NASCAR Camping World Truck Series News & Rumors
August 2011 Archives
- Braun, Ballew & sponsor return at Atlanta: Building on their initial NASCAR Camping World Truck Series effort from two weeks ago at Michigan International Speedway, Billy Ballew Motorsports and Colin Braun will take to the Atlanta Motor Speedway on Friday, September 2nd for a full day of action in the Atlanta 200. With practice, qualifying, and the race all taking place in the same day, the team and Braun have spent the last several days preparing their Bullet Liner Ford F-150 to be quick right off of the transporter. Bullet Liner, which served as the primary sponsor of the No. 51 entry in Michigan , will return as such for Atlanta.(Billy Ballew Motorsports PR)(8-31-2011)
- Long making Atlanta debut; honoring grandfather: Johanna Long, No. 20 Panhandle Motorsports Toyota, will make her first laps around the 1.54-mile Atlanta Motor Speedway in Friday night’s Atlanta 200. Although this will be another first-track experience for Long, she has had success on 1.5-mile tracks this season, registering her NCWTS career best 11th-place finish at Texas Motor Speedway in June. “I’m racing in honor of my Paw-Paw [grandfather] this weekend. He’s been battling liver disease for awhile now and is still staying strong, so I want this race to be for him. He is the one that has given me the opportunity to do what I love from the beginning of my career, and he has been my biggest supporter. Every lap that I make around Atlanta Motor Speedway will be for him. In honor of Long’s Paw-Paw, she will have “Paw-Paw Powered” on the right-rear corner of her No. 20 Toyota Tundra.(Panhandle Motorsports PR)(8-31-2011)
- Hometrack for #23 sponsor; Snyder to crew chief role: GunBroker.com, a longtime supporter of White, is a Georgia based company. GunBroker.com is an informative, detailed, secure, and safe way to buy and sell firearms and hunting/shooting accessories. Currently GunBroker.com has over 1.75 million registered users, with 500,000 auctions running at any time and has over three million unique monthly visitors to the site. Following the appeal being upheld by the National Stock Car Racing Appeals Panel after the penalty assessed at Lucas Oil Raceway, crew chief, Chad Kendrick will be suspended from the next four NASCAR Camping World Truck Series events. Truck chief, Terry “Richie” Snyder, will assume the position as crew chief for the No. 23 entry in this weekend’s Good Sam Club 200 at Atlanta Motor Speedway.(Joe Denette Motorsports PR)(8-31-2011)
- Familiar Zachry colors return to Starr’s #81 at AMS: With sixteen races down and nine to go, David Starr is holding steady in eleventh place in the 2011 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series points standings, but that is not where the team hopes to be when the season closes in Miami in November. Starr and the SS Green Light Racing team are looking forward to making the move into the top-ten in Friday night at the Atlanta Motor Speedway; one of the fastest tracks the series visits each season. The familiar black and green colors of Zachry will return to the No. 81 Toyota Tundra for the Atlanta 200. The Texas based-company will have a large contingent of employees visiting the track to support Starr and the SS Green Light Racing team. The Atlanta 200 is the 262nd consecutive NCWTS start for the SS Green Light Racing team and the 282nd career start for Starr in the Truck Series. David has four victories, 47 top-fives and 114 top-tens through his 14-year career including two top-fives and seven top-tens so far in 2011.(SS Green Light Racing PR)(8-31-2011)
- KHI announces competition changes: Effective immediately Chris Carrier has been named crew chief of the No. 33 team, replacing David Hyder who has been released from his position. For this weekend’s events at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Carrier will continue his role as crew chief of the No. 8 team which competes in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in addition to assuming the duties with the No. 33 team. Crew chief for the No. 8 team will be named at a later date.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)(8-30-2011)
- Good Sam Club to sponsor Atlanta race: Good Sam Club, the world’s largest RV owners community, and Atlanta Motor Speedway announced today the sponsorship of the NASCAR Camping World Trucks Series race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The Event will be titled the Good Sam Club 200 and is scheduled to run this Friday night, September 2nd. Home of the biggest Labor Day party in the USA, the Atlanta Motor Speedway 1.54-mile track vies for the title of the “fastest track in NASCAR” and consistently delivers exciting racing. “We are proud to partner with Atlanta Motor Speedway,” said Marcus Lemonis, Chairman and CEO of Camping World & Good Sam. “Atlanta is a great market for Good Sam & Camping World and we look forward to sharing in the race excitement while exposing the fans to our brand, products and services at our on-site store.” The Good Sam Club 200 live coverage on SPEED begins at 7:30 p.m. EDT on Friday, September 2, 2011.(Camping World/Good Sam Club PR)(8-30-2011)
- Coulter making Atlanta debut: Joey Coulter, driver of the No. 22 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet Silverado, has not previously raced at Atlanta Motor Speedway in any series. Coulter moved up two positions, to sixth, in the NCWTS driver point standings following a sixth-place finish at Bristol. He is 13 markers outside of the top five and 55 markers behind point leader Johnny Sauter. The 21-year-old driver leads the Rookie of the Year standings by 17 points over Cole Whitt. Coulter is also a fulltime Mechanical Engineering student at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, and started his Fall 2011 course work last week. The 21-year-old will juggle school and racing for the remainder of the season.(<a “=”” rcrracing.com=””>Richard Childress Racing PR)(8-30-2011)
- #18 Dollar General promotes sweeps; Busch hosting special guests at AMS: The yellow-and-black paint scheme on Kyle Busch’s No. 18 Dollar General Tundra for Friday’s Atlanta 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race will feature a special decal on the rear quarter panel promoting the sponsor’s “Race in to Win” sweepstakes. [See details on the Jayski Contest page. Busch is the only NCWTS driver to register multiple wins at Atlanta, has earned four trips to Victory Lane in six career starts at the 1.54-mile quad-oval. Kyle Busch will be hosting guests from the Carrie Steel-Pitts Home – a private, nonprofit, and nondiscriminatory child caring agency that provides 24-hour state approved residency for neglected, abandoned abused or orphaned children- at Friday night’s Atlanta 200 thanks to a generous donation of tickets from Atlanta Motor Speedway and Speedway Children’s Charities. Located in Atlanta, Ga., Carrie Steel-Pitts Home is one of five organizations throughout the country that the Kyle Busch Foundation assists in providing essential tools for less fortunate children. This will be the group’s fourth annual trip to the NCWTS race at Atlanta. They have been able to celebrate a Busch victory after two of their first three visits.(Kyle Busch Motorsports PR)(8-30-2011)
- Gibbs interested in Nationwide, Truck teams: UPDATE JD Gibbs correction; no new teams: Joe Gibbs Racing President JD Gibbs told Sirius XM NASCAR Radio’s Sirius Speedway with Dave Moody that as part of the team’s new engine partnership with Toyota Racing Development, new NASCAR Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series entries could be fielded out of the JGR shops in 2012. “If we can add a couple of Nationwide programs and a Truck program & I don’t think there’s a person here who will have to worry about their job,” he said. “That is one of the things that made this worth looking at. For a lot of our key guys who have been here for years, there will be roles in the shop or motor department that they can fill. A lot of them will still have their (previous) jobs, a few of them will probably go on the road with the teams, and some of them will have different roles that will allow us to do things better across the playing field.” Gibbs said the proposed new Nationwide and Truck Series teams will run under the JGR banner. “We will continue to do all our (current) Nationwide teams, and if we add new teams, it will give us spots to put guys in so no one has to worry about their job.” He revealed that the new teams could be implemented quickly, saying, “Additional motor programs are one of the easiest things to do. The harder stuff is to build chassis, cars, parts and pieces and put them all together. The motors come (from TRD), you put them in, run them, take them out and send them back. (The new teams) are something we think we can add and do a good job with.”(Sirius Speedway)(8-12-2011)
UPDATE: During an interview today on Sirius XM NASCAR Radio’s Sirius Speedway radio program, JD Gibbs clarified what he said during the radio interview a couple of weeks ago. Gibbs said that with the new partnership with TRD they will most likely be involved in the engine programs for the Nationwide and Truck Series, but Joe Gibbs Racing has no plans to start either a new Nationwide or Truck team.(8-30-2011)
- Bristol images added: Added images from the O’Reilly 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway. Check them out via the 2011 Camping World Truck Series Paint Schemes page.(8-30-2011)
- Carmichael featuring Kroger: Ricky Carmichael will pilot chassis TMS-021 from the Turner Motorsports stable in Friday’s Atlanta 200 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Carmichael has a pair of starts at AMS and calls a sixth-place finish a career-best at the ultra-fast, 1.54-mile quad-oval. Turner Motorsports and Monster Energy are pleased to feature Kroger and on the lower-rear quarter panels of the No. 4 Monster Energy Silverado Friday night in Atlanta. The Kroger Co., headquartered in Cincinnati, is one of the nation’s largest grocery retailers, with fiscal 2010 sales of $82.2 billion.(Turner Motorsports PR)(8-30-2011)
