No. 20 DEWALT ATOMIC Toyota Camry News and Notes:
- JONES AT DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: In actual NASCAR Cup Series races at Dover International Speedway, Erik Jones has six starts with a best finish of fourth in 2018. In the Xfinity Series, Jones has five starts with one visit to victory lane in 2016. In his lone Truck Series start at the track, Jones recorded a third-place finish after leading 50 laps in the 2015 event.
- FORMAT: This week’s eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series race at virtual Dover International Speedway will consist of 150 laps. Drivers will qualify Sunday morning to set the field for the Finish Line 150 with the top 10 qualifiers being inverted for the start of the race and the top-three finishers from the GEICO 70 at virtual Talladega Superspeedway starting at the rear of the field.
- THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY:
- This week for the Finish Line 150 at virtual Dover International Speedway, the No. 20 DEWALT Toyota Camry will carry a special paint scheme featuring DEWALT ATOMIC.
- The ATOMIC Compact Series ™ is an addition to the 20V MAX* system, which is DEWALT’s largest cordless platform with 200+ products.
- Where Size Meets Power, the ATOMIC™ Compact Series combines performance and durability in a compact format for a variety of applications.
- ROUND 6: This week will mark the sixth round of the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series. Jones has competed in the first five rounds earning his best finish at virtual Richmond Raceway where he brought the No. 20 Toyota Camry home in the seventh position. While on a racing hiatus during the COVID-19 pandemic, the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series competes weekly and follows the original 2020 NASCAR Cup Series schedule.
- VIRTUAL TALLADEGA RECAP: Erik Jones started the GEICO 70 at virtual Talladega Superspeedway from the 26th position, but a late-race accident derailed his march to a top-10 finish with a 37th-place finish.
- RACE INFO: The Finish Line 150 at virtual Dover International Speedway is scheduled for Sunday, May 3, 2020. Coverage will begin at 1:00 p.m. ET on FOX and FOX Sports 1.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Erik Jones: “Dover has been a tough track for me in real life, so hopefully we can get a solid run in iRacing there. I don’t really know what to expect, but we ran good at Richmond and hopefully we can take some of what we learned there and use it to have a decent run at Dover. I’m excited to have DEWALT on the car again this weekend and feature DEWALT ATOMIC. Hopefully we can have a strong run and get them a good finish.”
—Joe Gibbs Racing —