NASCAR Camping World Truck Series News & Rumors Archives
- Musgrave working toward full-time, fully-funded, multi-year deal: Former NASCAR Camping World Truck Series champion Ted Musgrave told Sirius NASCAR Radio’s Sirius Speedway with Dave Moody today that he will not race in the Truck series’ second event of 2010 at Atlanta Motor Speedway next week, and could also miss the next two races at Martinsville and Nashville. However, he said paperwork and legalities are currently being finalized to put him back on the circuit in the near future. “It will be full time, multi-year and fully funded, and we’re hopeful that it will all come together within the next six weeks,” said Musgrave. “It has taken a lot of people and a lot of hard work, but it is coming together really well.” The new deal will likely put Musgrave in a Billy Ballew Motorsports Toyota Tundra for the balance of the 2010 season and beyond, though those negotiations also have not been finalized.(Sirius-Speedway.com)(2-26-2010)
- Steve Wallace to make series debut at Atlanta: Rusty Wallace Racing’s Steve Wallace and officials of Billy Ballew Motorsports announced today that Wallace will make his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut behind the wheel of BBM’s #15 Toyota Tundra in the March 6 Atlanta 200 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Wallace’s #15 Tundra will feature primary sponsorship from traditional BBM partner, Red Top Auto Auctions. The venerable Kevin “Cowboy” Starland will serve as crew chief for Wallace in the event. Wallace currently drives RWR’s #66 5-Hour Energy Toyota Camry in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. He is riding a streak of four consecutive top-ten finishes in the Nationwide Series heading into his 125th career series start this weekend in Las Vegas. (Rusty Wallace Racing PR) [Past news on Steve Wallace & Billy Ballew Motorsports is posted on the January News Archives Page.](2-26-2010)
- Changes at KHI? Fuge out: UPDATE 2 George named as crew chief for Hornaday: Hearing that some changes have already been made at Kevin Harvick Inc. and that Dave Fuge was released as crew chief from champion Ron Hornaday’s #33 team and Kevin Harvick Inc. after only one race in the season.(Jayski.com)(2-16-2010)
UPDATE: A representative from Kevin Harvick Inc. has confirmed that Dave Fuge has been released from KHI. No word on replacement crew chief for Ron Hornaday Jr. and the #33 truck yet.(2-17-2010)
UPDATE 2 Doug George named crew chief for Hornaday: Kevin Harvick Inc. announced today that Doug George has been appointed crew chief of the #33 Longhorn Chevrolet Silverado driven by four-time Truck Series champion Ron Hornaday. George, who made the move to KHI in the off season, began 2010 as crew chief of the organization’s #2 Truck Series team with Cup Series veterans Elliott Sadler and Kevin Harvick splitting time behind the wheel.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)(2-25-2010)
- Piquet’s next race unclear; still looking to run full season: During an interview on SPEEDtv’s Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain, Nelson Piquet Jr. stated that although he would love to run the full Camping World Truck Series season, as of right now he’s operating on a race-by-race basis. To-date nothing has been finalized for the next race or season. Piquet said he’s still working on putting a package together and that he’s not tied to anybody or anything, and right now he’s seeing where the best opportunities are to go too. He would like to run Atlanta; as of right now he’s not sure if he will be there.(SPEEDtv.com)(2-24-2010)
- Veterans say 2010 to be most competitive season yet: Matt Crafton (#88 Menards Chevrolet) left Daytona International Speedway literally salivating in delight over his fifth-place finish in the 2010 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season opener. “It fits perfectly with what we want to accomplish this year,” said Crafton, who finished runner-up to Ron Hornaday Jr. (#33 Longhorn Chevrolet) in last year’s point standings. “We went down there with a plan this year to be really smart and stay out of any situation that would put us out of the race early. “We did that and we ended up with the best finish we’ve ever had down there.” Crafton heads for Atlanta ahead of longtime nemesis Hornaday but that fact doesn’t guarantee the Tulare, Calif., competitor’s upgrade to his first NASCAR national series title. Crafton and other series veterans are convinced the competition level has reached unprecedented heights in 2010.(NASCAR PR) [Read more NASCAR News & Notes on the Atlanta Race Page.](2-22-2010)
- Eggleston to SS Green Light: SS Green Light Racing is pleased to announce that Erie, Colorado’s Chris Eggleston will pilot the team’s #21 truck in a minimum of three races in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series beginning in the Kroger 250 at Martinsville Speedway on March 27th. The 20 year-old honors student attending Colorado State University began his racing career at age five racing quarter midgets. Since 2007 Eggleston has been behind the wheel of a late model, having success nearly everywhere he has traveled. In 2009, he finished fourth in the very competitive ASA Challenge Series points and after scoring seven top-fives and two victories in ten races, Chris was crowned the ASA Late Models North Division Champion. Following his debut at Martinsville, plans are for Eggleston to run at the concrete mile and a quarter at Nashville and then race close to his Colorado home at Kansas Speedway pending NASCAR approvals.(SS Green Light Racing PR)(2-19-2010)
- Daytona images added: Added 38 images following the NextEra Energy Resources 250 Daytona Int’l Speedway including race winner #17-Timothy Peters, #30-Todd Bodine, #46-Dennis Setzer, #23-Jason White, #88-Matt Crafton. Check them all out on the 2010 Paint Scheme Page.(2-17-2010)
- Bainey joins Hillenburg’s Fast Track team; first up Atlanta: Tim Bainey Jr. will be back in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series this year, making his season debut for Andy Hillenburg’s Fast Track Racing Team in the “Atlanta 200” March 6th at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Tim Jr. will pilot the #48 Truck for the Atlanta Event and share seat time throughout the season with Veteran NASCAR Drivers Chad McCumbee, Hermie Sadler, and Bryan Silas throughout the season. It’s a relationship that’s grown to be more widely recognized than Spaghetti and Meatballs to NASCAR Fans throughout the Northeast over the last few years -Tim Bainey Jr. and the DelGrosso Family! The #48 DelGrosso NASCAR Truck Series program will involve much more than just racing events, as the Tim Jr. has also announced the “2010 Tim Bainey Jr. NASCAR Fan Tour” – which will travel throughout Pennsylvania hitting a number of stops along the way from appearances at retail outlets, to charity fundraisers and telethons, major sporting events, music concerts, and more! Full information on the “2010 Tim Bainey Jr. NASCAR Fan Tour” will be released in the upcoming weeks.(Tim Bainey Jr. PR)(2-17-2010)
- Rheem returns to KHI; associate sponsor for Hornaday: Rheem Manufacturing returns to Kevin Harvick Inc. for their third season as a primary sponsor of the #33 KHI Chevrolet. In addition to the primary sponsorship, Rheem also serves as an associate sponsor for the entire season on both the #33 Nationwide Series car and on KHI’s #33 2009 Truck Series championship team with Ron Hornaday.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)(2-15-2010)
- Monday Rundown – Racing Resources:
*Timothy Peters won the NextEra Energy Resources 250 At Daytona International Speedway. It was his second win in his 69th start. Peters led twice for five laps.
