NASCAR Camping World Truck Series News Archive
- Martinsville images added: Added almost thirty images taken during the Kroger 200 weekend at Martinsville Speedway. Check them out via the 2012 Camping World Truck Series Paint Schemes page..(10-31-2012)
- Gale racing with Ruud colors at Texas: Cale Gale will race with the Ruud colors on the 33 Chevrolet this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. Known for its reliability, which will be showcased on the truck with the tagline “Rely on Ruud,” Ruud is a major quality brand of Rheem that produces products in the heating, cooling and water heating categories. It is the same design that Gale competed with at Atlanta Motor Speedway earlier this season. Gale will make his third NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at Texas Motor Speedway on Friday, Nov. 2. Earlier this season, Gale rolled off 16th at the 1.5-mile track after rain cancelled qualifying and altered the practice schedule. With flawless pit stops, solid restarts and a good strategy, the #33 ESR team raced to an eighth-place finish.(Eddie Sharp Racing PR)(10-31-2012)
- Rimrock Design teams up with Almirola & Wauters Motorsports for two; image added: Rimrock Design will serve as the primary sponsor for the #5 Wauters Motorsports NASCAR Camping World Truck Series truck at Texas Motor Speedway and Homestead-Miami Speedway. NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Aric Almirola will pilot the Ford F150 in both events. Rimrock Design, based in Lake City, Florida is an industry leader in providing total tile and flooring solutions to national brands and a standard of excellence leader in the floor covering industry. Almirola has eight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts at the 1.5-mile Texas Motor Speedway with a best finish of 10th-place in 2010. Team owner, Richie Wauters has one victory (Kyle Busch 2009), five top-5 and seven top-10 finishes in 15 starts with eight different drivers at the Fort Worth, Texas track.(Wauters Motorsports PR) [Image of the #5 Rimrock Design Ford is posted on the #5 NCWTS 2012 Paint Schemes page.](10-31-2012)
- Triple-duty for Ky Busch at Texas: For just the second time this season, Kyle Busch will compete in all three of NASCAR’s top three divisions, something he has done numerous times throughout his career. Busch will begin his attempt at a Texas Motor Speedway trifecta driving the #18 Dollar General Tundra in the WinStar World Casino 350 Friday night. Texas has been a track where the 27-year-old driver has recorded multiple victories in both the Truck and Nationwide Series and has been knocking on the door of victory in the Sprint Cup Series. He produced back-to-back Truck Series victories in the fall race in 2009 and 2010 and won five straight Nationwide Series races from April of 2008 to April of 2010. In the Sprint Cup Series, he has yet to visit victory lane at “The Great American Speedway,” but has recorded four top-five finishes across 14 starts and twice has led over 150 laps.(Kyle Busch Motorsports PR)(10-30-2012)
- Gaughan returns to #2 at Texas; plus congrats to Brendan & Tatum: Brendan Gaughan returns to the Richard Childress Racing #2 South Point Hotel & Casino Chevrolet for the WinStar World Casino 350 at Texas Motor Speedway. In 16 Camping World Truck Series starts at the 1.5-mile speedway, Gaughan has notched four victories, seven top-five and 11 top-20 finishes. He won his first Camping World Truck Series race at Texas Motor Speedway in 2002 and went on to win the next three consecutive events at the track. Gaughan is the only driver to sweep four consecutive Truck Series events at the 1.5-mile facility. Congrats! Gaughan and wife Tatum welcomed the arrival of their second son on Oct. 11. William weighed in at eight pounds, five ounces and 20 inches long.(Richard Childress Racing PR)(10-30-2012)
- Quiroga returns to KBM’s #51 at Texas: Germán Quiroga returns to the seat of the Kyle Busch Motorsports #51 NET10 Wireless Toyota Tundra for the upcoming WinStar World Casino 350 at Texas Motor Speedway. This will be his first series start at the 1.5 mile Texas track. Quiroga enters Friday’s race with confidence after his 2012 debut Talladega Superspeedway resulted in his first career Truck Series top-10 finish. Making just his third career series start, the Mexico City native came from the 23rd starting position to finish eighth in the fred’s 250. KBM General Manager Rick Ren, who with 28 victories is the winningest crew chief in Truck Series history, will be calling the shots for the #51 NET10 Wireless team this weekend in the Lone Star State.(Kyle Busch Motorsports PR)(10-30-2012)
- OneMain Financial on board with Coulter at Texas: OneMain Financial will adorn the #22 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet, with driver Joey Coulter, this weekend for the 147-lap event at Texas Motor Speedway. OneMain Financial provides personalized loan solutions and one-on-one, local service at 1,200 branches nationwide. Coulter has three previous starts at the 1.5-mile track in the Camping World Truck Series, recording two top-five and three top-10 finishes. The Miami Springs, Fla., native holds a ninth-place average starting position combined with a 4.7 average finishing position and has led for nine circuits. Coulter is fifth in the Camping World Truck Series driver championship point standings, 46 points behind the leader.(Richard Childress Racing PR)(10-30-2012)
- Blaney making first Texas start: Ryan Blaney, driver of the #29 Cooper Standard RAM, will make his seventh career start in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, and on Friday will make his first career start in any NASCAR series race at Texas Motor Speedway. Cooper Standard returns as primary sponsor. The #29 team currently sits sixth in the owner point standings trailing the leading #3 entry by 55 points heading into race 20 of 22 of the 2012 season.(Brad Keselowski Racing PR)(10-30-2012)