- Newman to drive #08 for Turner at AMS; to honor Beau Slocumb; image added: UPDATE Owens as crew chief: Turner Motorsports is pleased to announce that Ryan Newman will pilot the No. 08 BRANDT/Realtree Chevrolet Silverado in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Atlanta 200 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Newman and Turner Motorsports will honor the life of former employee and family friend Beau Slocumb, who lost his battle with cancer this past spring, with a special paint scheme featuring the No. 08, Slocumb’s car number during his racing career. All the money received by Turner Motorsports from the NCWTS event will be donated to Slocumb’s widow to assist with medical expenses. A native of Macon, Ga., Slocumb was a racer himself, having made four ARCA Racing Series starts in 2009 and logging an impressive 7.0 starting average combined with a solid 11.2 average finish. The 26-year-old driver logged a pair of top-10 finishes over those four starts including a career-best fifth-place finish at Kansas Speedway. Slocumb began his career racing Legends cars and climbed the professional ladder through the late model ranks, earning 131 feature wins in Legends and late model competition, eventually making his mark in the ARCA series. He is survived by his wife Jessica, parents Burke “Buster” and Jeanne, brothers Seth and Daniel and sister Maggie. Newman and his wife Krissie are longtime friends of the Slocumb family and feel honored to be paying tribute to their close friends. Newman has one NCWTS win at Atlanta Motor Speedway coming in October, 2008. He has a total of three NCWTS starts, racking up one win, three top-five and three top-10 finishes.(Turner Motorsports PR)(8-15-2011) [Image of the #08 Brandt/Realtree Chevrolet is posted on the #08 NCWTS Paint Schemes page.(8-15-2011)
UPDATE: Trent Owens, who serves as crew chief on Turner Motorsports’ No. 32 Dollar General Impala in the Nationwide Series, will call the shots for Newman’s No. 08 at AMS. In 25 NASCAR Nationwide Series events this season (21 with Reed Sorenson/4 with Mark Martin), Owens has collected two wins (1 Martin/1 Sorenson), eight top-five and 18 top-10 finishes.(Turner Motorsports PR)(8-29-2011)
- Bowyer returns to #2 for Atlanta: Clint Bowyer will return to the driver seat of the No. 2 Bad Boy Buggies Chevrolet Sliverado this Friday for his fourth NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start of the season, as the series heads to Georgia for the Atlanta 200. The Friday night race will be Bowyer’s second Truck Series appearance at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The Emporia, Kan., native made his Atlanta Truck Series debut in 2007 in a Kevin Harvick Inc. prepared machine and drove to a fifth-place finish after starting the race from the 12th position. Bay Boy Buggies will rejoin KHI and Bowyer in Atlanta for their third Truck Series race of the season.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)(8-29-2011)
- Hornaday to help bring Breast Cancer Awareness month to forefront: Ron Hornaday will be teaming up with Chevrolet on Friday morning for a two-hour long pace car ride session with breast cancer survivors. The rides are an effort to start bringing Breast Cancer Awareness month to the forefront which officially takes place the month of October. Chevrolet is a large supporter of the American Cancer Society. The Kevin Harvick Inc. driver will be wheeling the No. 33 Armour/Ingles Chevrolet Silverado around the 1.54-mile quad-oval for the Atlanta 200 this Labor Day weekend. Hornaday will make his 11th-career series start at the track and has a record that includes one win, three poles, four top-five and five top-10 finishes with 265 laps led.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)(8-29-2011)
- Sauter team hosting Curb recording artist at AMS: Returning one of the fastest tracks on the NASCAR Circuit – Atlanta Motor Speedway, Johnny Sauter finds himself once again at the top of the driver points in the Camping World Truck Series. It is the 10th week out of 17 that the veteran driver has led the points. The No. 13 team hosts Curb Recording artist for the weekend – Tim Dugger – both in the pits and on the decklid. Dugger will play the pre-race concerts at both the NCWTS and Cup races in Atlanta and is one of the most promising young Curb artists.(ThorSport Racing PR) [Rendering of the #13-Safe Auto/Curb Records/Carrier Chevrolet featuring Tim Dugger is posted on the #13 NCWTS Paint Schemes page.](8-29-2011)
- RHR owner calls Georgia home: Red Horse Racing team owner Tom DeLoach calls Georgia home. DeLoach is a native of Statesboro, Georgia and studied chemical engineering at Georgia Tech, where he continues to serve on GT’s Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Advisory Board. The GT alum purchased Red Horse Racing during the 2005 season and currently fields two trucks, the No. 7 (Miguel Paludo) and No. 17 (Timothy Peters), in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Prior to his NASCAR ownership, DeLoach held various executive positions in Mobil Corporation, while serving as the senior contact for Mobil’s worldwide motorsports program. He is also a director and the non-executive Chairman for Asbury Automotive Group in Duluth, Georgia. Paludo will make his first laps around the 1.5-mile speedway on Friday. Peter’s hopes to earn his third top-five finish in a row this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway and top his career best finish of seventh at the 1.5-mile track.(Red Horse Racing PR)(8-29-2011)
- NASCAR upholds Kendrick penalty: On August 26, 2011, the National Stock Car Racing Appeals Panel heard and considered the appeal of the No. 23 Joe Denette Motorsports NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team. The penalties concern Section 12-1 of the NASCAR Rule Book “Actions detrimental to stock car racing.”; Section 12-4-J: “Any determination by NASCAR Officials that the Race Equipment used in the Event does not conform to NASCAR rules;” and Section 20B-16.3F: “Fuel cell container installation; Unapproved fuel cell top rack location, top rack was not secure to top of the fuel cell container” and; Section 12-4-K: If, in the judgment of NASCAR Officials, Race Equipment that has been previously certified or previously approved and/or sealed by NASCAR for use in an Event; Section 20B-16.2B: Fuel cell container; Unapproved modification to the certified fuel cell container; container exceeded outside dimensions.” This stemmed from an opening day inspection for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis on July 29, 2011.
The original penalties assessed were:*$2,500 fine
*Suspended from the next four (4) NASCAR Camping World Truck Series events
*Suspended from NASCAR until September 7, 2011
*Placed on NASCAR probation until December 31, 2011.
The Appellant requested and was granted a deferral of the fine and suspension until such time as this hearing could be convened. The Appellant acknowledged the fuel cell container did not visually appear to have the proper configuration required per the 2011 Rule Book. The Appellant contested the severity and consistency of the fine for the infractions related to the penalties. Upon hearing the testimony and carefully reviewing the facts, the unanimous decision of the National Stock Car Racing Appeals Panel was to uphold the original penalties assessed by NASCAR. The Appellants have the right under Section 15 of the Rule Book to appeal this decision to the National Stock Car Racing Chief Appellate Officer. [Clay Campbell, Robert Yates, Humpy Wheeler, Ed Bennett – Appellate Administrator and non-voting member.(NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications)[Prior news is posted on the 2011 NCWTS Penalties page.](8-26-2011)
- Rockingham installing SAFER barriers: UPDATE preliminary discussions taken place: The Rockingham Speedway, which hosted NASCAR Sprint Cup races from 1965 to 2004, is taking a huge step toward once again hosting big-league racing as SAFER “soft wall” barriers will be installed next month. The energy-absorbing system will be installed in two phases, in mid-September and late December, covering all four turns of the one-mile oval and the inside of the backstretch wall. NASCAR requires racetracks to have the SAFER barrier in place before they can host one of the sanctioning body’s top three national series — Sprint Cup, Nationwide, or Camping World Trucks. Rockingham officials have had discussions with NASCAR, albeit informal, about the possibility of a Nationwide or Truck Series event returning to the track more commonly known as The Rock. A source within NASCAR, speaking on condition of anonymity, admits as much. However, the lack of a SAFER barrier had always been an insurmountable issue. Without the promise of a NASCAR race, Hillenburg wasn’t confident enough to try and secure funds for SAFER installation. That now appears to have changed. NASCAR president Mike Helton told ESPN.com’s David Newton that while he “wouldn’t want to give anybody false hope,” the installation of SAFER barriers “gives us more options.”(ESPN.com)(8-16-2011)
UPDATE: From Frontstretch.com interview with Rockingham Speedway owner, Andy Hillenburg…
Neff: With the SAFER barrier installation in progress, the rumors have begun about the addition of a Truck race and/or a Nationwide race. Have you had any preliminary discussions with NASCAR about that?
Hillenburg: Yes, there have been preliminary discussions. I can’t give you an outcome yet, but it is something that we have been working towards since day one and it is something that we would like to see. It hasn’t happened yet, but there are finally realistic discussions taking place yes.
Neff: In looking at the attendance at the Spring UARA / USAR Pro Cup race, it was definitely sparser than we would like to see, and obviously the economy is part of that. Is that something you worry about that, if you do land a Truck and / or Nationwide race you’re going to have trouble bringing in a crowd? Or do you think the NASCAR name is going to be enough to give you a decent crowd?