*Peters has scored 12 top-10 finishes, including two wins, in the past 18 races since joining Red Horse Racing.
*Red Horse Racing posted its fourth series win, the first win at Daytona.
*Toyota posted its fourth win at Daytona. Chevrolet has yet to win at Daytona in 11 series races.
*First-time pole-winner Jason White finished fourth.
*Todd Bodine (second) came within feet of winning his third consecutive race at Daytona.
*It was the third last-lap pass at Daytona (2005 and 2007).BR> *Bodine led the most laps (32). It was the fourth time the leader of the most laps failed to win at Daytona.
*Brett Butler finished 11th, the highest finisher of the five rookie of the year contenders in the race.
*Nelson Piquet Jr. (sixth) and Justin Lofton (18th) made their series debut.
*Twenty-one trucks were involved in accidents, including favorites Kyle Busch, Ron Hornaday Jr. and Elliott Salder.
*Carlos Contreras led Lap 77; no race winner has led Lap 77. Lap 77 is the only lap an eventual race winner has yet to lead.
- Congrats to Donny Lia: Congratulations go out to Donny Lia and his fiancé Nancy on the birth of their son, Dominick Anthony, weighing 7 lbs. 12 oz., born Friday, February 12, 2010.(2-13-2010)
- #57 crew member suspended due to violation of NASCAR Substance Abuse Policy: William Wheeler, a crew member for the No. 57 team in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, has been indefinitely suspended from NASCAR for violating the sanctioning body’s substance abuse policy. Wheeler violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 19 (violation of the NASCAR substance abuse policy) of the 2010 NASCAR rule book.(NASCAR PR)(2-11-2010)
- NASCAR revises Green-White-Checkered Race Procedure: The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) today announced a revision to one of its race procedures, allowing a maximum of three restart attempts prior to the White Flag under NASCAR’s Green-White-Checkered flag finish. If the leader has taken the White Flag and the caution flag is displayed, the field is frozen and the race will not be restarted. Previously, there was only one restart attempt. The new procedure will be implemented beginning with today’s running of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series’ Gatorade Duel at Daytona and will apply to all three national series. NASCAR officials met with drivers and teams Wednesday at Daytona International Speedway to discuss the change and get their input. The announcement was made during the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series’ drivers and crew chiefs meeting Thursday morning. “We want to do all we can to finish our races under green flag conditions – the fans want to see that and so do the competitors,” said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition. “We felt that putting a cap at three attempts to finish the race under green is the way to go. It gives the fans what they want and it also gives the teams a better opportunity to prepare for their end of race strategy.”(NASCAR PR)(2-11-2010)
- Rick Ware Racing plans two full-time entries for 2010 UPDATE Double-duty for Neuenberger at Daytona; seven race truck deal: RWR will compete in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and expand into the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series for a run at the title. Perhaps the biggest change in 2010 for Rick Ware Racing is a full effort in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Veteran Donnie Neuenberger will run in select races in the Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series and Brian Rose will make his return to the NASCAR circuit as well for RWR in 2010. Neuenberger will compete at Daytona in the #6 EZ Slider Cylinder Liners Chevy with Rick Ware as crew chief. Besides Daytona, EZ-Slider will be sponsoring the truck for races at the Talladega Superspeedway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Dover, and the Atlanta Motor Speedway, among others. Also slated in the #6 truck will be Chrissy Wallace, Tim Brown and Michael Guerity. Brett Butler will race the #47 Fuel-Doctor Chevy and contend for “Rookie of the Year honors. Gary Cogswell will be the crew chief. Fuel-Doctor will be the primary on RWR’s Arenacross team as well as several select races in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Whelen Modified Series.(Ware Racing PR)(2-5-2010)
UPDATE: Donnie Neuenberger and Quaker City Castings announce a seven race deal beginning with the NASCAR Camping World Series February 12th race in Daytona. Neuenberger announces the seven race deal which includes Daytona, Atlanta, Dover, Michigan, and Talladega competing in the NASCAR Camping World Series #6 with RWR-Rick Ware Racing. Donnie will also compete in the Daytona NASCAR Nationwide Series in a one race deal with IHOP- International House of Pancakes [#52 Chevy] as the primary sponsor with Means Motorsports and Jimmy Means.(DGN Racing PR)(2-11-2010)
- Raybestos Rookie News & Notes – Daytona:
*J.R. Fitzpatrick was the Raybestos Rookie of the Race in the 2009 NextEra Energy Resources 250, posting a fourth-place finish. Fitzpatrick also led the race once for 17 laps.