- Smokey Mountain Herbal/SWM ride with Hornaday at Texas; image added: Sponsors Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff/SWM Gun Runner will be on board the #9 Joe Denette Motorsports Chevrolet Silverado with driver Ron Hornaday Jr. for the WinStar World Casino 350 at Texas Motor Speedway. After making the headlines for his tangle with Kyle Busch in last year’s Fall event at the Fort Worth speedway, Ron Hornaday will be looking to make a different kind of headline this year by capturing Joe Denette Motorsports’ first NCWTS victory. Hornaday has led 681 laps at the speedway en route to three wins (June/October 2008 and June 2011) as well as six top-five and 11 top-10 finishes in 19 starts at the Fort Worth 1.5-mile tri-oval.(Joe Denette Motorsports PR) [Rendering of the #9 Chevrolet is posted on the #9 NCWTS 2012 Paint Schemes page.](10-30-2012)
- Mayhew returns to BKR’s #19 at Texas: David Mayhew, driver of the #19 Steak and Grape / MMI Services RAM, will make his third start of 2012 for Brad Keselowski Racing on Friday night at Texas Motor Speedway during the WinStar World Casino 350. For the third of four races, the #19 BKR RAM will feature Steak and Grapes and MMI Services as its primary co-sponsors. Mayhew will be making his second career start at Texas Motor Speedway on Friday night. Last year, Mayhew finished third at Texas.(Brad Keselowski Racing PR)(10-30-2012)
- Dugger to the #84 for Texas: Russ Dugger will be making his first Texas Camping World Truck Series start this Friday, November 2nd. Dugger will be competing in the #84 Toyota Tundra, supported by co-primary sponsors JPO Absorbents and Vacuworx Global. Both companies have operations in Oklahoma, with Vacuworx calling Tulsa home for its global headquarters. During his only previous trip to the Texas Motor Speedway circuit in the ARCA series, he he brought home a clean race car to a top-15, lead lap finish. Dugger’s race truck will be carrying the logos of Hayes Custom Homes and C&T Trucking Enterprises – both Oklahoma-based companies – as associate sponsors for this race. Also, as he has done in each of his NCWTS races, he will again be representing Tulsa’s own The Little Lighthouse charity with their logo on his truck and fire suit.(Russ Dugger Racing PR)(10-30-2012)
- Paludo to run special paint scheme for World Diabetes Day; image added: Miguel Paludo’s red #32 Chevrolet Silverado will sport a different look in the upcoming NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) races at Texas Motor Speedway and Phoenix International Raceway, switching to a special blue paint scheme in honor of World Diabetes Day. The truck will feature the blue circle logo for World Diabetes Day, Paludo’s son Oliver’s name above the passenger side door and a collage of diabetes statistics and resources. World Diabetes Day, the primary global awareness campaign of the diabetes community, is held annually on November 14th. “This paint scheme is very important and personal to me, both as a diabetic and the father of a child with diabetes,” said Paludo. “Diabetes is something that requires attention, research and funding 365 days a year, but World Diabetes Day is a special day of awareness, as well as an opportunity to celebrate the 366 million people worldwide living with diabetes.For more information about World Diabetes Day, see the World Diabetes Day website . (Turner Motorsports PR) [Rendering of the #32-Chevrolet is posted on the #32 NCWTS Paint Schemes page.](10-29-2012)
- TAG Heuer joins Piquet for 50th career start; image added:The #30 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series machine welcomes aboard TAG Heuer Avant-Garde Eyewear as the primary sponsor as Nelson Piquet Jr. makes his 50th NCWTS career start this Friday night. Piquet Jr. is a long-time supporter and now ambassador of the Swiss-made brand. TAG Heuer, maker of high-end sports watches and chronographs since 1860, has been applying the same high standards for design and quality found in their timepieces to the creation of exceptional eyewear since 2002. This Friday night will mark the 50th career start for Piquet Jr. in the NCWTS. Half of the 50 starts have resulted in top-10 finishes for the Brazilian racer, with 13 top-fives and two outstanding victories. Piquet has four starts at Texas Motor Speedway resulting in 2 top-five and 3 top-ten finishes.(Turner Motorsports PR) [Image of the #30 TAG Heuer Avant-Garde Eyewear Chevrolet is posted on the #30 NCWTS 2012 Paint Scheme Page.](10-29-2012)
- RHR team preview – Arthritis Foundation on board: All three Red Horse Racing Toyota Tundras will carry a special logo for the Arthritis Foundation at Texas Motor Speedway to help promote the Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis. The Arthritis Foundation in the Texas Region will hold its Jingle Bell Run/Walk in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area surrounding the track on December 8, 2012. Arthritis affects one in every five adults and 300,000 children, and is the nation’s leading cause of disability. For more information, visit the Arthritis Foundation website. Timothy Peters, driver of the #17 Red Horse Racing Toyota Tundra will be debuting Red Horse Racing chassis 007 at Texas; one of the new-era RHR Toyota Tundra chassis built entirely by team fabricators at Red Horse Racing. After qualifying on the outside pole for the spring race at the 1.5-mile oval, Peters and crew chief Butch Hylton plan to bring a similar setup for this brand new Toyota Tundra. Todd Bodine, driver of the #11 Toyota Care Toyota Tundra, is a six-time winner at Texas Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, including one victory each year from 2004-2007. He holds the record for the most NCWTS victories at Texas Motor Speedway, and has led over 300 laps at the 1.5-mile oval in 16 starts, with six wins, 10 top-five and 10 top-10 finishes. Parker Kligerman, driver of the #7 Red Horse Racing Toyota Tundra, will return to the place of his first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start when the series rolls into Texas Motor Speedway this weekend for the WinStar World Casino 350. In four starts at Texas, Kligerman has 1-top five; 3 top-tens.(Red Horse Racing PR)(10-29-2012)
- Monday Rundown — Racing Resources:
*Denny Hamlin won the Kroger 200 at Martinsville Speedway on Saturday. It was his second Truck series win in his 15th start. His only other win was at Martinsville in October 2011 (two starts between).
