LONG POND, Pa. (May 28, 2018) – Pocono Raceway will host over 30 events and activities, taking place both on and off the track, for fans attending the Pocono 400 race weekend from May 31-June 2. The major races each day will include the General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 ARCA Menards Series (AMS) race on Friday, the Pocono Green 250 Recycled by J.P. Mascaro & Sons NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) race on Saturday and the Pocono 400 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) race on Sunday.
Kids, ages 12 and under, receive FREE gate admission and camp for FREE all weekend long. Grandstand Parking is free all weekend. Additionally, the race weekend kicks off with the third annual Monster Energy NASCAR Free Friday on May 31. Fans can bring an empty can of Monster Energy, any size, to be recycled at Pocono Raceway to receive free gate admission events on Friday. Adult tickets start at $25 on Saturday and $45 on Sunday. Weekend camping tickets start at $200. Buy tickets by visiting www.poconoraceway.com/tickets.
Grandstand gates (Gates 8 and 11) open daily at 8 a.m. Grandstand Parking lots open daily between 6:00-8:00 a.m. Fans attending should follow traffic patterns to enter through Gate 5 off PA Route 115 or Gate 7 off Long Pond Road. Tractor Trailers can bring their rigs each day to park in the Drydene Tractor Trailer Parking Lot by entering through Gate 7.
Before arriving to Pocono Raceway, guests should visit www.poconoraceway.com/faninfo for an A-Z guide of information including what items are approved for entry into the track, guest policies and much more.
For a full schedule of detailed events and activities, visit www.poconoraceway.com/schedule. Several key events, including on-track racing action, are provided below.
Pocono 400: On-Track Activities
Friday, May 31st:
- 9:00 a.m. – AMS Practice
- 12:00 p.m. – AMS Qualifying
- 1:05 p.m. – NXS Practice
- 2:05 p.m. – MENCS Practice
- 3:05 p.m. – NXS Practice
- 4:05 p.m. – MENCS Practice
- 5:15p.m. – AMS Driver Introductions
- 5:30 p.m. – General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 AMS Race
Saturday, June 1st:
- 10:05 a.m. – NXS Single-Car Qualifying
- 11:35 a.m. – MENCS Single-Car Qualifying
- 12:30 p.m. – NXS Driver Introductions
- 1:00 p.m. – Pocono Green 250 Recycled by J.P. Mascaro & Sons NXS Race
Sunday, June 2nd:
- 12:45 p.m. – Pre-Race Stage Activities Begin
- 1:20 p.m. – MENCS Driver Introductions
- 2:00 p.m. – Pocono 400 MENCS Race
Pocono 400: Fan-Driven Events and Activities
Events/Activities on Multiple Days:
- 50/50 Raffle to Benefit the Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital – Pocono Raceway and the Mattioli Foundation will host a 50/50 Raffle to benefit the Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital. Fans have won over $100,000 to date during previous race weekend 50/50 raffles. Fans should look out for 50/50 Raffle volunteers, who will be roaming the entire facility, wearing bright yellow shirts all weekend long. Raffle tickets will also be sold near the Gate 8 Box office behind the Grandstand and the Infield Welcome Center in the infield. One lucky fan will be announced before the end of Sunday’s race as the winner of the raffle. The winning number will be posted at www.poconoraceway.com/Pocono5050 at the conclusion of the contest. Fans do not need to be present to win, but they will need to present the winning ticket to claim their prize.
- NEW FOR 2019: FREE Carnival – Located in Fan Fair, the FREE Carnival will include five, fair-style fan favorites. The rides include thrillers such as the ‘Round-Up’, ‘Tornado’ and ‘Cobra,’ as well as, a giant slide and swing. These rides are free to all gate admission ticket holders over the three-days of race festivities. There will also be a few classic, fair-style pay-to-play games.
- Pre-Race Concerts – There will be a pre-race concert each day at Pocono Raceway’s new Fan Stage, located inside Fan Fair between Gate 9 and 10. Kaleb Lee, rising country star and “The Voice” alum, will play before the races on Friday and Sunday. Local favorites, Porter & Sayles, will perform before Saturday’s NXS race. All pre-race concerts are complimentary for gate admission ticket holders each day.
