Driver Champion: Sheldon Creed
Team: No. 2 GMS Racing Chevrolet Silverado
– Sheldon Creed has won his first NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series championship; his previous best finish in the final driver standings was 10th in 2019.
– Creed is the 18th different driver to win the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series championship.
– Creed won NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck season finale at Phoenix to win the title.
– Creed finished the 2020 season with 23 starts, five wins, nine top fives and 13 top 10s.
– During the Playoffs this season, Creed has posted two wins, four top fives and five top 10s.
– Creed, from Alpine, California, is the fourth different NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series champion from the state of California; joining Mike Skinner (1995 champion), Ron Hornaday Jr. (1996, 1998, 2007, 2009),
Matt Crafton (2013, 2014, 2019).
Owner Champion: GMS Racing
– This is GMS Racing’s second NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series driver championship (Johnny Sauter, 2016; Sheldon Creed, 2020).
– GMS Racing is one of 16 different organizations to win in the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series driver championship, and the 13th different organization to win the owner championship.
– GMS Racing has posted 37 NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series wins among 13 different drivers – Austin Dillon, Grant Enfinger, Ben Kennedy, Kyle Larson, Johnny Sauter, Kaz Grala, Justin Haley, Timothy
Peters, Brett Moffitt, Sheldon Creed, Chase Elliott, Sam Mayer and Zane Smith.
– In 2013, GMS Racing made its series debut with driver Spencer Gallagher in the No. 23 at Kansas Speedway.
Crew Chief Champion: Jeff Stankiewicz
– This is Jeff Stankiewicz first career NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series championship; his previous best championship finish was seventh with driver Joey Coulter in 2014.
– Stankiewicz has become the 19th different crew chief to win a NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series championship
– Stankiewicz has seven career NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series victories among three drivers – Grant Enfinger, Kyle Larson and Sheldon Creed.
— NASCAR —