*Hamlin started at the rear of the field after missing the drivers meeting
*Hamlin is the 14th different winner of 2012, tying the series record for the most different winners in a season (1998, 2005).
*Hamlin led once for the final six laps.
*Kyle Busch Motorsports posted its 17th Truck series win. Its most recent win was in this race last year when Hamlin won.
*Toyota posted its seventh win of 2012 and eighth victory at Martinsville.
*Nelson Piquet Jr. (second) had his best Martinsville finish in his fourth start there. His previous best finish was sixth in March.
*Joey Coulter (third) posted his best Martinsville finish in his fourth start. His previous best finish was fifth in this race last year.
*Matt Crafton (fourth) tied his best Martinsville finish. He led 33 laps.
*Scott Riggs (fifth) recorded his first top-5 since 2001.
*James Buescher (sixth) has finished in the top 10 in nine of the past 10 races.
*Timothy Peters (seventh) has top-10 finishes in six of the past seven races at Martinsville.
*Max Gresham (11th) posted his best career finish.
*Ty Dillon (28th) logged the worst finish of his career.(ESPN.com)(10-29-2012)
- Gale featured on NCWTS Setup: Cale Gale and the #33 Rheem Chasing the Cure Chevrolet will be featured on NCWTS Setup live from Martinsville Speedway on Saturday, Octoberh 27 at 1:30pm/et. Gale visited the Virginia short track earlier this month to prepare for this weekend’s NASCAR double-header and promote breast cancer awareness during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Gale joined four breast cancer survivors to paint the iconic curbing pink around the historic speedway, and had his pink and black #33 Rheem Chasing the Cure Chevrolet on hand to promote Rheem’s month-long initiative benefiting the Young Survival Coalition (YSC).(Eddie Sharp Racing PR)(10-27-2012)
- Chastain set for Martinsville; JDI Farms on board: Early in his young NASCAR career, rookie Ross Chastain, driver of the #08 Toyota for SS Green Light Racing has taken a fancy to racing on the tricky short-tracks of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. In three starts on half-mile tracks, Chastain has finished in tenth, seventh and third on his young resume. Chastain and the SS Green Light team finished seventh at Martinsville back in March taking advantage of several strong restarts over the last quarter of the Kroger 250 to earn his second career top-ten finish. Florida watermelon grower JDI Farms will back Ross Saturday in the Kroger 200 at Martinsville Speedway. JDI Farms is one of the largest producers of watermelon in the state of Florida. Jeff Agnew will pilot the Mark 4 Suzuki #07 for SS Green Light Racing on Saturday.(SS Green Light Racing PR)(10-26-2012)
- Martinsville preview — Matt Crafton: Matt Crafton and the #88 Zecol/Menards Toyota Tundra head to Martinsville Speedway for the Kroger 200 on Saturday, October 27th. Crafton has been racing trucks at this speedway since 2001 with his best finish of 2nd in 2008. Crafton also earned the pole in the 2011 fall race. Saturdays race marks Crafton’s 22nd start at Martinsville Speedway. “Martinsville is a race where track position means everything,” said Crafton. “It is important to qualify in the front, and it is key to maintain that position. Everyone likes to run on the bottom, everyone wants to be there and that makes it difficult to make moves and pass.” Crafton currently stands in the sixth spot in the 2012 Camping World Truck Series driver championship point standings, six points out of fifth.(ThorSport Racing PR)(10-25-2012)
- Title-chasing trio test at Motor Mile Speedway: For the driver of the #3-Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet, the objective is to not be caught. With four races remaining in the 2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season, Ty Dillon is the frontrunner. The rookie racer from Lewisville, NC, clings to the championship lead by a minuscule one-point margin as the series visits Martinsville Speedway this weekend. The Kroger 200 will mark Dillon’s second career outing at Martinsville Speedway. In his maiden attempt on March 31, Dillon tallied a stunning second-place finish behind Sprint Cup Series regular Kevin Harvick “We’re shaking [the truck] down today and trying to learn a few things. We’re going back with a lot more experience, and hopefully we’ll have a good run, stay out of trouble and extend the points lead.” James Buescher, #31 Great Clips Chevrolet, netted a third-place finish at Martinsville Speedway in the spring — his best effort in six career starts. But he concedes continued gains must be made to maintain a grasp on his title aspirations, hence the team’s day-long test at Motor Mile Speedway last Wednesday. “We’re here to improve on what we had at Martinsville earlier this year. We ran third; best we’ve ever ran. If we can improve on that, I think we’ve got a good shot at [the win],” explains Buescher. “I think we have to go run in the top five. If we can get out of there without losing points, then I’ll feel good about it.” Timothy Peters, #17-Red Horse Racing Toyota, is situated third in the standings, Peters may not be the favorite for the title. But the Danville, Va., native is an undeniable favorite for Martinsville Speedway’s Grandfather Clock. Statistics bode well for Peters. In the past three events, the #17 team has accumulated the most points among active drivers at Martinsville Speedway. Furthermore, he is the only top-five contender to boast a victory at the short track. With an undaunted attitude, Peters is entering Martinsville with a winning mindset, encouraged by the team’s practice last Tuesday. And for good reason: Compared to his championship counterparts, Peters’ #17 posted the best lap times spanning all test sessions.(Motor Mile Speedway PR)(10-25-2012)