- Pennsylvania Attorney General Drug Takeback Program and Lap – Race attendees are encouraged to bring unused prescription drugs to one of the two drug take-back booths staffed by the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s office personnel on Saturday, June 1 and Sunday, June 2. The Pennsylvania Attorney General’s displays are located inside the Paddock or by the Flag Pole behind the Grandstand on Saturday and Sunday from 8 am – 4 p.m. A limited number of fans who drop their prescription drugs on Saturday will be able to drive the track approximately one hour after Saturday’s NXS race. All others who responsibly dispose of unused drugs will be invited to bring their lap voucher ticket back to Pocono Raceway on a to-be-announced date.
- Camping Activities at the Playground, Dog Bark and Bike Rentals – Camping guests have complimentary access to the #POCONOMTNS Inclusive Playground and Bark Park daily. Both are located in the Infield along Earnhardt Road. The Playground allows kids of all abilities and ages to learn, grow and play together. The Bark Park is a great place for dogs of all ages and sizes. Camping guests can also visit our friends at Pocono Biking, located at the Infield Fan Center along Earnhardt Road, to rent a bicycle. Bike rentals are available daily for $25, per day.
- NEW FOR 2019: Pocono Mountains Activities & Welcome Center – Camping guests can access the new Pocono Mountains Activities & Welcome Center for daily activities and programs for all ages. Daily events will include morning yoga, arts and crafts, animal demonstrations and paint-and-sip classes. The Center is located along Earnhardt Road between the #POCONOMTNS Inclusive Playground and the Bark Park in the infield.
- Camping Decoration Contest – Available for all race weekend camping guests. Decorate your campsite in a luau theme for a chance to win several prizes including Pocono 400 VIP tickets and access passes. Pocono Raceway staff members will roam the camping areas, select winners and announce them at the Infield Block Party on Saturday evening at 7 p.m.
Thursday, May 31st:
- Pocono 400 Camping Opens – The Infield and Family Grandstand camping areas open at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday for all Pocono 400 race weekend camping guests. All camping guests must visit RV Registration upon arrival to check in. RV Registration is located near the corner of Long Pond Road and PA Route 115.
- Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Infield Hauler Parade – All MENCS haulers will drive through the Family Grandstand camping area, before entering the Infield camping areas, during the Hauler Parade. Camping guests in the Family Grandstand area and Infield camping inside Turns 2 and 3 will be able to see their favorite drivers’ haulers during the Infield Hauler Parade. The hauler parade will start between 6:00 – 6:30 p.m.
Friday, May 31st:
- Monster Energy NASCAR Free Friday – As mentioned, fans can bring an empty can of Monster Energy to be recycled at the Grandstand gates to receive free gate admission to events on Friday. Once through the gates, be sure to visit the Monster Energy display for multiple events, including motocross performances and a driver autograph session.
- Fan Stage Events – The Fan Stage, located inside Fan Fair between Gates 9 and 10, will host several, FREE events on Friday. These include a Tyler Reddick NASCAR Xfinity Series Trophy Selfie Session at 10:00 a.m., photo opportunity with the NASCAR Xfinity Series championship trophy at 10:30 a.m., JR Motorsports NXS driver appearance featuring Justin Allgaier, Michael Annett and Noah Gragson at 11:00 a.m., a Chris Buescher Kids Club event at 1:00 p.m., a Venturini Motorsports AMS driver autograph session featuring Hailie Deegan, Harrison Burton, Christian Eckes and Michael Self at 2:00 p.m. and Kaleb Lee’s pre-race concert at 2:30 p.m.
- Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Open Garage: The MENCS will have an “Open Garage” on Friday at 11:30 a.m. Wristbands for this event can be picked up at the Pocono Raceway Tent in the Paddock starting at 8:30 a.m. on Friday or at Infield Fan Center (camping guests only) upon their arrival on Thursday. Wristbands are available in limited quantities and while supplies last. A Pit/Paddock Pass is required to attend due to the location of this event.
- NASCAR Xfinity Series Open Garage Returns: The NXS will also host an “Open Garage” on Friday at 4:30 p.m. Wristbands for this event can be picked up at the Pocono Raceway Tent in the Paddock starting at 12:00 p.m. on Friday or at Infield Fan Center (camping guests only) upon their arrival on Thursday. Wristbands are available in limited quantities and while supplies last. A Pit/Paddock Pass is required to attend due to the location of this event.
- Infield Block Party – This is open to all race weekend camping guests on Friday night. Located along Earnhardt Road and across from the Infield Fan Center, the Infield Block Party opens at 4:30 p.m. and include food, drinks and live entertainment. Music will begin at 5 p.m. with Steel Creek and will be followed by Kaleb Lee.