Hillenburg: That’s too early to say without actually having a NASCAR race in place but, if it were to come to pass I would definitely think that would help. At the same time, as a promoter, I am experimenting as well. Different types of advertising packages, lots of advertising, very little advertising. Basically I feel like I’m going to college learning how to run events, and I’m doing so by running these smaller events so I can learn and learn by having more of them. I can learn at a faster pace than just running one event per year.(Frontstretch.com)(8-26-2011)
- Marks joins ThorSport Racing for Atlanta 200; image added: Camping World Truck Series driver Justin Marks will take the wheel of the No. 98 ThorSport Racing machine at Atlanta Motor Speedway for a one race deal that will not only give Marks a shot at the win, but will also give the newest team under the ThorSport umbrella and crew lead by crew chief Dan Stillman another valuable chance to compete before going full-time in 2012. The team’s primary driver, Dakoda Armstrong, has chosen seven select races this season to compete in, the maximum number allowed without spoiling his chances to run for Rookie of the Year next season. The Atlanta 200 was not one of those events on Armstrong’s schedule, but the he will be at the 1.5-mile oval to gain as much experience from Marks and offer up support to his crew. Armstrong will also attend the remainder of the races on the NCWTS schedule to take notes, talk with his teammates Johnny Sauter and Matt Crafton, and take an in-depth look at everything his team does beyond the cockpit. Team Manager David Pepper confirmed the plan to give the third team in the ThorSport Racing stable a chance to compete at another track before their first full-season campaign. Pepper and Marks have prior history in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and found this opportunity as a chance to help the ThorSport Racing team gain experience and provide Marks with the tools to compete for the win. The California-native will bring GoPro with him as a sponsor on the No. 98 for the Atlanta event.(ThorSport Racing PR) [Image of the #98 GoPro Chevrolet is posted on the #98 NCWTS 2011 Paint Scheme page.](8-25-20111)
- Michigan TV ratings saw year-to-year increase; series up for year: According to Nielsen Media Research, SPEED coverage of Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race from Michigan International Speedway scored a Nielsen Household Rating of .77, up 10-percent from last year’s equivalent-date Darlington race (.70) and up 13-percent compared to last year’s June race from Michigan (.68). Ratings for the series are up five percent overall versus last year at this point. Next up for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series on SPEED – an usual Wednesday night race from Bristol Motor Speedway. NCWTS Setup with Krista Voda begins at 7:30 p.m. ET with live race coverage at 8 p.m. ET. SPEED first hits the air at 4:30 p.m. ET Wednesday with live coverage of NCWTS qualifying from Bristol, followed by live coverage of the NASCAR Whelen Modified Series race at 6 p.m. ET.(SPEEDtv PR)(8-23-2011)
- Starr picks up sponsor for Bristol triple-duty run: The SS Green Light Racing No. 81 Toyota Tundra will have a fresh new look this week at the Bristol Motor Speedway as premier health and wellness company AdvoCare will back Starr’s effort. AdvoCare will also be supporting David in both the Nationwide and Sprint Cup races at Bristol this week as the fourteen-year NASCAR veteran attempts his first ever “triple” in all three touring series. The Boot Campaign and Zachry will provide associate sponsorship on the AdvoCare No. 81Toyota this week. [Starr is scheduled to drive the #95 AdvoCare Ford for Leavine Family Racing in the Sprint Cup race; will be the #05 in Nationwide race; may be late entry?](SS Green Light Racing PR)(8-23-2011)
- Kligerman doubles up; subbing for Keselowski in NNS: From Penske Racing: “Parker Kligerman will drive the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge this weekend in the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway. Brad Keselowski is still healing from an ankle fracture and strained back suffered in his testing accident at Road Atlanta earlier this month. Brad’s condition will continue to be monitored on a race-by-race basis.”(Penske Racing PR)(8-23-2011)
- Chastain back to Turn One’s #66 at BMS: After an impressive run in Turn One Racing’s No. 66 Chevrolet at Lucas Oil Raceway, the team has selected 18-year-old rookie Ross Chastain to pilot the No. 66 National Watermelon Promotion Board Chevrolet in the 14th Annual O’Reilly “200” at Bristol Motor Speedway. Championship winning Crew Chief Trip Bruce has joined Turn One Racing and will call the shots for Ross Chastain at Bristol; Carnegie Hotel will also be onboard at Bristol.(Turn One Racing PR)(8-23-2011)
- Bristol Fast Facts — Kyle Busch: Busch has checked into Victory Lane after each of the last five races held in NASCAR’s top three series at the “World’s Fastest Half-Mile” and will be looking to make it six straight Wednesday night driving the No.18 Dollar General Tundra in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series O’Reilly Auto Parts 200. Bristol stats:
*Ranks first in career NCWTS wins (3) and is tied with four other drivers for most top-fives (4)
*Has won the last three NCWTS O’Reilly Auto Parts 200’s, leading 343 of the 609 total laps (56%) during those races
*Ranks first over the last six NCWTS races at Bristol in laps led (343), fastest laps run (200), laps in the top 15 (1,105), speed in traffic (114.935 mph) and fastest speed late in a run (115.194 mph)
*Captured the pole for the 2010 NCWTS O’Reilly Auto Parts 200 and has started in the top 10 in each of his six career starts
*Has won four of the last five NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races and the last two NNS races(Kyle Busch Motorsports PR)(8-23-2011)
- Bodine sponsored by Valvoline for Bristol: The No. 5 Valvoline team and Germain Racing driver Todd Bodine will utilize GR-019 in Wednesday’s 200-lap NCWTS race at Bristol Motor Speedway. Mike Hillman Jr. will once again be atop the pit box calling the shots for the defending series champion as this marks the sixth race of a collaborative effort between Germain Racing and Randy Moss Motorsports to field the No. 5 Tundra. While all 21 of his truck series victories have occurred on tracks one mile or larger, Bodine has three runner-up finishes in six truck series starts at Bristol. Bodine, however, knows his way to victory lane at Bristol Motor Speedway, collecting two victories in NASCAR Nationwide Series competition.(RMM/Germain Racing PR)(8-23-2011)
- Richards returns to the #51 with KBM: Two-time World of Outlaws Late Model Series champion Josh Richards will make his debut at Bristol Motor Speedway and his fourth career start in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Seriesthis week. In Wednesday’s O’Reilly Auto Parts 200, Richards will pilot the No. 51 Joy Mining Machinery Toyota Tundra fielded by Kyle Busch Motorsports. Joy Mining Machinery will have over 350 employees and customers as guests to the speedway for hospitality and the NCWTS race on Wednesday. Rick Ren will be the crew chief.(Rising Star Mgmt/KBM PR)(8-23-2011)
- Bandit Industries to sponsor Crum at Bristol: Bandit Industries Inc. has competed in the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series in the past. Now, the company is making its NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut with Jake Crum behind the wheel of the #01 BanditChippers.com Chevrolet Silverado at the Bristol Motor Speedway on Wednesday night. Jake made his NCWTS debut at Bristol in August 2010, qualifying an impressive 13th before a broken fuel pump ended his night after 90 laps. Jake will also be supporting the Greyhound Rescue Foundation of Tennessee during the race weekend. Bandit Industries Inc is a leading manufacturer of hand fed and whole tree wood chippers, wood waste recyclers, stump grinders, and forestry mowers. This wholly American company was founded in Remus, Michigan in 1983, starting with just six employees and a single wood chipper. Since then, over 50,000 Bandit machines have served in more than 50 countries around the globe, with the largest chippers and grinders using over 1000 horsepower to process material up to three feet in diameter.(Jake Crum Racing PR)(8-23-2011)
- White to sport Sam Bass designed scheme for Bristol race: Jason White will still carry the familiar GunBroker.com colors on the No. 23 machine at BMS, but will sport a new paint scheme designed by Sam Bass for the famed night race. White is scheduled to do a photo shoot on Tuesday afternoon with Sherri Jesse Salon in Bristol, VA prior to his on track activities at BMS. The veteran driver is scheduled to do a fashion shoot with highly acclaimed hairstylist, Sherri Jesse, to be featured in Style Source magazine. The O’Reilly Auto Parts 200 will mark White’s 120th start in the NCWTS.(Joe Denette Motorsports PR) [Rendering of the Sam Bass designed #23-Gunbroker.com Chevrolet is posted on the #23 NCWTS 2011 Paint Schemes page.](8-23-2011)
- Feese to drive Turner’s #32 at BMS: Turner Motorsports welcomes back Saybrook, Ill.-native Blake Feese as driver of the No. 32 Chevy Silverado. Feese made his season debut at Nashville Superspeedway where he qualified 17th and brought home an 18th-place finish. AccuDoc Solutions will serve as primary sponsor of the No. 32 Chevy Silverado this Wednesday evening at Bristol Motor Speedway. AccuDoc Solutions is based in Morrisville, N.C. and provides billing- statement printing and processing to hospitals and hospital-based physicians(Turner Motorsports PR)(8-23-2011)
- Silas returns to series at Bristol: After a brief break, Stuart, Florida native Bryan Silas will return to racing competition when the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series takes on the “World’s Fastest Half-Mile” with the running of the O’Reilly 200 on Wednesday night. Silas, debuting in his T3R entry behind the wheel of the No. 09 Rockingham Speedway Ford F-150 will attempt to make his 16th career start, his third of the 2011 season and his third overall at Bristol Motor Speedway. Cal Boprey will serve as crew chief.(Bryan Silas PR)(8-23-2011)
- Germain forming new team with Native American businessman: Sirius XM NASCAR Radio’s Sirius Speedway with Dave Moody has learned that Germain Racing majority owner Bob German will form a new NASCAR National Series team in conjunction with Naples, Fla., resident O.B. Osceola, Jr. The team, to be called Germain-Osceola Racing, hopes to field an entry in 2012 in the NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide or Camping World Truck Series in 2012 for a still unnamed driver, with backing projected to come from from a number of Native American tribes. Osceola is President of Pro Investment Group International and CEO of Pro Games, LLC, and has been instrumental in constructing and managing a number of large-scale projects for the Seminole Tribe of Florida, including fundraising and construction for Florida’s Immokalee Casino, and overseeing the tribe’s ownership of the worldwide Hard Rock and Hollywood Hotel/Casino franchises. Germain said the new team operate as a subsidiary of Germain Racing, with sponsorship flowing – at least for now — into the existing race team, which fields Sprint Cup Toyota Camrys for Mike Skinner and TJ Bell, and Camping World Truck Series Tundras for former series champion Todd Bodine, Brendan Gaughan and Max Papis. “At least initially, Germain Racing will build cars for Germain-Osceola Racing,” he said. “The tribes tend to support each other’s business ventures… (and) we’re talking about fielding a car that will be sponsored by all the different tribes to promote their casinos around the country.” He said Germain-Osceola Racing will make its NASCAR debut later this season, fielding a Hard Rock Vodka-sponsored Nationwide Series entry in the 2011 season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway. “That will be done as part of a launch for a new, Hard Rock-branded Vodka that’s coming out,” said Germain. “There are a lot of good things going on there, and I really think we’re onto something. It’s something new for NASCAR, and I think we’re going to see a lot of good things come out of this program.”(Sirius Speedway PR)(8-22-2011)