- Hamlin returns as defending winner; to drive KBM’s #51: In last year’s Kroger 200 at Martinsville Speedway, home-state hero Denny Hamlin drove Kyle Busch Motorsports’ #18 Tundra to his first career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series victory. With the win, Hamlin became the 23rd driver in NASCAR history to win at least one race in each of its top three divisions in his career, and just the fourth to accomplish the feat in the same season. The 32-year-old driver returns to ‘The Paperclip’ for this year’s 200-lap event, and although he is once again driving for KBM, he’ll be behind the wheel of the team’s second entry – the #51 Toyota Tundra. Hamlin has started inside the top five in four of his five Truck Series starts and led 60 or more laps in each of his last three. The Virginia native has produced one Truck Series win and three top-10 finishes. KBM General Manager Rick Ren, who with 27 victories is the winningest crew chief in Truck Series history, will be calling the shots for the #51 Tundra team.(Kyle Busch Motorsports PR)(10-24-2012)
- Sellers returns to Martinsville with TurnOne Racing: Virginia native, Peyton Sellers, will return to the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series for this weekend’s Kroger 200 at Martinsville Speedway. Sellers will pilot the #60 N-FAB/Pembleton Forest Products/St. Lawrence Radiology Chevrolet Silverado for TurnOne Racing. This event marks Seller’s first NCWTS start in 2012. Sellers, the 2005 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series National Champion, who was born and raised 30 minutes from the speedway in Danville, VA, will attempt to make his seventh career NCWTS start and his second series start at the 0.526-mile speedway. In addition to this being a hometown race for Sellers, it is also familiar ground for TurnOne Racing’s owner, Stacy Compton, who resides in nearby Hurt, VA. We are proud to bring N-FAB, an online truck accessory company, on board the #60 TurnOne Racing Chevrolet this weekend. We’re really looking forward to introducing them to the sport and getting them exposure up front, said Sellers. I’m also thankful that Pembleton Forest Products is on the hood; they are a big part of what got me here this weekend. In addition to those great supporters, St. Lawrence Radiology, who has been a Late Model partner all year, stepped-up to help us out this weekend and we are so proud to represent them.(Sellers Racing PR)(10-24-2012)
- Gresham back with ESR’s #8 for Martinsville; image added: Max Gresham will be back in the #8 Made In USA Brand Chevrolet for Eddie Sharp Racing. In commemorating Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Eddie Sharp Racing teams will “go pink” for the 200-lap event at Martinsville Speedway. Gresham will run a special pink paint scheme in honor of his grandmother, Mary Jane Siggins, who is a breast cancer survivor. The change to a Pink Silverado paint scheme had the full support of his partner, the Made In USA Brand, as well as Eddie Sharp Racing. Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race will be the third career start for Gresham at Martinsville with the series, including a 19th-place finish there on March 31 for Joe Dennette Racing. He also has one NASCAR K&N Pro Series East start at the historic track, finishing 14th. Saturday’s Kroger 200 will be the third of five selected starts for Gresham this season with Eddie Sharp Racing. Other scheduled starts will be at the Texas Motor Speedway and the season-ending race at the Homestead-Miami Speedway.(Gresham/ESR PR) [Rendering of the #8 Made In USA Brand truck is posted on the #8 NCWTS 2012 Paint Schemes page.](10-24-2012)
- Lofton again to champion Breast Cancer Awareness with pink scheme: Supporting National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Lofton will be running the same pink paint scheme on the #6 Weekend Warriors Productions / Lofton Cattle Chevrolet Silverado that the team ran at Talladega Superspeedway earlier this month. In what has become a common scene among professional athletes during the month of October, Lofton joins several other NCWTS drivers and teams in showing his support for the cause. In the spring Martinsville race, Lofton finished in fourth-place.(Lofton/ESR PR) [Paint scheme is posted on the #6 NCWTS 2012 Paint Schemes page.](10-24-2012)
- Enfinger & Allgaier Motorsports team up for Martinsville: UPDATE team tests at ‘Little Rock’ to prepare: Fresh off a third-place finish in last weekend’s ARCA event at Kansas Speedway, Grant Enfinger heads to Martinsville, VA for the NCWTS Kroger 200 at Martinsville Speedway on Saturday, October 27. Enfinger will be driving the #36-RAM for Allgaier Motorsports, with team owner Mike Allgaier and Kelly Kovski as crew chief. This will be the second time that Allgaier and Enfinger have teamed up for the fall Martinsville race.(Grant Enfinger Racing)(10-22-2012)
UPDATE: “Allgaier Motorsports spent the time and money for a full day of testing yesterday at the “Little Rock” at Rockingham Speedway” said Enfinger. “The Speedway built, behind the main track facility, a short track which is a close duplication of Martinsville. We spent the entire day Tuesday, along with Matt Kenseth in his Cup car, making laps and adjusting the truck, so that we will be fully prepared for this weekend. We made a lot of progress and I think we will be in the ballpark when we unload tomorrow.”(Grant Enfinger Racing PR)(10-24-2012)
