweep, 2009 and 2010).
· Four active drivers have multiple wins at Pocono: Denny Hamlin (four), Jimmie Johnson (three), Kurt Busch (three) and Kasey Kahne (two).
· Seven drivers have posted consecutive wins at Pocono Raceway, including three consecutive by Bobby Allison (1982 sweep and Spring 1983) and Tim Richmond (1986 sweep and Spring 1987).
· Two of the seven drivers to win consecutive races at Pocono are active: Jimmie Johnson (2004 sweep) and Denny Hamlin (2006 sweep and 2009 fall and 2010 spring races).
· Youngest Pocono winner: Joey Logano (06/10/2012 – 22 years, 0 months, 17 days).
· Oldest Pocono winner: Harry Gant (06/17/1990 – 50 years, 5 months, 7 days).
· Hendrick Motorsports leads the series in wins at Pocono with 17: Jeff Gordon (six), Tim Richmond (three), Jimmie Johnson (three), Dale Earnhardt Jr. (two), Kasey Kahne (one), Geoff Bodine (one) and Terry Labonte (one).
· Eight different manufacturers have won in the Monster Energy Series at Pocono; led by Chevrolet with 32 victories; followed by Ford with 23, Dodge (seven), Pontiac (six), Toyota (five), Buick (four), Mercury (two) and Oldsmobile (one).
· 14 of the 80 (17.5%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Pocono have been won from the Busch pole; the most recent was Kyle Busch last Fall (2017).
· Two Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Pocono have been won from the first starting position due to qualifying being cancelled; Tony Stewart (2009) and the most recent was Jimmie Johnson (2013).
· The first starting position is the most proficient starting position in the field, producing more winners (16) than any other starting position at Pocono Raceway – a 20% winning percentage.
· The deepest in the field that a race winner has started at Pocono is 29th, by Carl Edwards in the spring of 2005.
· A total of four Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers have posted his first career win at Pocono Raceway: Ryan Blaney (06/11/2017), Chris Buescher (08/01/16), Denny Hamlin (06/11/06) and Jeremy Mayfield (06/21/98).
· Denny Hamlin (2006) and Carl Edwards (2005) are the only two active drivers to win at Pocono in their first appearances.
· Kevin Harvick leads the series among active drivers with the most Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starts at Pocono without visiting Victory Lane at 34; followed by Jamie McMurray with 30.
· Seven drivers in series history have swept Pocono in a single season – Bobby Allison (1982), Bill Elliott (1985), Tim Richmond (1986), Bobby Labonte (1999), Jimmie Johnson (2004), Denny Hamlin (2006) and Dale Earnhardt Jr. (2014).
Additional Finishing Position Stats
· A total of 34 different Monster Energy Series drivers have finished runner-up at Pocono, led by Mark Martin with seven second-place finishes;
· Kurt Busch leads all active drivers in runner-up finishes at Pocono with five; followed by Kevin Harvick with four.
· A total of 72 different Monster Energy Series drivers have finished in the top-five at Pocono, led by Mark Martin and Jeff Gordon with 20 each.
· Kurt Busch leads all active Monster Energy Series drivers with 14 top fives; followed by Jimmie Johnson with 11.
· A total of 118 different Monster Energy Series drivers have finished in the top-10 at Pocono, led by Mark Martin with 34 top-10 finishes;
· Jimmie Johnson and Kurt Busch lead all active Monster Energy Series drivers with 19 top-10 finishes each.
· Erik Jones (two starts) leads the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in average finishing position at Pocono with a 5.5.
Track Specific Stats
· Since the advent of electronic scoring the closest margin of victory (MOV) in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Pocono Raceway is the race on July 23, 2000 that was won by Rusty Wallace over Jeff Burton with a MOV of 0.126 second.
· There have been three Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races resulting with NASCAR Overtime at Pocono Raceway.
· Seven of the 80 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Pocono Raceway have been shortened due to weather conditions.
· Qualifying has been cancelled due to weather conditions in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Pocono Raceway six times.
· A total of 125 different Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers have led at least one lap at Pocono; Jeff Gordon leads the series in laps led with 1,040 laps led in 46 starts. Below are the all-time top five lap leaders at Pocono Raceway.
Female Competitor Stats
· Two female drivers have competed at Pocono Raceway in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series: Janet Guthrie and Danica Patrick.
NASCAR in Pennsylvania
· There have been 147 NASCAR national series races among 10 tracks in the state of Pennsylvania.
· The first NASCAR national series race held in the state of Pennsylvania was the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series event held on September 11, 1949 at Langhorne Speedway and won by Curtis Turner (Oldsmobile).
Pennsylvania Drivers In NASCAR
· 144 drivers in NASCAR national series history have their home state recorded as Pennsylvania.
· Three of the 144 Pennsylvania drivers have won in NASCAR’s premiere series: Dick Linder, Jimmy Spencer, Mark Donohue
— NASCAR —