- Long making first trip to Bristol: Johanna Long will be back behind the wheel of her No. 20 Panhandle Grading & Paving Toyota Tundra on Wednesday, August 24 for the O’Reilly Auto Parts 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway. This will be Long’s first race at the famed .533-mile concrete oval in Bristol, Tenn. Although Long has not previously raced at Bristol Motor Speedway, she is no stranger to short track racing. The young driver has made several short track starts this season and began her racing career at half-mile Five Flags Speedway.(Johanna Long PR)(8-22-2011)
- Congrats to Miguel & Patricia Paludo: Congratulations go out to the Paludos’ on the birth of their new baby boy, Oliver, who arrived this morning, August 22nd, at 8:15am. Oliver weighed in at 8 lbs 3 ounces.(Red Horse Racing PR)(8-22-2011)
- Harvick back in #2 seat again for Bristol: Kevin Harvick Inc. (KHI) co-owner Kevin Harvick will join the No. 2 Hunt Brothers Pizza team for his thrid consecutive NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway. Harvick’s start this Wednesday evening will be his fifth Truck Series start this season, as well as his fifth Truck Series start at the 0.533-mile short track. To date, the NASCAR veteran has made four starts at Bristol gathering one top-five and three top-10 finishes.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)(8-22-2011)
- Hornaday sponsor Cooked Perfect Meatballs returns at Bristol: The No. 33 KHI Chevrolet will once again sport Home Market Foods and their Cooked Perfect Meatballs brands colors for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series showdown at Bristol. This is their second race on the No. 33 truck, after making their debut in April at Martinsville Speedway. Their black, red, and gold colors will be on board the No. 33 Chevrolet again at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on September 24. Four-time Truck Series champion Ron Hornaday is anxious to get his No. 33 Cooked Perfect Meatballs Chevrolet Silverado to the 0.533-mile oval of Bristol Motor Speedway this Wednesday night. The Kevin Harvick Inc. team has collected third-place finishes in the past two visits to the track and is hungry to visit victory lane. Hornaday knows his way around the Tennessee short track having led 388 laps and collecting two wins, four top-five and seven top-10 finishes in 11 starts.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)(8-22-2011)
- Cobb returns at Bristol with new sponsor: Hip Chix Fundraisers is pleased to announce a partnership with Jennifer Jo Cobb Racing that will utilize the power of NASCAR to introduce a solution for women’s charities looking to raise money for their cause. Hip Chix Fundraisers is an online, trendy, jewelry fundraising company that will sponsor Cobb in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races at Bristol Motor Speedway (Aug. 24), Atlanta Motor Speedway (Sep. 2) and Chicagoland Speedway (Sep. 16) and in the Nationwide Series races at Bristol Motor Speedway (Aug. 26), Atlanta Speedway (Sep. 3), Richmond International Raceway (Sep. 9) and Chicagoland Speedway (Sep. 17).(Jennifer Jo Cobb Racing PR)(8-22-2011)
- Crafton comments on ThorSport Grand Opening: “It was absolutely unbelievable. This entire team was already proud of the shop, but we never would have anticipated the number of people who came out for the Grand Opening. Literally thousands of people showed up from the community, NASCAR and the media. It was a constant stream of people all day. It really made us realize how much the shop means to the community of Sandusky, Ohio, as well as the racing community. This has always been a championship-caliber team, but now we’ve got the championship-caliber facility to match.” Crafton heads to Bristol Motor Speedway with eight starts under his belt, having earned two top-five and four top-10 finishes. Crafton earned his best Bristol start (fifth) in his 2003 debut at the track, and his best finish (second) in 2009. Crafton has completed 1610 laps at the 0.533-mile oval, but has never led a lap at the concrete track. The No. 88 team will utilize chassis No. 33 this week at Bristol Motor Speedway. The Menards/Goof Off team most recently used this chassis at Dover International Speedway in May where Crafton piloted it to a third-place finish.(Thorsport Racing PR)(8-22-2011)
- Sauter adds additional sponsor at BMS: ThorSport Racing announces they will add Mud Jug as an associate sponsor on the No. 13 Chevy Silverado at Bristol Motor Speedway’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series O’Reilly 200 in Brisol, TN on Wednesday, August 24th. The No. 13 Safe Auto/Curb Records/Mud Jug Chevy will be driven by NCWTS points leader Johnny Sauter. Mud Jug portable spittoons was founded in 2004 by innovator/owner, Darcy Compton.”Mud Jugs are available exclusively through the Mud Jug website and Facebook page. Enter coupon code NCWTS for 10% off any order. Although only available online at this time, plans are currently in the works to expand Mud Jugs into larger retail outlets,” added Compton.(ThorSport Racing PR)(8-22-2011)
- Piquet to make 1st Bristol start: Rookie driver Nelson Piquet Jr. will make his first-career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at Bristol Motor Speedway when he and the No. 8 Qualcomm/Autotrac team travel to Bristol, Tenn. this Wednesday evening. As the Truck Series heads into the second half of the season, the young Brazilian driver and his Kevin Harvick Inc. crew are focused on the momentum and confidence they gained during the first half of the season as they continue on their journey toward their first Truck Series victory. Crew chief Chris Carrier will lead the No 8 team on his home turf when the Truck Series heads to Bristol this week. “I grew up only a mile and a half away from the track, and my parents still live in that same house today,” said Carrier.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)(8-22-2011)
- Peck Motorsports to make third series start at Bristol: After improved performance at the Lucas Oil Raceway, in Indianapolis, Ind., in July, Peck Motorsports is returning to the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Bristol Motor Speedway for Wednesday night’s O’Reilly Auto Parts 200. It will be the team’s third start in the series with two more races left on their schedule for the remainder of the 2011 season. Driver Todd Peck will once again be racing the No. 96 Arthritis Foundation/Kids Get Arthritis Too Chevy to raise awareness for juvenile arthritis.(Peck Motorsports PR)(8-22-2011)
- Monday Rundown — Racing Resources:
*Harvick led once for 13 laps.
*Kevin Harvick Inc. posted its 37th Truck series win, passing Ultra Motorsports for sole possession of second all time. KHI has four wins in 2011, two by Harvick and one each by Clint Bowyer and Ron Hornaday.
*KHI posted its first win at Michigan. The team has won at 18 different tracks in the series.
*Chevrolet posted its second win at Michigan and seventh win of 2011.
*Timothy Peters (second) had his seventh top-10 finish of 2011.
*Miguel Paludo (third) had his career-best finish in his 19th start.
*James Buescher (fourth) had his 13th top-10 finish in 14 starts in 2011. He has seven top-5 finishes this season.
*David Starr (fifth) posted his fifth top-10 finish in his past six races.
*Jason White (sixth) had his third top-10 finish in 2011.
*Colin Braun finished ninth in his first series start since Homestead Miami in November 2009.
*Johnny Sauter (13th) regained the points lead by five over Buescher. His car received significant damage after a Lap 86 spin.
*Joey Coulter (18th) broke a streak of seven races finishing in the top 10.
*Austin Dillon (22nd) entered the day as the points leader but was caught in a Lap 90 accident while running fourth. He is third in points, eight back.
*Kyle Busch (25th) did not finish after a side window went through his radiator.
*The Nos. 18 and 2 are tied for the lead in owner points.(ESPN.com)(8-22-2011)
- AM FM-Energy to sponsor Sadler & JDM at Bristol; image: AM FM-Energy, the best in alternative energy solutions, will sponsor Elliott Sadler and the No. 24 Joe Denette Motorsports Chevrolet in the O’Reilly Auto Parts 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway on August 24. AM FM-Energy, based in Amherst, Va., is celebrating its sixth year in business as a leader in alternative energy solutions. The company specializes in multi-fuel stoves, wood stoves and pellet stoves. They are also a notable distributor of the high quality Timber Ridge line of wood and pellet stoves from England Stove Works.(Joe Denette Motorsports PR) [Rendering of the #23 AM FM-Energy Chevrolet is posted on the #24 NCWTS Paint Schemes page.](8-20-2011)
- QMI to sponsor Rogers #92 at Bristol; image: QMI, a leading manufacturing of automotive preventive maintenance products and equipment, is joining forces with the Ricky Benton Racing (RBR) Enterprises No. 92 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series QMI Truck at Shop Chevrolet Silverado race team and driver Clay Rogers for the August 24 event at Bristol Motor Speedway. QMI, founded in 1986, manufactures automotive preventive maintenance products and equipment at their ISO 9001 certified headquarters based in Lakeland, Fla. QMI brings extended life and efficiency to engines, transmissions, brakes, steering, cooling and climate control systems. They develop and manufacture their own products, specialized tools and equipment for application by specially trained automotive industry professionals. RBR Enterprises and driver Clay Rogers have entered 12 of the 14 NCWTS races in 2011. Leading into this weekend’s race at Michigan International Speedway, Rogers is in 19th in the series driver’s standings.(RBR Enterprises PR) [Image of the #92 QMI Chevrolet is posted on the #92 NCWTS Paint Schemes page.](8-20-2011)
- Superseal & Tagsby team up in Bristol; image: Construction Products & Tagsby Racing are teaming up again for O’Reilly Auto Parts 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway. Joining the team as the Crew Chief and Engineer will be Lonnie Rush, out of North Carolina. Lonnie Rush brings 30 years of extensive experience in all levels of motorsports and has and a winning track record that features such top stars as Kevin Harvick. Brian Johnson Jr returns to drive the #73. This will be Brian’s first start at Bristol Motor Speedway. SUPERSEAL also confirms that Brian Johnson Jr is now the full time driver of the #73 and the team is putting all efforts to ensure that Brian Johnson Jr will be able to compete for rookie of the year in 2012.(Superseal/Tagsby Racing PR)(8-20-2011) [Image of the #73 SUPERSEAL Chevrolet is posted on the #73 NCWTS Pain Schemes page](8-20-2011)
