UPDATE 6-11-2021: Roger Penske met with the media Friday and was asked again about Brad Keselowski’s status with the team for next season.
He also addressed the issue of the No. 21 Wood Brothers driver. Austin Cindric was previously announced to be taking over the ride for Matt DiBenedetto in 2022.
Will Cindric be in 21 next year?
"I don't know."
Can Matt DiBenedetto possibly return to the 21 next year?:"For me to discuss drivers, what is it, June or July? The season isn't even over yet. We haven't made any permanent decisions on drivers, there's a lot of moving parts."
— Jenna Fryer (@JennaFryer) June 11, 2021
UPDATE 5-28-2021: Brad Keselowski was asked about his 2022 plans Friday at Charlotte Motor Speedway:
WILL YOU BE BACK WITH TEAM PENSKE IN 2022? “I can’t talk about that, but I appreciate you asking. When I can, I’ll tell you.”
HAS IT BEEN A DISTRACTION WITH ALL THE RUMORS AND REPORTS? “No, it’s not difficult for me. I think I’m in a spot where I’m just head down, finished second last year in points and won four races and looking for one more spot.”
WHEN DO YOU THINK YOU WILL REVEAL YOUR PLANS FOR 2022? “As soon as I’m allowed to.”
— Ford Performance —
Earlier in the day, Roger Penske, was asked who would drive the No. 2 next year: “We really haven’t made a decision at this point. We’ve got a contract with Brad through the end of the year and we’ll make a decision when that’s over.”
“When I can, I’ll tell ya,” @keselowski says on his 2022 plans.
— Alan Cavanna (@AlanCavanna) May 29, 2021
Asked Roger Penske about who will drive the No. 2 Cup car in NASCAR next year: “We really haven't made a decision at this point. We’ve got a contract with Brad through the end of the year and we'll make a decision when that's over.”
— Jeff Gluck (@jeff_gluck) May 28, 2021
UPDATE 5-19-2021: Asked about the rumors of a deal with Brad Keselowski on Wednesday during a Roush Fenway Racing sponsorship announcement with Fastenal, team president Steve Newmark said, “We’re gonna keep the focus on Fastenal and our partnership then I will attempt to deflect politely any questions around any of those rumors at this time.”
UPDATE 5-18-2021: Brad Keselowski driving and having an ownership stake in Roush Fenway Racing appears to be a done deal, according to multiple industry sources with knowledge of the situation.
In addition to sources indicating the deal is done, there are a couple of signs that indicate Keselowski will leave Penske at the end of the season and head to Roush Fenway. The general manager of his former truck series team, Jeremy Thompson, is already working out of the Roush Fenway Racing shop, according to sources. And Keselowski was initially scheduled to do the Next Gen tire test for Team Penske two weeks ago at Texas but then was replaced by Ryan Blaney.
— Fox Sports —
ORIGINAL POST: Brad Keselowski is considering an offer to become the next NASCAR Cup Series driver with an ownership interest in the sport, Motorsport.com has learned.
Keselowski, 37, has been offered a fulltime Cup series ride with Roush Fenway Racing beginning next season in a deal that would also include part ownership in a renamed team called RFK (Roush-Fenway-Keselowski) Racing, multiple sources with knowledge of the deal have confirmed.
Keselowski would become the driver of the No. 6 Ford, but it remains unclear how much of an ownership percentage he would have in the renamed team. However, Keselowski would be expected to play a large role on the competition side of the organization, sources said.
Also unclear is whether the current driver of the No. 6, Ryan Newman, will move to a third team at Roush or leave the organization.
See much more at Motorsport.