The NASCAR Hall of Fame will reopen to the general public on Sept. 16 with reduced capacity and enhanced health and safety measures in place. Operating hours will be 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Wednesday through Monday, with Tuesdays reserved for private groups and special events (Hot Pass Tuesdays). In advance of its official reopening, the Hall will also welcome back existing members on Saturday, Sept. 12 and Sunday, Sept. 13.
“We’re thrilled and ready to welcome back guests to the NASCAR Hall of Fame,” said Winston Kelley, Executive Director. “The health and safety of our visitors and staff is our highest priority, and based on months of hard work from our teammates at the Hall and Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority, we are confident we are prepared to safely reopen.”
To meet the new operational demands brought on by COVID-19, the Hall and the CRVA have re-written protocols to a standard called “We Clean with Care,” which translates to rigorous measures involving sanitizing and disinfecting all venues with increased frequency and implementing new personal safety best practices. Below are just a few of the measures being implemented at the NASCAR Hall of Fame:
- In accordance with state and local guidelines, guests are required to wear face masks or coverings throughout their time at the Hall
- Cleaning crews have increased cleaning frequency with special attention given to high-touch areas (elevator buttons, stair handrails, etc.)
- Guests will be provided with a complimentary individual stylus to accommodate no-touch interactions with the Hall’s many touch-screen exhibits. In addition, interactive displays will be sanitized multiple times per day
- Electrostatic/disinfectant sprayers will be used in high-touch areas including, but not limited to, the High Octane Theater, racing simulators, Pit Crew Experience and Legends Room
- Color-coordinated microfiber cloths are being used with a disinfectant cleaning solution to eliminate cross-contamination in high-touch areas
- Dozens of hand sanitizer stations have been installed strategically throughout the building in high traffic areas
- All NASCAR Hall employees have been provided with face masks and are required to wear them while on duty
- Foot claws have been installed on all restroom doors for hands-free use
- Cleanliness patrols are being implemented to disinfect high-touch areas throughout the day and to check that all soap and sanitizer dispensers are full
- All team members have completed mandatory training sessions to understand and implement these modified procedures and sanitation practices to provide for health of both guests and employees
- CDC “Stop the Spread of Germs” posters and signage detailing proper handwashing/hygiene procedures in both English and Spanish have been placed in all bathrooms
In addition, the CRVA is also pursuing Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR certifications for all of its buildings. This is the gold standard of prepared facilities and the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation for them.
For full list of health and safety protocols being implemented at the NASCAR Hall of Fame, visit nascarhall.com/clean.
Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets online here and use the print-at-home/mobile ticket option upon purchase. The box office will also be open to assist guests, who are asked to send one member of their party through the line and observe social distancing. Decals on the door will indicate proper spacing. Cashless transactions are also preferred for any purchases once at the Hall.
Those not ready for an in-person visit but still interested in a NASCAR Hall of Fame experience can check out the new Spark! Online Education platform on nascarhall.com offering free, engaging lesson plans with project-based learning experiences to do at home. Fans can also read all about NASCAR history, stories from legends and more told by the NASCAR Hall of Fame curatorial team on its new blog, “Curators’ Corner.”
To learn more about the NASCAR Hall of Fame and its safety protocols, visit nascarhall.com.