- Universal Studio’s Fast Five to sponsor Chicagoland race: In a first of its kind for NASCAR, Chicagoland Speedway today announced the blockbuster movie Fast Five, the biggest and most successful installment of The Fast and the Furious franchise debuting October 4 on Blu-ray and DVD from Universal Studios Home Entertainment, as the event title sponsor for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race on Friday, September 16 at Chicagoland Speedway – the “Fast Five 225.” A high-stakes, adrenaline-pumping thrill ride, Fast Five stars global superstar Tyrese Gibson and the talented and beautiful Jordana Brewster, who will co-serve as the Grand Marshals of the “Fast Five 225” to kick off the explosive triple header weekend at Chicagoland Speedway. Grammy-nominated artist Tyrese Gibson, whose highly anticipated new album Open Invitation will be released November 1 through Voltron Recordz/EMI Music Services, will also sing the national anthem.(Chicagoland Speedway PR)(8-19-2011)
- Billy Ballew Motorsports and Braun team up at MIS: UPDATE: new sponsor added: Billy Ballew Motorsports announced today that the team will field an entry in this weekend’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event at Michigan International Speedway with Colin Braun piloting the No. 51 Bullet Liner Ford F-150. Braun, the 2008 NCWTS Rookie of the Year, was victorious in his last truck outing at the track (2009). Billy Ballew Motorsports claimed victory in the 2010 running of the MIS race. “We have worked extremely hard over the past several months to get this program up and running,” said team owner Billy Ballew. “With the support of Bullet Liner and our collective success at the track, we are really looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully this will serve as a springboard for more races with Colin in 2011.” Bullet Liner, which is based in Cartersville , Georgia , offers an advanced coating system that provides maximum protection for pickup truck beds, tailgates, wheel wells and similar applications. The VFW 200, the 15th race on the 2011 schedule, is slated to be run on Saturday, August 20th. Live coverage will begin on SPEEDtvl at 12:30pm/et.(Billy Ballew Motorsports PR)(8-15-2011)
UPDATE: Matrix System Automotive Finishes has announced it will be one of the primary sponsors for Billy Ballew Motorsports and Colin Braun, driver of the No. 51 Bullet Liner Ford F-150 during NASCAR’s Camping World Truck Series event at Michigan International Speedway this weekend. Matrix System Automotive Finishes, based in Walled Lake, Mich., manufactures high-quality color, clear coats, primers, hardeners and reducers. Braun won the 2008 NCWTS Rookie of the Year and was victorious in his last truck outing at the track in 2009, while Billy Ballew Motorsports claimed victory in the 2010 running of the MIS race.(AfterMarketNews.com)(8-19-2011)
- Goodyear Tire Notes — Michigan: Teams in the both NASCAR series in action at Michigan this weekend will run the same Goodyear tire codes, though the Sprint Cup tires will be branded “Goodyear Eagle,” while the Camping World Truck tires will be branded “Goodyear Wrangler” . . . this is the same combination of left- and right-side tires that Sprint Cup teams ran at Michigan in June . . . in the Cup Series, teams have also run this left-side tire code (D-4396) at Kentucky and this right-side code (D-4444) at Dover earlier this season . . . for the trucks, this is their first time on this left-side code, but also ran this right-side at Dover in May . . . as on all NASCAR ovals greater than one mile in length, teams are required to run inner liners in all four tire positions at Michigan . . . air pressure in those inner liners should be 12-25 psi greater than that of the outer tire.(Goodyear PR)(8-18-2011)[Complete specs are posted on the Michigan Race page.](8-18-2011)
- Martin & Exide sport “old school” paint scheme at MIS: UPDATE image added: Mark Martin is set to make his second NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start of the season as driver of the No. 32 Exide Batteries Chevy Silverado. In his last outing with the team at Pocono Raceway, Martin qualified fifth and brought his No. 32 Chevy home to a seventh-place finish. Earlier this season he made four starts with Turner Motorsports in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, earning the organization its first NASCAR win at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in March. In addition to his win, he captured three top-10 finishes. This weekend at Michigan International Speedway,Martin and Exide Batteries are going back in the day with a special “old school” paint scheme. The Silverado will feature the pink, blue and black colors that were a prominent fixture in NASCAR in the 90s. Martin made his NCWTS debut with Exide, visiting victory lane in his second start with the battery company on board at North Wilkesboro Speedway. He started second, led 29 laps and went on to win the 250-lap event at the historic speedway.(Turner Motorsports PR)(8-16-2011)
UPDATE: Image of the #32-Exide Chevrolet being driven by Mark Martin at Michigan is posted on the #32 NCWTS Paint Schemes page.)(8-18-2011).
- Added a couple of Michigan images: UPDATE one more: Rendering for KHI’s #2TapouT Chevrolet being driven by Kevin Harvick is posted on the #2 NCWTS 2011 Paint Schemes page. Also added RCR’s #22-SKF Chevrolet being driven by Joey Coulter is posted on the #22 NCWTS 2011 Paint Schemes page. Click on the link or to check out all the latest schemes, visit the 2011 NCWTS Paint Schemes page.(8-17-2011)
UPDATE: Turner Motorsports #32-Exide Chevrolet being driven by Mark Martin at Michigan is posted on the #32 NCWTS Paint Schemes page.)(8-18-2011).
- ThorSport honoring special family at MIS: ThorSport Racing will host the family of Sandusky Police Officer Andrew Dunn this weekend at Michigan. Dunn tragically lost his life in the line of duty earlier this year. The Dunn Family will also make a special appearance at the Grand Opening Ceremony of the ThorSport Racing shop, where they will be presented with a donation check from the team. Each truck will also have a special decal honoring Officer Dunn as they race around the 2-mile oval this weekend.(Thorsport Racing PR)(8-17-2011)
- Armstrong testing during off-weeks: It may have been three weeks since ThorSport Racing rookie Dakoda Armstrong has seen NASCAR Camping World Truck Series competition, but the 20-year-old hasn’t had much time off. Following his last showing at Lucas Oil Raceway at the end of July, Armstrong has been busy testing with his No. 98 Ferrellgas/Agrisure/Drive For Savings team, working on setups and communication, as well as some extra-curricular charity work. Crew chief Dan Stillman and his ThorSport Racing crew traveled with chassis No. 32 to Mooresville, North Carolina last week for some time on the seven post and pull down rig. After finishing up there, the team made the trek back to Sandusky for a test on Friday at Sandusky Speedway. Stillman and the No. 98 Ferrellgas/Agrisure/Drive For Savings team will bring chassis No. 32 to Michigan International Speedway this weekend. This particular truck raced earlier this season at Kansas Speedway with Matt Crafton at the controls.(ThorSport Racing PR)(8-17-2011)
- New sponsor for Coulter at MIS: SKF joins the No. 22 team as primary sponsor this weekend. SKF, long time technical partner and major associate sponsor of all eight RCR entries across the Sprint Cup, Camping World Truck and ARCA Racing Series, kicks their involvement into high gear this weekend in Michigan. The No. 22 RCR Chevrolet driven by Joey Coulter in the Camping World Truck Series will transform its traditional red, white and black colors into a blue, white and black SKF racing machine for Saturday’s VFW 200 feature. SKF is a leading global provider of bearing, sealing, power transmission, maintenance, engineering and service solutions to a broad range of industries. Headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, SKF has technology centers in the Netherlands, Italy and the United States.(Richard Childress Racing PR)(8-16-2011)
- Traxxas returns as sponsor for Busch: Traxxas, the leading manufacturer of hobby-class radio-controlledvehicles, returns as the primary sponsor of Kyle Busch’s No. 18 Tundra for the VFW 200 Saturday at Michigan International Speedway, the second of three races the Plano, Texas-based company will sponsor in 2011. Busch, an R/C enthusiast, will be looking to make it a perfect five-for-five in races which Traxxas’ logo adorns the hood of his Tundra. In 2010, the Las Vegas native collected wins behind the wheel of the No. 18 Traxxas Tundra at Chicagoland Speedway, Talladega Superspeedway and Homestead-Miami Speedway and this May he kept perfection intact by winning the Lucas Oil 200 at Dover International Speedway. Kyle Busch has finished first or second in exactly half of his 94 career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) starts. Busch’s runner-up finish last weekend at Pocono Raceway was the 18th of his career to go along with 29 victories.(Kyle Busch Motorsports PR)(8-16-2011)
- Champion onboard with Hornaday for two; image added: UPDATE multi-year partnership with KHI: The No. 33 Chevrolet Silverado and four-time Truck Series champion Ron Hornaday will proudly sport a black and red Champion paint scheme, with their spark plug product featured on the taneau cover this weekend at Michigan. This is the first of a two-race primary partnership with the world leading spark plug manufacturer, also on board the Silverado at Las Vegas on October 15. Hornaday will pilot the No. 33 Champion Chevrolet Silverado for Kevin Harvick Inc. in the VFW 200 this Saturday at the 2-mile D-Shaped oval. In seven previous starts at Michigan, Hornaday has collected one top-five and five top-10 finishes with 15 laps led. Hornaday recorded another career milestone at Pocono Raceway on August 7. With a ninth-place finish, the driver captured his 200th Truck Series top-10 finish. Hornaday is the all-time Truck Series leader in top-10 finishes, surpassing Jack Sprague with 192. The veteran is also on the hunt for his 50th Truck Series victory, currently the all-time winningest driver in the series with 48 wins to his credit.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)[Image of the #33 Champion Chevrolet is posted on the #33 NCWTS Paint Schemes page.](8-15-2011)
UPDATE: Kevin Harvick Inc. and Champion, a Federal-Mogul brand, announced today a multi-year partnership which includes a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver and KHI co-owner Kevin Harvick. Champion, the world leader in manufacturing spark plugs for every kind of combustion engine, will also be the primary sponsor of the No. 33 Chevrolet Silverado driven by four-time NASCAR Camping World Truck Series champion Ron Hornaday at Michigan International Speedway on August 20 and again at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on October 15. Alongside the PSA and two Truck Series events, Harvick will become the Champion spokesperson for Federal-Mogul and the Champion brand as part of the multi-year agreement. Federal-Mogul Corporation is a leading global supplier of powertrain and safety solutions.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)(8-16-2011)