- Grime Boss to sponsor White for five races: Grime Boss Heavy Duty Hand Wipes “with Power”, a brand from Nice Pak, will sponsor the #23 Ford F-150 driven by Jason White for five NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races during the 2012 and 2013 seasons, beginning with the Oct. 27 race at Martinsville. Grime Boss will be the primary sponsor at Martinsville. In addition to Martinsville, White is slated to carry Grime Boss major sponsorship at Texas, Phoenix, and Homestead-Miami, with one additional race TBD in 2013. To commemorate Grime Boss primary sponsorship on the #23 Jason White entry at Martinsville, and because the #23 team utilizes Roush Yates Ford FR9 engines, Roush Yates Performance Products will offer a week-long promotion of Grime Boss Heavy Duty Hand Wipes product. Between Saturday Oct. 27 and Saturday Nov. 3. Nice-Pak, founded in 1955 and headquartered in Orangeburg, NY is the largest global producer of pre-moistened wipes.(GB Racing PR)(10-23-2012)
- Riggs to the #92 for RBR at Martinsville: When the Ricky Benton Racing Enterprises team returns to NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) action this weekend at Martinsville Speedway, veteran driver Scott Riggs will be behind the wheel of the #92 BTS Tire and Wheel Distributors/ fleetHQ.com/QMI Chevrolet Silverado. Riggs is no stranger to the half-mile paperclip in Southwest Va. In addition to his extensive NASCAR Cup Series experience at the track, the Bahama, N.C.native collected his first of five truck series wins of the 2001 season at the track. Veteran crew chief Dave Fuge takes over as crew chief of the #92 for the event. The #92 entry has made six NCWTS starts in 2012 with drivers David Reutimann and Chad McCumbee. The team will make a decision on the three remaining races this season after Martinsville.(RBR PR)(10-24-2012)
- Harvick returns to RCR’s #2 at Martinsville: Kevin Harvick returns to the driver’s seat of the #2 RCR Kroger/Tide Chevrolet Silverado for his final Camping World Truck Series appearance of the 2012 season. Since 1998, the Bakersfield, Calif., native has made a total of 14 Truck Series starts at Martinsville Speedway. During those appearances, Harvick has collected two pole awards (March of 2010 and 2012), three wins (March of 2009, 2010 and 2012), seven top-five and nine top-10 finishes. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series regular has earned an average starting position of 7.1, an average finishing position of 9.4, has completed 97 percent of the laps contested (3,212 of 3,310) and is credited with 483 laps led. Harvick will pilot Chassis #058 from the Richard Childress Racing NASCAR Camping World Truck Series stable. Harvick drove this Chevrolet to Victory Lane after starting from the pole position and leading all but two laps of the March event at the half-mile short track.(Richard Childress Racing PR)(10-23-2012)
- Ryan Truex to make first truck start; image added: Ryan Truex is set to make his first career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start this weekend at Martinsville Speedway. Truex will pilot the #27 Hillman Racing Chevrolet Silverado in the Kroger 200. So far in 2012, the 20-year-old competitor has made nine NASCAR Nationwide Series starts where he has earned one pole, one top-five and four top-10 finishes. While this weekend Truex will compete in the Truck Series for the first time, it will not be his first start at the famed Virginia paperclip. Truex has one K&N East Pro Series start at the half-mile track where he started fourth, led 30 laps and brought home a second-place finish in the 2010 rain shortened event. He went on that season to claim his second consecutive K&N East Pro Series championship. This weekend Ryan will become the third Truex family member to make a start in one of NASCAR’s three national touring series at Martinsville Speedway. Along with Ryan making his first career Truck Series start, father Martin Truex has three Nationwide Series career starts (1989 spring/fall and 1990), while older brother Martin Truex Jr. has 13 Sprint Cup Series starts to his credit. Martinsville Speedway joins the list of only three tracks (New Hampshire Motor Speedway and Watkins Glen International) on the current NASCAR national series schedule where the three Truex family members have competed in a national series event. [Rendering of the #27-The Classic at The Rock Chevrolet is posted on the #27 NCWTS 2012 Paint Scheme page.](Ryan Truex PR)(10-23-2012)
- Great Clips returns to Buescher’s #31: James Buescher and the #31 Great Clips Chevrolet Silverado team return to the paperclip short track of Martinsville Speedway. Coming off a third-place finish at the series biggest track, Talladega Superspeedway, Buescher looks to continue his Championship hunt. Turner Motorsports long-time sponsor, Great Clips, is back once again on the sides of the #31 Chevrolet Silverado. After starting ninth in the Martinsville Spring race, Buescher finished third.(Turner Motorsports PR)(10-23-2012)
- Ty Dillon Martinsville Notes: This week’s 200-lap event marks Ty Dillon’s second appearance at Martinsville Speedway in the Camping World Truck Series. The 20-year-old driver qualified the #3 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet in the second position and remained a fixture in the top-three for the entire 250-lap affair at the half-mile short track. Dillon led for two laps en route to a second-place finish in his first Camping World Truck Series appearance at the Martinsville, Va.-based facility. Dillon remains the leader of the 2012 Camping World Truck Series driver championship point standings, ahead of second-place driver by one point. Throughout the course of the last 18 Camping World Truck Series races, Dillon has one win (Atlanta Motor Speedway), three pole awards (Charlotte Motor Speedway, Atlanta Motor Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway), six top-five and 16 top-10 finishes. The Welcome, N.C., native holds an average starting position of 5.2 and a seventh-place average finishing position. He has completed 99.9 percent (2,730 of 2,732) of the contested laps and led for 142 circuits.(Richard Childress Racing)(10-23-2012)