*A Raybestos Rookie has scored top-10 finishes in the last four consecutive NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races at Daytona and in three of the last four.
*Kerry Earnhardt is the only Raybestos Rookie to win a pole at Daytona in 10 previous Camping World Truck Series races, capturing the pole for the 2004 race.
*The best finish by a Raybestos Rookie at Daytona is second by Kurt Busch (2000) and Ricky Hendrick (2001).
*Johnny Sauter won 2009 Raybestos Rookie of the Year honors in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Sauter was the top rookie 14 times in 25 races and his official margin of victory over Tayler Malsam was 57 points (270-213).(Raybestos PR)(2-10-2010)
- More images added: #13-Tim McGraw/etc. EasytoInstall.com Chevy, driver Johnny Sauter; #98-etc. EasytoInstall.com Chevy, driver Landon Cassill; #7-visitPIT.com Toyota, driver Justin Lofton; #85-Ford Drive One Ford, driver Brent Raymer. Images are posted on the 2010 Paint Scheme Page.(2-10-2010)
- Images added: Images of Rick Ware Racing’s #6-EZ-Slider Chevy & #47-Fuel Doctor Chevy are now posted on the 2010 Paint Scheme Page.(2-8-2010)
- Lofton makes series debut at Daytona: 23-year-old Justin Lofton will be making his Camping World Truck Series debut on Friday, February 12th when he takes the green flag in the NextEra Energy Resources 250. Lofton, the 2009 ARCA Racing Series champion, has an impressive resume to his credit. In 2009 Lofton earned the ARCA title courtesy of six race wins, 15 top-5 and 19 top-10 finishes spanning the season’s 21 race schedule. VisitPit.com will grace the hood of Lofton’s #7 Toyota Tundra this week at Daytona. Based in Race City U.S.A., Mooresville, N.C., PIT, Performance Instruction and Training, is an award winning facility for motorsports related training, team building, and special events.(Justin Lofton PR)(2-10-2010)
- Contingency Partners continue to support NASCAR with per race & year-end awards: As NASCAR teams make final preparations to begin the 2010 race season, the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. announced the lineup of 2010 NASCAR Prize Money & Decal Program sponsors for all three national series. The NASCAR Prize Money & Decal Program, commonly referred to as the Contingency Program, is administered by the Charlotte, N.C.-based NASCAR Automotive Group. The program strives to build strong relationships with high-quality, performance-driven brands that are leaders in their respective categories and award money to NASCAR teams via per-race and year-end awards. Competitors become eligible for prize money by displaying sponsor decals on the front fender of their race vehicles. In some instances, use of a sponsor’s product is also required. Following is the 2010 Camping World Truck Series lineup: Auto Meter, Competition Cams, Keystone Light*, Craftsman, Edelbrock, Featherlite*, Goodyear*, Holley, JE Pistons, K&N, Lincoln Electric, MAHLE Clevite*, Mechanix Wear*, Mobil 1*, MOOG Chassis Parts*, MSD Ignition, O’Reilly Auto Parts*, Penske Shocks, Raybestos*, Simpson, Sunoco *, WIX Filters*. [Note: *Indicates special award sponsor with a year-end bonus.](NASCAR PR)(2-10-2010)
- Goodyear Tire Notes – Daytona: Teams in both the NASCAR Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series will be running the same combination of left- and right-side tires at Daytona this week, though the Nationwide tires will be branded Goodyear Eagle,” while the Truck tires will be branded “Goodyear Wrangler” . . . teams in these two series will be running a different tire combination than those in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series . . . this left-side tire code (D-4180) was first run by teams in these two series in 2009 . . . this right-side tire code (D-4006) dates back to July 2006 for Nationwide teams and January 2007 for Truck teams . . . Daytona is the only track at which these teams will run either of these two tire codes in 2010 . . . as on all NASCAR ovals greater than one mile in length, teams are required to run inner liners in all four tire positions at Daytona . . . air pressure in those inner liners should be 12-25 psi greater than that of the outer tire.(Goodyear PR) [Complete tire specs are posted on the Daytona Race Page.](2-10-2010)
- ThorSport picks up sponsor for Sauter/Cassill at Daytona: UPDATE: Double-duty for Sauter: ThorSport Racing has joined forces with Easy Transitional Cabinetry for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series’ season-opening NextEra Energy 250 at Daytona International Speedway scheduled for Friday February 12, 2010. etc.[Easy Transitional Cabinetry] and its EasytoInstall.com website will be the primary sponsor of the #98 Chevrolet driven by Landon Cassill and share co-primary status with Curb Records’ recording artist and country music superstar Tim McGraw on the teams #13 truck driven by Johnny Sauter.(Street Insider.com)(2-9-2010)
UPDATE: Sauter is entered in the #48 Chevy [Nationwide], owned by Darrell Blanton. “Blanton Motorsports, Inc. and GetMoreVacations.com is proud to have Johnny Sauter as our driver for Daytona. We appreciate Johnny’s truck team, ThorSport Racing, allowing him to run this one race for us. Our intention is to compete primarily at the tracks based in the Southeast. We are currently talking with several drivers about driving the 48 car for the balance of the season but nothing has been finalized as of this moment.(GetMoreVacations.com PR)(2-10-2010), see an image of the car on the #48 team paint schemes page.(2-10-2010)