- SATA on board for Paludo’s first trip to MIS: Red Horse Racing would like to welcome SATA to the family of featured brands on the No. 7 Stemco/Duroline Toyota Tundra. SATA hand tool program is one of the leading hand tool brands owned by APEX Tool Group. APEX Tool Group has chosen to feature the SATA brand on the No. 7 truck due to their connection to the Brazilian market place. SATA offers a myriad of ratchets, wrenches, sockets, torque tools and other various needs the industrial, commercial or do-it-yourself customer might need. This weekend Miguel Paludo will tackle the 2.0-mile Michigan International Speedway for the first time.(Red Horse Racing PR)(8-16-2011)
- Harvick in the #2; TapouT debuts as sponsor: Kevin Harvick Inc.co-owner Kevin Harvick will be back behind the wheel of the No. 2 TapouT Chevrolet Silverado this Saturday as the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series heads to Michigan International Speedway. The VFW 200 will be Harvick’s fourth Truck Series start this season and his fourth-career start in the series at the two-mile track. The veteran driver has earned one top-five and two top-10 finishes at the Brooklyn, Mich. facility in the Truck Series. The Authentic Brands Group Company, TapouT, will be back on track with KHI this weekend after their Nationwide Series partnership at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in March and at Daytona International Speedway in July. The August 20 race in Michigan will be a Truck Series debut for TapouT.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)(8-15-2011)
- ThorSport Grand Opening; U-Coat-It adorns #13 at MIS:Returning to the Irish Hills of Michigan, Johnny Sauter makes his appearance once again in the top two of the driver points in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. This time, he comes with not only an aggressive driving style on the intermediate tracks, but some help in the horsepower department. With the switch to ECR engines in 2011, it has helped finishes for the 13 team at all tracks. Sauter has made one appearance at Michigan in the NCWTS in 2010; however, it will be his tenth overall appearance at the track in NASCAR. Sauter goes to Sandusky on Monday for the grand opening of the new 100,000 square foot ThorSport Racing shop with wife Cortney for two full days of festivities. In honor of the 40,000 square feet of premium epoxy floors from U Coat It, they will don the hood of the No. 13 truck for the Michigan weekend.(ThorSport Racing PR.)[More information on the Grand Opening is posted on the Jayski Appearances page.](8-15-2011)
- Buescher to sport Exide colors at Michigan: James Buescher and the No.31 Turner Motorsports Chevrolet team will sport the blue and black colors of Exide Batteries on Saturday afternoon in the Irish Hills. This will be the Georgia-based company’s fifth race as the primary partner on the No. 31 machine. Buescher has been a roll since late April. In the last 10 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races, Buescher has picked up 17 spots in the championship point standings and has an average finishing position of 5.8. He and the No. 31 Turner Motorsports Chevrolet team have accumulated five top-five and 10 top-10 results in addition to a pole position during this stretch. Buescher now sits 14 points out of the championship lead with 11 races left on the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series schedule.(Turner Motorsports PR)(8-15-2011)
- 2nd MIS start for Piquet: Nelson Piquet Jr. and the No. 8 team head to Michigan International Speedway this weekend for the rookie driver’s second appearance at the two-mile track. Piquet Jr. started the race from the 14th position and earned a top-10 finish during his first Truck Series start at the Brooklyn, Mich. facility last June. The No. 8 crew will utilize chassis No. 049 this weekend at Michigan. This chassis has been used in competition twice thus far this season, at Martinsville Speedway in April and most recently at Nashville Superspeedway when Piquet Jr. drove the entry to a fourth-place finish in July. Piquet will be in the No. 8 Autotrac/Qualcomm Chevrolet Silverado at Michigan.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)(8-15-2011)
- NASCAR changes rule for gasman: The following rule change is effective August 11, 2011 for all three NASCAR national series:
9-15 Pit Procedures During Race –
M. The fuel handler must be in control of the fuel can at all times when fuel is being added to the car. The fuel handler will not be permitted to perform any adjustments or other pit stop procedures while the fuel can coupler is engaged with the car-mounted adapter.
“In an ongoing effort to keep pit road safer, we have made this adjustment to the duties of the fuel handler. If the fueler’s only responsibility is to fuel the car, he will do a better job and make fewer mistakes on pit road.” – NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Director John Darby.(NASCAR)(8-14-2011)
- 7-Year-Old “Riding Shotgun” with KBM at Michigan: Kyle Busch Motorsports is pleased to announce that 7-year-old Brady Reuter from Hudson, Mich. has been selected as the winner of the “Riding Shotgun with Kyle Busch Motorsports” essay contest for Michigan International Speedway. Reuter’s name and picture will adorn the area above the passenger side window of Kyle Busch’s No. 18 Traxxas Tundra for the VFW 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race Saturday, Aug. 20 and he will have the opportunity to attend the race with three guests compliments of Michigan International Speedway.(Kyle Busch Motorsports PR)(8-12-2011)
- Pocono images added: Added 24 images from the Good Sam RV Emergency Road Service race at Pocono Raceway. Check them out via the 2011 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Paint Schemes page.(8-10-2011)
- Agnew slated to make series debut at Bristol: Jeff Agnew has circled Motor Mile Speedway countless times in race cars. But when the Copper Hill, Va., native took to his home track on Tuesday, it was for the first time in the cockpit of a race truck. Three days removed from his first USAR Pro Cup Series win at the Radford, Va., racetrack, Agnew and Team 7 Motorsports returned for a test session in preparation for another milestone: A NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut. Agnew is tentatively slated to make his first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start in the O’Reilly Auto Parts 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway on August 24. The opportunity came to fruition earlier this year, when Team 7 Motorsports owner Eddie Asbury acquired a pair of race trucks from the ThorSport Racing stable, with engines from Earnhardt-Childress Racing. The two-truck fleet is operating out of the same Bluefield, WV, race shop that harbors the team’s USAR Pro Cup Series effort. While the team plans to complete the remainder of the dates on the USAR Pro Cup Series schedule, the 2011 calendar has accumulated at least one additional race. Agnew stresses that the team’s NCWTS 2011-2012 plans are indefinite, however. “I don’t think since we’ve been together that we’ve ever had a plan. It’s always been ‘let’s go race.’ We’ve been racing since 1998 together, and I’m sure this won’t be any different,” says Agnew. “We’ll see how [Bristol] goes, and then we’ll go from there.”(Motor Mile Speedway PR)(8-9-2011)
- NASCAR penalizes #13 team: The No. 13 team that competes in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series was penalized Tuesday as a result of rules violations committed this past weekend. The No. 13 truck was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-J (any determination by NASCAR Officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20B-12.8.1D (truck failed to meet maximum right rear bed panel height) of the 2011 NASCAR rule book. As a result, crew chief Joel Shear has been fined $5,000 while driver Johnny Sauter and owner Mike Curb have been penalized with the loss of six championship driver and owner points, respectively. The violation was discovered during post-race inspection Aug. 7 at Pocono Raceway. [As a result of NASCAR penalizing the #13 team six driver points respectively, #3-Austin Dillon moves to the top of the point standings, with Sauter moving to second. Just one point separates the two.](NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications)(8-9-2011)
- Armstrong spends week helping to support JDRF: Amid testing and preparation for the Grand Opening at the new ThorSport Racing facility, Armstrong will also be doing his part to support The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), an organization that has always been close to his heart. Armstrong’s four-year-old cousin, Jayden, is among over 215,000 children and adolescents in the United States diagnosed with juvenile diabetes. “It is not cool to have diabetes,” said Jayden. Armstrong and one of his NCWTS sponsors, Drive For Savings, have chosen to give back to an organization that works so hard to find a cure for so many children like Jayden. On Monday, August 8, Armstrong made an appearance at the Drive For Savings display inside the Mooreland Fair, signing autographs for fans and raising awareness for JDRF. Drive For Savings will be at the fair near Armstrong’s hometown of New Castle, Indiana, all week, promoting their discount cards for sale. Every purchase of a Drive For Savings card either online or at the fair through August 14th will go towards helping fund research to cure Juvenile Diabetes through JDRF and to support Armstrong’s other favorite foundation, the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation (UMDF). “This disease has to stop and we need to find a cure,” Dakoda explained. “Drive For Savings is doing a great thing by donating funds from the sales of the Drive For Savings cards now through August 14th to JDRF and UMDF. I’m proud to have them as a sponsor and I’ll do whatever I can to help.”(ThorSport Racing PR)(8-9-2011)
- Racing Resources — Monday Rundown:
*Kevin Harvick won the Good Sam RV Emergency Road Service 125 at Pocono Raceway.
*Harvick posted his 10th career Trucks win in his 110th race. He last won at Gateway in July 2010, four starts before this past weekend.
*Harvick won from the pole, becoming the 10th different winner in 2011. He led twice for 44 laps.
*Harvick has finished in the top five in all three starts this season.
*Kevin Harvick Inc. posted its 36th career win, tying Ultra Motorsports for second all time.
*Chevrolet posted its sixth win of 2011; Toyota has won the other eight races.
*Kyle Busch (second) finished in the top two in seven of his nine starts this year.
*James Buescher (third) has top-10 finishes in the past 10 races.
*Johnny Sauter (fourth) had his sixth top-5 finish this season.
*Austin Dillon (fifth) had his eighth top-10 finish this season
. *Joey Coulter (sixth) has finished in the top 10 in eight of the past nine races.
*Mark Martin (seventh) had his first Truck start since Atlanta in October 2007.