- George to drive #93 at Martinsville: Tim George Jr. will pilot the #93 Chevrolet with the familiar Applebee’s/Potomac Family Dining Group colors this weekend in the Kroger 200, instead of the #2 Chevrolet. Crew chief Gere Kennon will call the shots for George and his RCR pit crew will service the truck during the 200-lap affair. George will make his first appearance at the half-mile facility in the Camping World Truck Series. However, the New York City native competed in the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Late Model event at Martinsville Speedway last weekend under the Team Dillon Racing banner. With engine problems plaguing the team, George didn’t advance into the feature race on Sunday afternoon.(Richard Childress Racing PR)(10-23-2012)
- Merrell & Win-Tron Racing make series debut at Martinsville: Officials from Win-Tron Racing have announced that they will field an entry for this Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event at Martinsville Speedway. Matt Merrell, the Portland, Texas native who scored his inaugural ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards victory last July at Berlin Raceway, has been tapped to drive the #35 Win-Tron Racing Chevrolet Silverado. Currently, the Lakeville, Minnesota-based team plans to run a limited NASCAR Camping World Truck Series schedule next year in addition to another championship run in ARCA. Veteran NCWTS and current ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards crew chief Mark Rette will call the shots for Merrell on Saturday afternoon.(Win-Tron Racing PR)(10-23-2012)
- Piquet Martinsville preview; truck image added: Nelson Piquet Jr. and the #30 Qualcomm/Bell Helmets team will unload chassis TMS-225 for this weekend’s event at Martinsville Speedway. TMS-225 is a brand-new chassis for the Turner Motorsports team. TMS- 225 briefly saw action on the track last week for a day of testing at the Motor Mile Speedway in Fairlawn, VA. Piquet Jr. has had three previous starts at NASCAR’s smallest track, and claimed his best finish in the spring of this year when he captured his first top-10 of the 2012 season. Piquet Jr.’s Chevy Silverado bed top will be adorned by Bell Helmets and 140 Buzz for 200 laps around Martinsville Speedway this coming weekend. Still time to donate … with the help of Alpinestars and NY-based artist Claw Money, Piquet Jr. has raised over $1000 so far through eBay Giving Works for the Susan G. Komen foundation. There is still time to donate; details available on Facebook – Turner Motorsports. [Rendering of the #30 Qualcomm/Bell Helmets/140 Buzz Chevrolet is posted on the #30 NCWTS 2012 Paint Schemes page.](Turner Motorsports PR)(10-23-2012)
- Hornaday heads to Martinsville with Armour/AM FM-Energy onboard; image added: Joe Denette Motorsports welcomes back sponsor AM FM-Energy.com, based in Amherst, VA to the #9 Chevrolet Silverado. AM FM-Energy is celebrating its seventh year in business as a leader in alternative energy solutions. Armour-Star is also on board. The last time Hornaday teamed up with ARMOUR Foods, the four-time champion went to victory lane at Atlanta Motor Speedway (2011). Hornaday competed in the inaugural NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event at Martinsville Speedway on September 25, 1995, and has led 311 laps at the speedway en route to one win (October 2010) and one pole award (October 2008) as well as 10 top-five and 13 top-10 finishes in 20 starts at the Virginia half-mile.(Joe Denette Motorsports PR)(10-22-2012)
UPDATE: Rendering of the #9 AM FM-Energy.com/Armour/AKL Insurance Chevrolet is posted on the #9 NCWTS 2012 Paint Schemes page.(10-23-2012)
- Richards to pilot #5 Wauters Motorsports Ford at Martinsville: Josh Richards, two-time World of Outlaws Champion, will take to the Martinsville Speedway in the #5 Wauters Motorsports Ford F150 in the running of the Kroger 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race Saturday, October 27, 2012. Richards has one previous NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start on the .526-mile short track in Martinsville, Virginia. Team owner, Richie Wauters, has three top-five and seven top-10 finishes in his tenure as a crew chief at Martinsville Speedway.(Wauters Motorsports PR)(10-22-2012)
- Scott returns to #18 for Martinsville: For the first time since the 2009 season, Brian Scott will take to the .526-mile oval at Martinsville Speedway. Scott will be making his fourth of five starts this season for Kyle Busch Motorsports, driving the #18 Tundra with primary sponsorship from Shore Lodge – the premiere resort in Central Idaho and a quintessential mountain retreat located on the southern shores of the stunningly beautiful Payette Lake in McCall, Idaho – in Saturday’s Kroger 200. The last time Scott piloted the #18 Toyota, he led 14 laps and scored a top-five finish in the Kentucky 201 at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta last month. His top-10 finish at Kentucky is one of five straight for KBM’s flagship Tundra, which has gained four spots, moving from 11th to seventh, in the Truck Series Owner’s point standings during that span. Helping the rise in the point standings has been the bonus points accumulated from running up front. After pacing the field just once over the first 11 races of the season, the team has led at least one lap in six of the last seven races and led the most laps in two of those events.(Kyle Busch Motorsports PR)(10-22-2012)
- Peters brings local support to home track: Beginning the final four race stretch into the season finale in November, Timothy Peters and the #17 Red Horse Racing team head to Martinsville Speedway on Saturday in the midst of a tight race for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series championship. Peters, who resides in nearby Danville, Virginia, has one previous win, 4 top-fives, 8 top-ten in thirteen starts at the speedway. Peters and the #17 Red Horse Racing team will have backing from three local organizations this weekend at Martinsville Speedway. Nelson Toyota in Martinsville, Virginia, Strutmasters.com out of Roxboro, North Carolina and Thunder Road Harley Davidson in Danville, Virginia, will be on Peters’ Toyota Tundra at the driver’s home track.(Red Horse Racing PR)(10-22-2012)