- Crawford picks up Daytona sponsor; still looking for rest of season: Circle Bar Racing’s #14 Ford will be sponsored by LillyTrucking for the season opener at Daytona Int’l Speedway. This isn’t the first time that Lilly Trucking has adorned the #14 Circle Bar Racing Ford. Lilly Trucking was the primary sponsor on the #14 at Richmond International Raceway in 2005, and the distinctive blue, silver and black paint scheme of the Lilly Trucking fleet will be duplicated on Crawford’s #14 entry this weekend. Lilly Trucking of Virginia, Inc. specializes in reliable transportation of fine machinery and machinery parts for the Paper Industry. Crawford is still searching for additional sponsorship in order to run beyond Daytona and compete in the remaining 2010 Camping World Truck Series races.(Circle Bar Racing PR) (2-9-2010)
Images added: Image of the #14 Lilly Trucking Ford is posted on the #14 Paint Schemes Page.(2-9-2010)
- Hornaday looking for 1st superspeedway win; Longhorn on-board: UPDATE Longhorn to sponsor 9 races: Ron Hornaday will be behind the wheel of the #33 Longhorn Chevrolet for Kevin Harvick Inc. at the season opener next Friday, February 12th, at Daytona Int’l Speedway. “Since I first sat behind the wheel of a race car I wanted to go to Daytona. I know a lot of drivers say that, but driving through the tunnel at Daytona always gives me chills. To win a race at Daytona would fulfill a dream. It would be a great accomplishment,” said Hornaday. Dave Fuge has joined KHI and the #33 team as crew chief for the 2010 season with Longhorn returning as sponsor. Longhorn is a low price leader in the moist snuff category, manufactured in the same fine tradition as some of our other tobacco products including Red Man, Timber Wolf and White Owl.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)(2-7-2010)
UPDATE: Kevin Harvick Inc. announced today Longhorn Moist Snuff, will rejoin Ron Hornaday and the #33 Kevin Harvick Inc. team for nine races in 2010. KHI will also carry the Longhorn brand colors for the inaugural Nationwide Series race at Road America on June 19th. In 2009, Hornaday recorded six wins, 15 top-five and 20 top-10 finishes on the way to his fourth NASCAR Camping World Truck Series championship (2009, 2007, 1998 and 1996) and KHI’s second championship (2009 and 2007). Hornaday went to victory lane adorning the Longhorn Moist Snuff red, yellow and black colors for four of his six wins.(Kevin Harvick Inc. PR)(2-9-2010)
- Cassill joins ThorSport for Daytona: ThorSport Racing will expand to a three-truck team for the 2010 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season-opener at Daytona with the addition of Landon Cassill to drive the team’s #98 etc. EasytoInstall.com/Southern Candle Chevrolet. Cassill made his NASCAR debut in 2007 – at just 17 years of age – driving in a limited schedule of just six races for Hendrick Motorsports in the Nationwide Series. In 2008 he made 19 Nationwide Series starts, he earned five top-ten finishes in the Nationwide Series with a best finish of sixth (twice, at Gateway and Phoenix) and scored one pole position (Loudon). In the Camping World Truck Series, he made six starts for the Morgan-Dollar/Randy Moss team, with one top-five finish and three top-ten finishes, with his best being third at Milwaukee.(ThorSport Racing PR)(2-9-2010)
- Compton entered at Daytona: Stacy Compton is entered at Daytona and Chad Kendrick has been signed on as the new crew chief for the #60 Toyota truck.(2-9-2010)
- Heluva Good! to sponsor Busch at Daytona: Kyle Busch, who has more than 60 wins throughout NASCAR’s top three divisions, will be sponsored by Heluva Good! brand real sour cream dips, cheeses and condiments in the Feb. 12 NextEra Energy Resources 250 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Daytona International Speedway. The season-opening race will be the first for Busch as driver/owner for Kyle Busch Motorsports (KBM). Heluva Good! has been heavily involved in NASCAR in recent years and will sponsor two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events in 2010, the Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips 400 June 13 at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, and the Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen Aug. 8 at the Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International road course.(Kyle Busch Motorsports PR)(2-9-2010)
Image added: Image of the #18 Heluva Good! Toyota is posted on the #18 Paint Schemes Page.](2-9-2010)
- #88 Image updated: Schematic has been changed and Menards & Herculiner are now onboard with the #88 ThorSport Racing Chevy with driver, Matt Crafton. Check it out on the #88 Paint Schemes Page.(2-9-2010)
- Lia to SS Green Light Racing: SS Green Light Racing is pleased to announce it has rounded out its 2010 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series roster with the signing of two time Whelen Modified Champion and truck series winner Donny Lia for the upcoming NCWTS season. Lia will pilot the team’s #21 truck for the season opener at Daytona under the guidance of veteran Butch Miller. After running the #21 in Daytona, the SS Green Light team plans for Lia to share the SS Green Light #07 with Tony Jackson Jr. with crew chief Jason Miller.(SS Green Light Racing PR)(2-9-2010)
- K&N to sponsor Peters at Daytona: K&N will serve as the primary sponsor of the #17 at Daytona International Speedway. K&N Engineering is the inventor and leading innovator of reusable cotton gauze filter technology for automotive applications. From humble beginnings as a family run business over 40 years ago, K&N Engineering is now a truly global company with offices in the U.K. and the Netherlands. Crescent Tools On Board… The Crescent Tools logo will adorn the #17 Toyota Tundra as an associate sponsor for the entire 2010 season. The Crescent brand product line now consists not only of adjustable wrenches, but also a wide selection of other tools. Veteran crew chief, Jeff Hensley joined the #17 Red Horse Racing team during the off-season. Hensley experienced success with Mike Skinner and most recently Brian Scott. With nine Camping World Truck Series wins under his belt, Hensley feels confident that he and Peters will be a fixture in Victory Lane this season.(Red Horse Racing PR)(2-9-2010)
