SONOMA, Calif. (June 18, 2018) – As Sonoma Raceway readies for NASCAR fans to arrive from near and far, the wine country facility continues to put fans first with several enhancements set to debut at the Toyota/Save Mart 350 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series event this weekend, June 22-24:
– Sonoma Rising: Sonoma Raceway will honor first responders and local heroes as part of its "Sonoma Rising" program, an initiative to honor those affected by the devastating wildfires that ravaged the North Bay in October. Race fans have submitted nominations for Sonoma County residents who were particularly heroic during the fires, and the winning heroes will be recognized during pre-race ceremonies. In addition, the top-10 drivers will be introduced alongside first responders from North Bay agencies that responded during the fires.
– Fresh, Fast Food Offerings: Race fans can enjoy new food offerings from Levy Restaurants, including: loaded fry bread nachos with Dungeness crab, pulled pork or impossible meat, Farmstand Deli Sandwiches including the Racer Banh Mi, Wine Country Baguette with Parisian ham, brie, Dijon aioli and arugula, as well as everything from Avocado Crunch and Wonton salads, grilled cheese sandwiches with bacon, brisket or pulled pork, street tacos and so much more. For the first time, every Levy Restaurants concession stand will be credit-card friendly, which will make purchasing food and drinks quicker than in the past.
– Cheers to Great Racing: Race fans 21 and over can enjoy more than your typical trackside beverage as Tito’s Handmade Vodka, an official raceway sponsor, will offer race-themed vodka drinks, including Tito’s Texas Bloody Mary, Raceway Lemonade and American Mule. Raceway sponsor Mike’s Hard Lemonade will serve Mike’s Harder Lemonade, as well as White Claw Hard Seltzer. Other local brewery favorites include Scrimshaw Pilsner (North Coast Brewing, Fort Bragg), Great White Belgian Wit (Lost Coast Brewing, Eureka) and Racer 5 IPA, Grand Am Pale Ale and Pace Car Session (Bear Republic Brewing, Healdsburg).
– Stay Cool with Portacool: Sonoma Raceway has collaborated with Portacool to provide 10 Portacool Cooling Stations throughout the property, including the seating areas at Turns 2, 4, 7, 9 and 10, as well as at the Ticket Pit Stop information booth and main paddock shuttle stop. Portacool evaporative coolers provide relief from warm temperatures through the natural process of evaporation.
– A Standing Ovation: The raceway his installed nearly 100 feet of Humboldt Redwood stand-up bars in front of the Raceway Café, which offer a convenient spot to enjoy the variety of food options and beverages.
– Save Mart/Lucky Breaking Zone: For the fourth consecutive year, Save Mart and Lucky will host the Breaking Zone in the main paddock. This popular fan destination will be the hub of social media activity, including a photo booth and virtual-reality ride around our track. Plus a jam,-packed schedule of Q&As with drivers and NASCAR personalities, music and much more.
– Made in the Shade: The RevZone at Turn 7, Sonoma Raceway’s party zone for fans, will feature more than twice the amount of shade and picnic tables than last year. The raceway has installed a 9,000-square foot shade tent plus more than 70 picnic tables for fans to take a break in the shade and enjoy entertainment, driver Q&As and more – all overlooking one of the most exciting corners of the road course. This area is open to all ticket holders. The raceway worked with Humboldt Redwood Company to construct a bar area made with redwood pergolas. Fan can also enjoy two Grill Garden seating and shade areas located above Turn 2 and Turn 9, these redwood arbors offer a place for fans to relax, cool off and enjoy a bite to eat throughout the weekend.
– Solar-Powered Fun: Race fans will notice a number of DC Solar Power Stations placed around the track for fast and convenient charging of phones and other electronic devices. The Bay-Area based solar company has also provided Mobile Solar Light Towers throughout the parking lots and venue to bolster fan safety and security. DC Solar products are environmentally friendly as mobile solar technology requires little to no fuel, cuts carbon emissions and reduces harm to the planet.
Tickets, parking and transportation are all still available for the Toyota/Save Mart 350 weekend, June 22-24. For more information, call 800-870-7223, visit www.sonomaraceway.com.
— Sonoma Raceway —