- Blaney to make first Martinsville start with BKR: Ryan Blaney, driver of the #29 Draw-Tite RAM, will make his sixth career start in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season on Saturday afternoon at Martinsville Speedway. This weekend, the #29 Brad Keselowski Racing RAM will feature Draw-Tite as its primary sponsor. Saturday afternoon will mark Blaney’s first career start at Martinsville Speedway in any NASCAR series race. The #29 team sits fifth in the owner point standings trailing the leading #3 entry by 54 points heading into race 19of 22 of the 2012 season.(Brad Keselowski Racing PR)(10-22-2012)
- NASCAR announces 2013 competition changes: NASCAR today announced a number of competition changes for the 2013 season, highlighted by a new qualifying format in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series that places a greater emphasis on speed. Below is a breakdown of next season’s slate of competition updates for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series:
Qualifying format: Provisional positions in the NASCAR Sprint Cup, NASCAR Nationwide and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will be based upon the previous year’s owner points for the first three races, as opposed to the first five races in previous years for the NASCAR Sprint Cup and the NASCAR Nationwide Series, and four races for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
Testing policy: For the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, starting in 2013, there will be up to two tests per organization at tracks where those series compete. If the organization has an official Sunoco Rookie of Year candidate, then that team will receive one additional test. Additionally, NASCAR will open track activity early for extended practice at two additional events per series, to be determined.
Maximum field: The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will hold steady at 36.(NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications)(10-16-2012)
- Toyota teams testing at The Motor Mile: Todd Bodine, Parker Kligerman, Timothy Peters, Brian Scott, Drew Herring and John Wes Townley are testing at The Motor Mile in Radford, Va. today (Tuesday Oct. 16) in preparation for next weekend’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Martinsville Speedway.(10-16-2012)
- NASCAR & Fox Sports reach new agreement; trucks included: With two full seasons left on their current television contract, NASCAR and FOX Sports Media Group (FSMG) announced today an extensive new eight-year, multiplatform media rights agreement that ensures FSMG’s broadcast of NASCAR racing through 2022. Under terms of the new agreement, FSMG also significantly increases its digital rights to include “TV Everywhere” live race streaming of its portion of the season for the first time ever beginning in 2013. As part of the new agreement, which takes effect in 2015, FSMG retains the television rights to 13 consecutive NASCAR Sprint Cup Series points races beginning each year with the prestigious Daytona 500. In addition, FSMG retains the rights to the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race, the Daytona Shootout, the Duel at Daytona, the entire NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season and practice and qualifying for both the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races that FSMG broadcasts. Listed among FSMG’s new and expanded television and digital media rights agreement with NASCAR includes: Full NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season; right to televise all practice and qualifying sessions for FSMG races. On the digital front, FSMG gains “TV Everywhere” rights starting next season to live stream all FSMG races, along with pre- and post-race coverage, race highlights and in-progress race highlights to events it televises. This portion of the deal was made possible by NASCAR’s reacquisition of operational, business and editorial control of its digital platform, a move that takes effect on Jan. 1, 2013.(NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications)(10-15-2012)
- Gale helps breast cancer survivors turn Martinsville Speedway’s curbs pink: Cale Gale, who competes in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, helped a group of breast cancer survivors paint Martinsville Speedway’s curbs pink to mark National Breast Cancer Awareness month and help bring more attention to the cause. The curbs will remain pink during the Virginia is for Racing Lovers 300 Late Model Stock race on October 21, the Kroger 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race on October 27, and the TUMS Fast Relief 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup race on October 28. The Young Survival Coalition was the first nonprofit organization to focus exclusively on the unique needs of young women diagnosed with breast cancer. Gale had help in painting the curbs from four breast cancer survivors form the Martinsville-Henry County area that are part of the Martinsville and Henry County Coalition for Health and Wellness. This was the second year that Martinsville Speedway turned its iconic curbs pink as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.(Martinsville Speedway)(10-12-2012)