- Yeley in the #01 for DRM at Daytona: Daisy Ramirez Motorsports has announced that a deal has been made with former NASCAR Sprint Cup driver J.J. Yeley to drive for the new team in Daytona for the NextEra Energy 250 February 12. Koma Unwind Chillaxation Drink will be the primary sponsor of the #01 Chevy Silverado in the 2010 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. This weekend will be the debut for the DRM (Daisy Ramirez Motorsports) team and DRM has confidence in utilizing a driver with the skills and experience of Yeley.(Ramirez Motorsports PR)(2-8-2010)
- Images added: Schematics for Randy Moss Motorsports #5-International/Monaco RV Toyota being driven by Mike Skinner and the #81-Zachry Toyota for David Starr are posted on the 2010 Paint Scheme Page.(2-8-2010)
- Tide returns as sponsor for KHI: Kevin Harvick Inc. announced today Procter and Gamble along with retail partner Kroger Food Stores will feature their family of brands across the sheet metal of four-time Truck Series champion Ron Hornaday’s #33 Chevrolet at Bristol Motor Speedway as well as serve as the primary sponsor on Kevin Harvick’s #2 Chevrolet for both Martinsville Speedway Truck Series events in 2010. The familiar yellow, blue, and orange circle will adorn the hood and quarter panels along with Kroger Food Stores and Procter and Gambles other featured brands, Bounce, Iams, Pringles, Charmin, Bounty and Downy. “Having the opportunity to bring the Tide colors back to the track as a primary sponsor is an honor for KHI,” said Harvick. “I had good success in the Truck Series last year winning my first Truck race in Martinsville last spring while carrying Procter and Gamble and Kroger colors. I’m ready to get back to short-track racing and bring Tide back to victory lane. Who knows maybe I’ll even try the Icky Shuffle.”(KHI PR)(2-8-2010)
Image added: Image of KHI’s #2-Tide Chevy being driven by Kevin Harvick in 2010 is posted on the #2 Paint Schemes Page.(2-8-2010)
- Piquet enters Daytona with Red Horse Racing: Red Horse Racing is pleased to announce the addition of Nelson Piquet Jr. to its stable of drivers for the 2010 Camping World Truck Series season. Piquet Jr. will pilot the #1Toyota Tundra in the season opener at Daytona International Speedway. “We have closely observed Nelson in our testing and believe he has a great future in NASCAR. He exhibits excellent car control, gives good feedback, but needs the side by side experience. He’ll get plenty of that in Daytona!” said Tom DeLoach, managing partner of Red Horse Racing. “Nelson has a huge international following which hopefully will attract a race partner for the team.” Red Horse Racing is still seeking sponsorship of the #1 Toyota Tundra. For more information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Tom DeLoach at Red Horse Racing.(Red Horse Racing PR)(2-8-2010)
- Image added: Schematic for SS Green Light Racing’s #23 Gunbroker.com Dodge is posted on the #23 Paint Scheme Page.(2-6-2010)
- SS Green Light Racing tabs Murphy for Daytona: UPDATE Dietz & Watson to sponsor at Daytona: SS Green Light Racing is pleased to announce that Florida native Sean Murphy will pilot the team’s #07 Chevy Silverado in the season-opening NASCAR Camping World Truck Series NextEra Energy Resources 250 February 12th at the Daytona International Speedway Sean is no stranger to the SS Green Light Racing team having run twenty-four NCWTS races since 2004 for the Mooresville-based team including two previous starts in a truck at Daytona. Jason Miller will be Murphy’s crew chief at the NCWTS season-opener at the world center of racing.(SS Green Light Racing PR)(1-21-2010)
UPDATE: The SS Green Light Racing #07 will have a fresh look when Sean Murphy takes the green flag at Daytona in the season opening Nextra Energy 250 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race. Dietz & Watson, home to the World’s Best Meat Delicacies and Artisan Cheeses, will adorn Murphy’s Chevy Silverado on Friday, February 12th. The Pennsylvania-based purveyor of Premium Meat Delicacies and Artisan Cheeses has been producing the highest quality, freshest products for over sixty years. Dietz & Watson distributes its products to over forty states. The company has an outstanding reputation for superior tasting all-natural ingredients in all of its products. The company is bold in its slogan: “Expect the Best.”(SS Green Light Racing PR) [Image of the #07-Dietz & Watson Chevy is posted on the #07 Paint Scheme Page.](2-5-2010)
- Starr to #81 RMM Toyota: UPDATE: Official announcement; Zachry returns as sponsor: Hearing that David Starr has signed on as driver for the #81 Toyota with Randy Moss Motorsports and will participate in the upcoming test at New Smyrna Speedway on Wednesday and Thursday.(Jayski)(1-11-2009)
UPDATE: Top engineering, construction and maintenance provider, Zachry Holdings, Inc. will partner with driver David Starr and Randy Moss Motorsports during the 2010 Camping World NASCAR Truck Series. Zachry looks forward to engaging employees and customers in partnership with Randy Moss Motorsports and the #81 Zachry Toyota Tundra. Since 2008, Zachry has benefitted from the NASCAR arena by exhibiting at racing events to recruit new employees, create bonds among existing employees and spread brand recognition of the 85-year-old family company. As a collaborative force, Starr has joined Zachry in spreading the message of safety and value at racing events and many of the 100-plus Zachry job sites nationwide. Zachry looks forward to relationship with both David Starr and Randy Moss Motorsports through the 2010 season. Zachry, a true EPC provider, is engaged in the planning, building and renewing of the world’s most critical infrastructures including emerging energy, power, cement, refining and nuclear facilities.(David Starr/Zachry PR)(2-5-2010)