Saturday, June 1st:
- FREE CDL Trucking Job Fair – The second annual “Trucking Job Fair at Pocono Raceway Driven by Pennsylvania Turnpike” will be held on Saturday, June 1, 2019. All applicants attending the job fair will receive a $10 lunch voucher and two complimentary Saturday General Admission Grandstand tickets, courtesy of the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Attendees should bring their CDL License with them for entry and can one additional guest. Visit www.poconoraceway.com/trucking for more details.
- Fan Stage Events – The Fan Stage, located inside Fan Fair between Gates 9 and 10, will host several, FREE events on Saturday. These include a Matt Tift appearance at 9:30 a.m., an Alex Bowman appearance at 9:45 a.m., a Corey LaJoie appearance at 10:00 a.m., the U.S. Army Golden Knights will stop by at 10:15 a.m., Jeff Gordon will take part in a question-and-answer session at 10:45 a.m. and Porter & Sayles will take the stage for a pre-race concert at 11:30 a.m.
- Joey Logano Championship Selfie Session – Get a selfie with reigning MENCS champion, Joey Logano on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. This will take place behind Victory Lane in the Paddock. A limited number of wristbands will be distributed at the Pocono Raceway tent in the Paddock starting at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday. Each person who receives a wristband can bring up to three guests, but the group must take the photo together. A wristband and Pit/Paddock Pass is required due to the location of the event.
- Recess at the #POCONOMTNS Inclusive Playground – Camping guests can take their kids over to the #POCONOMTNS Inclusive Playground located along Earnhardt Road for Recess. This event will begin at 6 p.m. and the first 300 children in attendance will receive FREE Rita’s Italian Ice!
- Infield Block Party and Fireworks – Open to the public and to all race weekend camping guests, stop by the Infield Block Party for food, drinks and live music. The public can enter the infield starting at 5 p.m. ET by visiting the Gate 1 Tunnel, located off Long Pond Road, and by paying a $10 donation (per carload) to our local fire company. Music will begin with the Jason Dumm Band at 5 p.m., Scott Marshall and Marshall’s Highway will play at 7 p.m. and M80 will begin at 9:30. Additionally, there will be a 20-minute fireworks show starting at approximately 9:15 p.m. Saturday night.
Sunday, June 2nd:
- Fan Stage Events – The Fan Stage, located inside Fan Fair between Gates 9 and 10, will host several, FREE events on Sunday. These include a soon-to-be announced fan tweet up (follow @poconoraceway on Twitter for details) and appearances from drivers Alex Bowman at 9:45 a.m. and Chris Buescher at 10:00 a.m. There will be a photo opportunity with Joey Logano’s MENCS championship trophy at 10:30 a.m. and a pre-race concert featuring Kaleb Lee starting at 11:30 a.m.
- Tricky Triangle Club Featuring Hall of Fame Owner and NASCAR Drivers – The Tricky Triangle Club is Pocono Raceway’s #1 option for Fan Hospitality. It will feature Q&A sessions with Richard Childress and Daniel Hemric at 10:45 a.m., William Byron at 11:00 a.m. and Ryan Blaney at 11:15 a.m. Tricky Triangle Club ticket holders will also receive a Sunday Pit Pass, pre-race meal and beverages, four beer tickets (for those ages 21 and up), a chance to win giveaways and a welcome bag.
- Aric Almirola Club Pocono Appearance – Aric Almirola will make an appearance at Club Pocono at 10:30 a.m. ET on Sunday. This event is open to all Club Pocono ticket holders. In addition to the Almirola’s Q&A, Club Pocono ticket holders receive seating behind pit road, complimentary FanVision, infield parking pass and a Pit/Paddock Pass.
- NEW FOR 2019 – The Foxhole: In-Race Sports Bar and Lounge: A new addition for the Pocono 400. The Foxhole is an in-race sports bar and lounge for fans inside Chalet Village, located behind the Grandstand and next to Gate 8. Those who purchase The Foxhole pass will enjoy the live broadcast on multiple televisions, two complimentary adult beverages (ages 21 and up), food, lawn and bar games and much more. This ticket add on is available, starting at $19.
*Date, times and locations are subject to change without notice. All times listed are Eastern Standard Time. For tickets, certain terms, conditions and fees may apply.
— Pocono Raceway —