*James Hylton (30th), the 1966 Cup rookie of the year, made his Truck series debut.(ESPN.com)(8-8-2011)
- Mobile interested in truck race: UPDATE more info: With NASCAR losing two truck venues in 2012, NCWTS Driver and Manager/Promoter of Mobile International Speedway Rick Crawford was asked on the “Inside Alabama Racing” radio program [broadcast in Mobile, AL] if he would be interested in holding a NCWTS race at Mobile: “Absolutely, there’s nothing I would like more than to have the Trucks at my home track.”(Inside Alabama Racing PR)(8-5-2011)
UPDATE: When Nashville Superspeedway informed NASCAR this week that it would no longer host any NASCAR Nationwide or Truck Series races it blew a big hole in the 2012 NASCAR schedule. Rick Crawford, who took over operations at Mobile International Speedway this year, is hoping to step in to fill one of those slots by bringing the Truck Series to South Alabama. Crawford said he’d likely have to make some improvements to the track, including possibly doubling its seating capacity. Mobile seats about 9,000 in the grandstands and can hold more in the infield. Crawford, who plans to compete at Talladega in October, would like to see the series return to its short-track roots. “That’s back where it all began,” he said. “I think it would be a plus for everybody.” One Alabama track that isn’t likely to add a Nationwide or Truck Series race is Talladega Superspeedway. Talladega already has Nationwide and ARCA races scheduled for its April weekend and trucks for the fall races. “At this time there are no plans to add any races next year,” said Talladega Chairman Grant Lynch. “The spring weekend is full with ARCA, Nationwide and Cup. The fall weekend typically draws a smaller crowd because of college football and the economics wouldn’t support bringing in another race. Another track that could possibly host a Nationwide or Truck Series race is the newly repaved and renovated Montgomery Motor Speedway. But race director Ivo Estes said the track’s owners are not interested in bringing in NASCAR.(AL.com)(8-7-2011)
- Sauter fails postrace inspection; penalty likely: Johnny Sauter’s No. 13 Chevrolet failed the height-stick test in postrace inspection, with the right rear of the truck exceeding the maximum height allowed. NASCAR officials said a penalty likely will be announced Tuesday, one that could cost Sauter the top position in the standings.(SportingNews.com)(8-7-2011)
- Indianapolis images: Added a handful of images from Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis: #33-Ron Hornaday Jr, Vlasic/Armour Chevrolet; #2-Elliott Sadler, Hunt Brothers Pizza Chevrolet; #00-Brad Queen, Live Oak Real Estate Chevrolet, #18-Josh Richards, Joy Mining Machinery Toyota; #66-Ross Chastain, National Watermelon Promotion Board Chevrolet. Check them out via the 2011 NCWTS Paint Schemes page.(8-4-2011)
- Sellers makes return to trucks at Pocono: Peyton Sellers will be returning to the driver’s seat in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series this weekend, piloting the No. 66 SkillsUSA Chevrolet for Turn One Racing in Saturday afternoon’s Good Sam RV Emergency Road Service 125 at Pocono Raceway. The truck will be carrying the SkillsUSA logo to help increase awareness of the organization and their mission. Bosch will also be on the truck this weekend; they are a partner of both SkillsUSA and Sellers. This will be the first time racing at Pocono Raceway for Sellers, a track that he has always wanted to compete on. Although this is his first time at the 2.5-mile of Pocono Raceway, it is not the first time Sellers has teamed up with Turn One Racing. Sellers raced the No. 64 SkillsUSA Chevrolet for Turn One Racing last Fall at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.(Turn One Racing PR)(8-4-2011)
- FDNY heads to Pocono with Wes Burton; same message: FDNY Racing is heading to Pocono for this weekend’s Good Sam RV Emergency Road Service 125 with driver Wes Burton. They have a new paint scheme and graphic design to commemorate next month’s 10th anniversary of 911. Article on FDNY Racing with background and the message team conveys is posted on Catchfence.com.(8-4-2011).
- Sadler teams up with VA Lottery at Martinsville; image added: Elliott Sadler recently announced he will pilot the #24 Virginia Lottery Chevrolet for Joe Denette Motorsports in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event at Martinsville Speedway on October, 29. Sadler revealed the paint scheme on NASCAR Race Hub which aired on SPEED Monday night. The Virginia Lottery is running a unique promotion for NASCAR fans from now until Septemeber 30, 2011 and all you have to do is “like” them on Facebook.(Joe Denette Motorsports PR) [Complete details are posted on the Jayski Contest page.][Rendering of the #24 VA Lottery Chevrolet is posted on the #24 NCWTS Paint Schemes page.](8-30-2011)
- NASCAR penalizes #23 Crew Chief: UPDATE statement from Kendrick: Chad Kendrick crew chief for the No. 23 team in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, has been penalized for rule violations committed last week at Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis. Kendrick violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-J (any determination by NASCAR officials that the race equipment used in the event does not confirm to NASCAR rules); 20B-16.3F (fuel container installation; unapproved fuel cell top rack location – top rack was not secure to the top of the fuel cell container); 12-4-K (if, in the judgment of NASCAR officials, race equipment that has been previously certified or previously approved and/or sealed by NASCAR for use in an event); and 20B-16.2B (unapproved modification to the certified fuel cell container; container exceeded outside dimensions) of the 2011 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Rule Book. As a result, Kendrick has been fined $2,500 and suspended from NASCAR until Sept. 7 (the period covers the next four NASCAR Camping World Truck Series events) and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31. The infractions were discovered during opening-day inspection on July 29.(NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications)(8-3-2011)
UPDATE: NASCAR announced penalties today for the No. 23 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team of Joe Denette Motorsports and driver Jason White. The penalties levied against the team are a result of alleged rule infractions on a fuel cell discovered during opening-day inspection at Lucas Oil Raceway on July 29. The team has elected to appeal the penalty. Crew chief Chad Kendrick has issued the following statement: “I respect NASCAR for keeping a level playing field for all competitors. However, I don’t feel like the fuel cell in question was an illegal part. My history in this sport should indicate that there was no intent to deceive NASCAR’s rulebook. I feel that the penalty handed down by NASCAR was extensive for this particular violation and hope that the appeal board will consider our case due to the evidence we have to present.” While the commission reviews this case, Kendrick will remain the crew chief for the No. 23 entry in this weekend’s Good Sam RV Emergency Road Services 125 at Pocono Raceway.(Joe Denette Motorsports PR)(8-3-2011)
- Dover Motorsports declines 2012 NASCAR sanctions for Nashville: Dover Motorsports, Inc. announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, Nashville Superspeedway, has notified NASCAR that it will not seek any 2012 race sanctions. Nashville has a few events left on the schedule for the remainder of 2011 that will not be impacted by today’s announcement. Denis McGlynn, President & CEO of Dover Motorsports, stated, “We deeply appreciate all the hard work that our employees have put into making Nashville Superspeedway such a remarkable facility, and Cliff Hawks will remain to assist us with transition issues. We have also had years of unrelenting support from state, county and local officials and from the racing community – from racing fans and drivers to sponsors, team owners and various sanctioning bodies. We are, however, at a juncture where we must evaluate all of our options for this track, including its possible sale.” Nashville Superspeedway first opened in 2001 and is situated on almost 1,400 acres of owned land just outside of Nashville, Tennessee on Route 840 (connecting Interstate 40 with Interstate 24). The 1.33 mile concrete superspeedway has 25,000 permanent grandstand seats, lights for nighttime racing, foundation work for a dirt track, short track and drag strip and infrastructure in place to expand to 150,000 seats.(Dover Motorsports PR)(8-3-2011)
- Martin to Turner Motorsports #32 for Pocono: UPDATE Martin & Exide reunite:NASCAR legend and 40-time Sprint Cup Series winner Mark Martin will take over the driving chores of Turner Motorsports’ No. 32 Chevy this weekend where Exide Batteries will serve as the primary sponsor. Martin has 23 NCWTS starts to his credit, dating back to 1996, and boasts three poles, seven wins, 16 top-five and 19 top-10 finishes. Martin will also pilot the No. 32 entry, in two weeks, at the division’s next stop at Michigan International Speedway.(Turner Motorsports PR)(8-2-2011)
UPDATE:For the first time in 15 years, Martin and Exide Batteries will reunite in the NCWTS. Martin made his NCWTS debut with Exide, visiting victory lane in his second start with the battery company on board at North Wilkesboro Speedway on September 26th, 1996. Martin started second, led 29 laps and went on to win the 250-lap event at the historic speedway. Martin has logged 23 NCWTS career starts, earning 3 poles, seven wins, 16 top-five and 19 top-10 finishes. He has led 830 laps, an average start of 7.2 and an average finish of 7.1. The No. 32 Exide Batteries Chevrolet Silverado team will unload chassis TMS-204 for Saturday afternoon’s 250-mile event. This is a brand new chassis for the No. 32 team.(Turner Motorsports PR)(8-3-2011)
- Double-duty for White; making Cup debut at Pocono: In addition to his full-time Camping World Truck Series role driving the No. 23 GunBroker.com Chevrolet for Joe Denette Motorsports in the Good Sam RV Emergency Road Service 125, Jason White, will make his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) debut in Sunday’s Good Sam RV Insurance 500 at Pocono Raceway. The Richmond, Virginia native will pilot the No. 32 GunBroker.com Ford Fusion for FAS Lane Racing. White along with the NCWTS made their debut at the 2.5-mile “Tricky Triangle” in 2010. Starting 16th, the series veteran completed 100 percent of the 55 lap race en route to a 10th-place finish.(Joe Denette Motorsports PR)(8-3-2011)
- Whitt making first trip to Pocono: Rookie Cole Whitt will make his first start at Pocono Raceway on Saturday afternoon driving the #60-Fuel Doctor/Red Bull Chevrolet for Turn One Racing. Stats at just passed the halway point of the season; Starts: 13; Poles: 1; Wins: 0; Top fives: 2; Top 10s: 7; Average start: 11.5; Average finish: 11.8; Laps completed: 2,057 of 2,171 (94.7 percent); Laps led: 67; DNFs (1); Fastest laps: 83; Laps in top 15: 1,690 (77.8 percent); Laps on lead lap: 1,879 (86.6 percent). In the Driver Point Standings, Whitt ranks fifth — 29 points behind leader Johnny Sauter with 12 races remaining.(Red Bull/Turn One Racing PR)(8-3-2011)
- Goodyear Tire Notes – Pocono: Teams in both NASCAR series in action at Pocono this weekend will run the same tire codes, though the Sprint Cup tires will be branded “Goodyear Eagle,” while the Camping World Truck tires will be branded “Goodyear Wrangler” . . . teams in these two series should be very familiar with this tire set-up . . . this is the same combination of left- and right-side tires that Sprint Cup teams have run at Pocono since the beginning of 2009, making this their sixth consecutive race on this tire at this track . . . this is also the same tire set-up Camping World Truck teams ran in their inaugural race at Pocono last season . . . as on all NASCAR tracks that are greater than one mile in length and are not road courses, teams are required to run inner liners in all four tire positions at Pocono . . . air pressure in those inner liners should be 12-25 psi greater than that of the outer tire.(Goodyear PR)[Complete tire specs are posted on the Pocono Race page.](8-3-2011)
- Double duty for Hylton at Pocono: James Hylton will make his Camping World Truck Series debut this weekend. James will drive the #75 for Norm Benning during Friday’s Good Sam RV Emergency Road Service 125. Hylton has been an owner in the Camping World Truck series, but has never competed in an event until this weekend. James will be doing “double duty” racing his familiar #48 Radon.com Ford in the ARCA race later that day.(James Hylton PR)(8-3-2011)
- ThorSport’s Pocono race one for the record book: Saturday is a red letter day for ThorSport Racing. When the green flag falls at Pocono Raceway, the Ohio-based team will start its record 354th NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race. Duke and Rhonda Thorson’s Sandusky, Ohio-based organization matched Roush Fenway Racing’s series record last weekend in Indianapolis. Roush Fenway, no longer active in the series, ran its first race in 1995 and made its most recent appearance at Homestead-Miami Speedway in 2009. ThorSport entered the series in 1996 with Terry Cook. ThorSport’s longest-standing driver, Matt Crafton, has competed in 235 races for the team beginning in 2000. His teammate and series points leader Sauter came aboard in 2009. More than 20 different drivers have carried the ThorSport colors including newcomer Dakoda Armstrong, who made his debut last month in Iowa. Cook, Crafton and Sauter share the team’s six victories, two of which came this year at Martinsville and Iowa. Crafton holds the team’s best championship finish–second in 2009.(NASCAR PR)([For more prerace News & Notes, see the Pocono Race page.](8-2-2011)
- Austin Dillon — Pocono Fast Facts:
*Austin Dillon will pilot chassis No. 007 from the Richard Childress Racing NCWTS stable this weekend at Pocono Raceway.