- Miccosukee sponsorship leaving the sport? UPDATE: Miccosukee out: Sponsorship from Miccosukee Indian Gaming in all three of NASCAR’s national series – Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Trucks – could be terminated as a result of an early February vote by the Indian tribe. The tribe, which runs Miccosukee Resort and Gaming located in Miami and along the southeastern edge of the Florida Everglades, elected a new chairman, Colley Billie, on Jan. 5 who campaigned on promoting a new and “proactive” economic development platform. Several sources confirmed the tribe plans a Feb. 4 vote to decide whether it will continue its sponsorship in NASCAR, which includes Cup [#09-Almirola] and Nationwide teams [#1-James Buescher] to be fielded in 2010 by team owner James Finch and a Truck team [#18] owned and driven by Kyle Busch. The chances the NASCAR sponsorships will continue are considered slim, sources said. A spokesman for KBM said Monday the organization was aware of the Feb. 4 vote and would field the team regardless of whether the Miccosukee sponsorship continues.(Charlotte Observer)(1-26-2010)
UPDATE: James Finch learned late Thursday afternoon that Miccosukee Resort and Gaming will no longer sponsor his Phoenix Racing teams. Finch had a contract for the full Nationwide Series schedule and 18 Sprint Cup races but when the Chairman of the Miccosukee tribe Billy Cypress lost the last election, Phoenix Racing became sponsor-less for Daytona and beyond. [Sources confirmed that this decision also impacts sponsorship for the #18 Kyle Busch Motorsports truck team.](FoxNews.com)(2-5-2010)
- Congrats to Kyle Busch & Samantha Sarcinella: Congratulations go out to Kyle Busch and Samantha Sarcinella on their engagement to be married. Samantha announced the engagement via Twitter.(Twitter.com/SamSarcinella)(2-5-2010)
- BeBevCo NASCAR bound with Daisy Ramirez Motorsports UPDATE 2 Earnhardt withdraws: Daisy Ramirez Chief Operating officer of BeBevCo and CEO and founder of Potencia Energy Drink will throw her hat in the ring as a new team owner in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. The 2010 debut will come in Daytona for the NextEra Energy 250 on February 12. BeBevCo will lend its support through its on fire brand KOMA UNWIND “Chillaxation Drink.” The first Hispanic Female owned NASCAR Truck team [Ramirez Motorsports] will run its operation this season from the famed “GARAGE MAHAL” that formally housed the Sprint cup team of Coors Light and Team Sabco. ” This is a perfect situation we are putting together as BeBevCo’s offices now inhabit the entire upstairs of the building. We will be able to keep a keen eye on day to day operations downstairs, invite our vendors and retail partners to visit with our company and our major marketing program all at once,” said Ms. Ramirez. “We are extremely excited about our direction and will be announcing our truck numbers and driver line up in the coming days.” [Dan Glauz is listed as crew chief on the web site.](CNNmoney.com)(1-25-2010)
UPDATE: The DRM (Daisy Ramirez Motorsports) team will make its debut at the globally celebrated Daytona International Speedway, with an equally famous last name, Earnhardt. Kerry Earnhardt the oldest son of the 7 time NASCAR champion Dale Earnhardt and brother of Dale Earnhardt Jr. will pilot the DRM Chevy in the NextEra Energy 250 February 12. Taking over the driving duties at Martinsville in March will be three time winner in 2009 in the ASALMS series Dillon Oliver, Oliver with over 80 victories at only 20 years old will try catching up over the remaining 23 races for the 2010 Rookie of the Year award.(Ramirez Motorsports PR)(1-28-2010)
UPDATE 2: Ramirez Motorsports has been informed that Kerry Earnhardt has decided to withdraw from driving the KOMA Unwind Chevy at Daytona due to conflicts in some previously scheduled events that were unable to be rescheduled. DRM is now looking at all alternative driver options for eligible drivers to run Daytona & Atlanta. Meanwhile Crew Chief Dan Glauz continues to put finishing touches on the teams Chevys.(Ramirez Motorsports PR)(2-4-2010)
- Carmichael, multi-year sponsorship deal with Monster UPDATE 2: During SPEEDtv’s Race Hub broadcast Wednesday, Ricky Carmichael announced that Monster Energy will sponsor the #4-TurnerMotorsports Chevy for the full 2010 Camping World Truck Series season along with nine ARCA events. Carmichael also stated that the agreement with Monster was a multi-year deal.(1-27-2010)
UPDATE: Mike Fritts, who served as Carmichael’s crew chief in his first stock car endeavor in 2007, will again assume the role as crew chief for the 2010 season. A HREF=”http://www.teamturnermotorsports.com/news/full/46″>Turner Motorsports PR)(1-27-2010)
UPDATE 2: The former supercross champion will make his fourth ARCA start in two years this weekend at Daytona. In his previous three starts (Talladega, Daytona and Rockingham) Carmichael has qualified in the top 10 twice. Veteran Crew Chief, Butch Hylton, will call the shots for the #4 Monster Energy entry during the ARCA opening-season race this weekend.(2-4-2010)
- Musgrave returns with Ballew at Daytona: The 2005 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Champion, Ted Musgrave will make his return to the series at Daytona International Speedway piloting the #15 Hope for Haiti Toyota Tundra in the NextEra Energy Resources 250 for Billy Ballew Motorsports. Musgrave, who sat out the past season due to lack of sponsorship, will pilot the Billy Ballew Motorsports entry in the 2010 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season opening race February 12, 2010. The series veteran has 191 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series career starts with 17 wins, 80 top-five and119 top-ten finishes and12 pole starts. Hope for Haiti will serve as the primary sponsor on the #15 Tundra. Associate sponsors Eco Clear Solutions, MagicJack.com and Bee My Bear are all lending a hand in the Hope for Haiti cause.(Billy Ballew Motorsports PR)(2-4-2010)
- Graceway Pharmaceuticals returns as sponsor for Almirola; Monteith in 2nd Ballew entry for seven UPDATE Image added: Graceway Pharmaceuticals, LLC along with Billy Ballew Motorsports announce the continuation of their partnership for the 2010 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Season. Graceway Pharmaceuticals, headquartered in Bristol, TN joined forces with Billy Ballew Motorsports in 2009, at Bristol Motor Speedway, sponsoring all three of the team’s entries. Graceway remained the primary sponsor on the #15 and the associate sponsor on the #51 entry for the remainder of the 2009 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season. In 2010, Aric Almirola will be the driver of the #51 Graceway Pharmaceuticals, LLC Toyota Tundra. Nate Monteith will join Almirola in a second Graceway sponsored Tundra for Billy Ballew Motorsports in seven of the 2010 truck series events. Graceway Pharmaceuticals will also be the associate sponsor on the #09 James Finch NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car with Aric Almirola piloting the entry in 2010. The AKAwareness.com design will return this year. Graceway’s sponsorship is part of a national public education campaign to raise awareness of actinic keratosis (AK) – a potential early warning sign of skin cancer – as well as the long-term consequences of sun damage over a lifetime.(Billy Ballew Motorsports)(2-3-2010)
UPDATE: Image of the #51 Graceway Pharmaceuticals/AKAwareness.com Toyota is posted on the #51 Paint Scheme Page.(2-3-2010)
- McCumbee & Silas entered with Hillenburg at Daytona: Car owner Andy Hillenburg has a lot to look forward to in the following weeks in Daytona Beach. Andy is back in the ARCA Series with Bryan Silas. “Not only will Andy be busy with the ARCA race but he also has two trucks entered in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event. Piloting the #49 truck will be series veteran Chad McCumbee and in the #48 will be Bryan Silas. “I am really excited to have these two drivers in my trucks next week,” said Hillenburg. Chad McCumbee has one win with Fast Track Racing in the ARCA series at Nashville Superspeedway in 2007. “Fast Track will always be special to me it’s where I got my first stock car win,” claims McCumbee. Andy will again be running the full 2010 Camping World Truck season with multiple drivers.(Fast Track Racing PR)(2-3-2010)
- Navistar to sponsor #5 truck for RMM with HTM: Navistar Inc., the longest-running team sponsor in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series garage, is making a bold run at the 2010 championship as it partners with the #5 Toyota Tundra driven by Mike Skinner for Randy Moss Motorsports with HTM. Navistar, which made its NCWTS debut in 2001, will look for Skinner to earn his second series title in 2010 while raising awareness of its International brand commercial trucks and Monaco brand RVs. The Randy Moss Motorsports with HTM team is expected by many to field a champion truck in 2010 after collecting three wins during the 2009 campaign. Skinner and the #5 Toyota Tundra, along with the team’s #81 machine, will operate from the team’s headquarters in Statesville, North Carolina. The sponsorship of the #5 entry will provide a premium platform for Navistar to market its industry leading lineup of International brand commercial trucks and Monaco brand RVs in 2010. NASCAR fans across the country rely on these vehicles for work and for play. The NCWTS is a great way for the company to thank loyal owners and attract new customers with the help of their International and Monaco dealer partners.(Randy Moss Motorsports PR)[For past news surrounding HT Motorsports and RMM visit the November 2009 Archives Page.](2-2-2010)
- Hunt Brothers Pizza to sponsor Sadler in Cup & NCWTS: The 2010 NASCAR season isn’t underway just yet, but Hunt Brothers Pizza is already celebrating a huge win: the company just inked a deal to sponsor veteran driver Elliott Sadler in both the Sprint Cup Series and Camping World Truck Series! This is Hunt Brothers Pizza’s second year as the primary sponsor of a NASCAR racing team Hunt Brothers Pizza Racing and its first with Sadler behind the wheel. Sadler is a three-time winner about to embark on his 12th season as a NASCAR Sprint Cup driver. He’ll be flying around the track in the #19 Hunt Brothers Pizza Ford Fusion owned by Richard Petty Motorsports, a legendary name in auto racing. In addition, this year marks Sadler’s debut at Daytona International Superspeedway with the Camping World Truck Series (CWTS). He will be driving Kevin Harvick Inc.’s #2 truck, also sponsored by Hunt Brothers Pizza, on February 12.(Kevin Harvick Inc PR)(2-2-2010)
- Double-duty for Papis at Daytona: A year ago, many critics questioned whether or not 2004 Grand-Am Series champion Max Papis would be able to make it in NASCAR. Those critics are now supporters, as Papis prepares to begin his second season in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series competition in the #13 GEICO Toyota Camry for Germain Racing. In addition to his duties in the #13 GEICO Camry, Papis will also pilot the #9 GEICO Toyota Tundra in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Daytona International Speedway on Friday, February 12th.(GEICO Racing PR)(2-2-2010)