*Through the season’s first 13 races, Dillon’s average running position of 7.143 leads all NCWTS drivers in that category.
*Dillon also has the series’ highest driver rating (106.4), the highest average starting position (3.6), highest percentage of laps led among championship contending drivers (14.1 percent), and has completed the highest percentage of laps on the lead lap (95.03 percent).
*Dillon sits second in the NCWTS driver point standings, just four markers shy of Johnny Sauter’s lead.(Richard Childress Racing PR)(8-2-2011)
- Carmichael to visit Motocross Championship at Loretta Lynn’s ranch: Prior to the race at Pocono, Ricky Carmichael will spend two days this week at the AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship at Loretta Lynn’s Ranch in Hurricane Mills, Tenn. Riders compete nationwide from March through June in the various Area Qualifiers and Regional Championships to determine the final rider roster for the National. Carmichael will be on hand to make appearances, sign autographs and represent sponsors Monster Energy, Oakley, Fox, DC Shoes and Suzuki. Turner Motorsports and Monster Energy are pleased to feature Weis Markets on the lower-rear quarter panels of the No. 4 Monster Energy Silverado this Saturday in Pocono. Weis Markets is a grocery store chain with stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, New Jersey and West Virginia. Weis Markets employs more than 18,000 associates in its stores, distribution center, corporate office and manufacturing facilities.(Turner Motorsports PR)(8-2-2011
- Coulter to run RCR Graphics scheme at Pocono: Joey Coulter will pilot chassis No. 018 from the Richard Childress Racing NCWTS stable this weekend at Pocono Raceway. This chassis was built in-house by the RCR team this season and made its first appearance of 11 at Kentucky Speedway in July, where Coulter started sixth and finished seventh. The RCR Graphics Center is an in-house full service design and production facility on the RCR campus. A partnership in November 2010 established Roland DGA as the exclusive printer manufacturer for the RCR Graphics Center. Coulter has four previous starts at Pocono, all coming in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards, posting his best finish of fourth at the track in June 2009. His best start of seventh came in July 2009. On his way to Pocono, Coulter will make a stop in Washington, D.C. to attend the seventh annual NASCAR Tribute to the Soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center on August 4, 2011. Several NASCAR drivers plan to attend the event, designed to pay tribute to soldiers.(Richard Childress Racing PR)(8-2-2011)
- KBM bringing top tundra to Pocono; new sponsor onboard: UPDATE image added: Kyle Busch Motorsports s bringing its top Tundra to the “Tricky Triangle” for Saturday’s Good Sam Emergency Road Service 125. Chassis KBM-4 has been to victory lane seven times in ten starts, including six times in eight starts with Kyle Busch behind the wheel. Kasey Kahne drove the same chassis to a runner-up finish in last year’s inaugural NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) event at the 2.5-mile tri-oval and this year Kahne became first driver other than Busch to win a race for KBM when he drove the Tundra to a victory at Darlington Raceway. CocoaVia, cocoa extract dietary supplements made by Mars Botanical, will be the primary sponsor on Busch’s Tundra for Saturday’s 50-lap race. Located just 30 miles from Pocono Raceway, Toyota of Scranton — one of Pennsylvania’s newest Toyota showrooms — returns as an associate sponsor of the No. 18 at their hometown track.(Kyle Busch Motorsports PR)(8-2-2011)
UPDATE: Rendering of the #18-CocoaVia Toyota being driven by Kyle Busch at Pocono is posted on the #18 NCWTS Paint Schemes page.(8-2-2011)
- #13 team hosts “NASCAR U Crew” this weekend: The No. 13 team hosts two brand ambassadors from colleges and universities around Pennsylvania this weekend. The 13 “NASCAR U Crew” will have experience behind-the-scenes as honorary crew members and hospitality. Returning to Pocono Raceway’s “Tricky Triangle,” Johnny Sauter makes his appearance once again at the top of the driver points in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. It is the eighth week out of thirteen that the veteran driver has led the points, as well as the sixth week in a row. Sauter has only made one appearance in NCWTS at Pocono- starting 12th and finishing 14th in 2010. He hopes to improve on the last finish with a dominant chassis – 38 – which delivered a podium 2nd-place finish at Nashville in July.(ThorSport Racing PR)(8-2-2011)
- Harvick in #2 at Pocono with Ollie’s sponsorship: Kevin Harvick will return to the driver’s seat of the No. 2 Ollie’s Bargain Outlet Chevrolet Silverado Saturday afternoon for the Good Sam RV Emergency Road Service 125 at Pocono Raceway. The 50-lap race will be Harvick’s first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at the 2.5-mile track, but he is no stranger to “The Tricky Triangle.” The driver has 21 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts at the Long Pond, Pa. track and has earned five top-five and eight top-10 finishes.The event will serve as Harvick’s third of seven Truck Series races this season. The No. 2 KHI Chevrolet Silverado will don the Ollie’s Bargain Outlet brilliant yellow paint scheme for the second race of the season this weekend at Pocono Raceway. Based out of Harrisburg, Pa., Ollie’s Bargain Outlet features unbeatable bargains and is a fun place for customers to shop. “Good Stuff Cheap” is not just their slogan, but their mission. Ollie’s Bargain Outlet made their season debut with KHI back in May during the Truck Series race at Charlotte Motor Speedway with Clint Bowyer behind the wheel of the No. 2 KHI entry.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)(8-1-2011)
- Utz Snacks returns as Hornaday sponsor: Ron Hornaday may be a four-time champion in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, but he will head to Pocono Raceway this weekend for only his second-career start in the series at the Long Pond, Pa. track. The veteran driver will pilot the No. 33 Utz Snacks Chevrolet Silverado at the 2.5-mile track with hopes to surpass his 2010 finish. The No. 33 Chevrolet Silverado will feature the red, white and blue paint scheme of Utz Quality Foods. The Pennsylvania-based company made their debut on the No. 33 Chevrolet in May at Dover International Speedway and returned with the team at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The team scored a ninth-place finish and a fifth-place finish respectively.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)(8-1-2011)
- Post-Race Rundown – Racing Resources:
*Timothy Peters won the AAA Insurance 200 at Lucas Oil Raceway. It was his third career win in his 106th series race. His previous win came at Daytona in 2010, 36 starts between. It was his first win at LOR in his fifth start.
*Peters became the ninth different winner in 2011.
*Peters spun on Lap 89 — he was 24th after spinning. He led once for the final six laps.
*Red Horse Racing posted its fifth overall win in the series. It was RHR’s first victory in 2011 and first win at LOR.
*Toyota posted its eighth win of 2011 and second victory at LOR.
*James Buescher (second) matched his career-best finish for the third time — he led a race-high 97 laps.
*David Starr (third) had his first top-5 finish since Talladega in 2009.
*Miguel Paludo (fourth) matched his career-best finish set at Daytona in February 2011.
*Ron Hornaday (fifth) posted his seventh top-5 finish of 2011.
*Johnny Sauter finished 23rd and now leads the standings by only four points over Austin Dillon, who finished ninth.
*Ross Chastain (10th), Ricky Moxley (30th) and Brad McQueen (34th) made their series debuts.(ESPN.com)(8-1-2011)
Camping World Truck Series News & Rumors Archives
[Listed by Month]
the Jayski site is housed at:
Born On Date: January 1, 2011
This page designed by Jayski LLC, 1996-2016©. All Rights Reserved.
Jayski’s® is a registered trademark of Jayski, LLC
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form without permission or credit.