- Ramirez Motorsports enter second truck with Contreras for Daytona: BeBevCo in cooperation with Daisy Ramirez Motorsports has announced today that a second entry for the NASCAR Camping World Series season opener has been filed. The DRM #00 Chevrolet will be driven by the most accomplished Mexican stock car driver in motorsports. Carlos Contreras will be behind the wheel for the NextEra Energy 250, and the truck will be sponsored by Potencia Energy Blast, as well as Alpina Bottled Water. With 70 NASCAR Camping World Truck starts, and 15 NASCAR Nationwide starts under his belt, Contreras also has claimed 8 series championships in his native Mexico. “His popularity and prestige among Latin American racing fans made him a perfect fit for the second DRM entry with the Potencia Energy Blast Chevy” said team owner and BeBevCo COO Daisy Ramirez. “Alpina Water will be also on our truck at Daytona as we move closer to an exclusive distribution partnership in all of Central America with them for Koma Unwind and Potencia Products” said Brian BeBevCo CEO Brian Weber.(Ramirez Motorsports)(2-2-2010)
- Congrats to Krista Voda & “PK Kelley: FOX Sports on-air personality Krista Voda was married January 23 in Pittsburgh. She wed Phillip “PK” Kelley, an independent contractor for network television, sports and entertainment, and a longtime fixture in the NASCAR garage. Kelley and Voda, host of NCWTS Setup on SPEED, will reside in Cranberry Township, PA.(SPEEDtv.com)(2-2-2010)
- NASCAR revises method of setting starting lineups: NASCAR will revise its five-year-old procedure governing guaranteed starting positions for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in 2010. The revision will open up additional spots in the line-up for teams qualifying via time trials. Under the procedure implemented in 2005, the top 30 eligible owners’ trucks were locked into the starting lineup and guaranteed a spot among the top 35 positions in the 36-truck field. Beginning with the Feb. 12 NextEra Energy 250 at Daytona International Speedway, the “lock-in” will be reduced to the top 25 eligible owners who have entered the event based upon 2009 Owner Championship point standings. The 36th and final position continues to be reserved for a past champion not otherwise qualified for the race. If no past champion is eligible, the position is filled by the next fastest qualifier. The reduction in guaranteed starting positions brings the series in line percentage-wise with the NASCAR Nationwide Series, which guarantees a top 30 eligible owner’s car a position among 42 of 43 starting spots.
Twenty-five teams competed in all 25 races in 2009 and are thus eligible for guaranteed starting positions for the season’s first four races. Eligibility for the lock-in is set by 2010 Owner Championship points for the remainder of the season. “All owners who would have been locked in under the previous procedure will have guaranteed starting positions at Daytona and for three additional races,” said NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Director Wayne Auton. “Teams which saw limited competition in 2009 or are new to the series will have greater opportunity to qualify for races than they might have had in the past – especially at short tracks such as Martinsville Speedway – where drivers who may not have a great deal of experience at the national series level are attempting to further their careers.” The revised procedure does not affect races in which qualifying is canceled. Starting fields in such instances are based upon a separate procedure dictated by the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Rule Book.(NASCAR PR)(2-1-2010)
- Cobb to debut the #10 Ford at Daytona: Jennifer Jo Cobb Racing will debut the #10 Ford F-150 in the NextEra Energy Resources 250 at the Daytona International Speedway on February 12. Cobb will attempt a full schedule with the goal of winning the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year title and inspire others that age or gender is no obstacle. The new team, based in Mooresville, N.C., will have support from Mike Harmon Racing to help pool resources and talent. Cobb, also a motivational speaker, will draw attention to her fashion line, Driver Boutique and Driven for Men — merchandise for those who live “driven” lives — on her truck, but the team continues to look for additional partners for the season. She comes into this season with more hope than ever in her career. The Kansas City, Kan., native has four previous starts in the Camping World Truck Series, but is now ready to compete with the best drivers and teams in the series.(Cobb Racing Team PR) [Past news on this race team is posted on the January Archives page.](2-1-2010)
- Jamie Jones & Turner Motorsports part ways UPDATE: more info: Hearing that crew chief Jamie Jones parted ways with Turner Motorsports as of Thursday, January 28, 2010. Also hearing that the #31 truck [driver James Buescher] may not be going to Daytona as the truck is not ready.(1-29-2010)
UPDATE:Ricky Carmichael told Sirius NASCAR Radio’s Sirius Speedway with Dave Moody that James Buescher’s #31 Turner Motorsports Silverado was never intended to race in the season opener at Daytona. “James has a full-season Nationwide deal this year with James Finch, and that is his number-one priority,” he said. “His #31 Truck will run a limited schedule this season, and Daytona was never supposed to be part of the deal.”(2-1-2010)
Camping World Truck Series News & Rumors Archives
[Listed by Month]
the Jayski site is housed at:
Born On Date: January 1, 2010
This page designed by Jayski LLC, 1996-2016©. All Rights Reserved.
Jayski’s® is a registered trademark of Jayski, LLC
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form without permission or credit.