- UNOH extends Kentucky partnership through 2015: The University of Northwestern Ohio (UNOH) will be the title sponsor for Kentucky Speedway’s UNOH 225 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event though 2015 under the terms of an extended corporate partnership. The third UNOH 225 in Kentucky Speedway history will open a tripleheader NASCAR weekend on Thursday, June 27, 2013. The NASCAR Nationwide Series Feed The Children 300 will follow on Friday, June 28 and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Quaker State 400 will provide the weekend finale on Saturday, June 29. Located in Lima, Ohio, UNOH grants master’s, baccalaureate, and associate degrees through its Colleges of Applied Technologies, Business, Occupational Professions, Health Professions, and Graduate Programs along with online degree options. The College of Applied Technologies prepares students for careers in the motorsports and automotive industries through specialized automotive, high performance motorsports, diesel, agricultural, and alternate fuels programs. The UNOH College of Applied Technologies has built a storied motorsports history through its involvement in the ARCA Racing Series, three NASCAR national touring series, and events such as the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour UNOH Perfect Storm 150 contested at the Bristol Motor Speedway. Kentucky Speedway will support the event entitlement with a wide array of promotional activities. The 2013 UNOH 225 will be the 16th NCWTS event in Kentucky Speedway history. (Kentucky Speedway PR)(10-12-2012)
- Talladega truck images added: Added a few photos from Talladega including; #7-Parker Kligerman,TOYOTA / Red Horse Racing Toyota, #5-Aric Almirola, Jordan Truck Sales/Bullet Liner/FOAMETIX Ford, #31-James Buescher, Koike Aronson Ransome Chevrolet, #3-Ty Dillon, Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Boats Chevrolet, #18-Rick Crawford, BRG Motorsport/Lilly Trucking Toyota, #22-Joey Coulter, Husky Liners Chevrolet, #33-Cale Gale, Rheem Chasing the Cure Chevrolet, #18-Kurt Busch, Dollar General Toyota, #6-Justin Lofton, Lofton Cattle Chevrolet, #30-Nelson Piquet Jr., Alpinestars / Breast Cancer Awareness Chevrolet, #2-Tim George Jr., Applebee’s Chevrolet, #31-German Quiroga, NET10 Wireless Toyota, #1-Donnie Neurenberger, Eagle Convenience Stores Chevrolet. Check them out by clicking on the individual link or via the 2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Paint Schemes page.(10-11-2012)
- Gresham returns to home track before Martinsville: Max Gresham stands to upset Thomas Wolfe’s famous adage; He is going home again. “Although we’re looking forward to our next race with Eddie Sharp Racing in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Martinsville Speedway, a driver never really forgets his roots,” the 19 year-old driver from Griffin, Ga., said. “In my case, that means a return to the short tracks. And my favorite, of course, is Gresham Motorsports Park. It’s always a thrill to go back to the half-mile track I am proud to call home.” Gresham will drive the #8 PitBoxes.com Late Model stock car for Ronnie Sanders Racing in the JEGS Pro Late Model 50 on Saturday, October 13th. Car owner Ronnie Sanders is a living legend on the short tracks of Georgia with a strong tradition of winning. Despite running a limited NASCAR schedule, Gresham often comes home to be part of the weekly shows at Gresham Motorsports Park. Saturday’s race will be his fourth in the Pro Late Model class this year. He has one victory this season in a Pro Late Model at Mobile International Speedway, as well as a fourth- and 14th-place finish.(Max Gresham PR) [For more race details, see the Jayski Driver Appearances page.](10-10-2012)
- NASCAR penalizes #57 team for Talladega infraction: NASCAR has penalized the #57 team in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series as a result of rule infractions discovered during opening day inspection last Thursday, Oct. 4 at Talladega Superspeedway. The #57 truck was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4J (any determination by NASCAR Officials that race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules detailed in Section 20B of the NASCAR Rule Book, or has not been approved by NASCAR prior to the Event); Section 20B-2.3A: (any weight added to the truck must be bolted inside the body shell in an approved weight container and in a position acceptable to NASCAR Officials: Improperly attached weight to the truck bed cover) of the 2012 NASCAR rule book. As a result, crew chief Ted Walters has been fined $5,000, and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.(NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications)(10-9-2012)
- Scott returns to the #18 for Martinsville: Brian Scott makes his fourth Truck Series start for KBM when the Truck Series returns to action Saturday, Oct. 27, driving the Shore Lodge Tundra in the Kroger 200 at Martinsville Speedway. The race begins at 1:30pm/et, with SPEED’s live coverage commencing with the NCWTS Setup Show at 1:00pm/et.(Kyle Busch Motorsports PR)(10-9-2012)
- Talladega TV ratings clumb as points leaders head to Martinsville separated by one point: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series rookie Ty Dillon, grandson of legendary NASCAR team owner Richard Childress, escaped his inaugural race at Talladega Superspeedway with a one-point lead over James Buescher, making it the closest points race in series history at this point in the season. With just four races remaining, Dillon, who won the ARCA Racing Series championship as a rookie last season, and whose brother, Austin, won the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series title last year, is also keeping an eye on the rest of the top five — Timothy Peters (26 points behind), Talladega winner Parker Kligerman (-34) and RCR teammate Joey Coulter (-50). And according to Nielsen Media Research, SPEED audiences are tuning in to see how things play out. Ratings for the NCWTS race at Talladega (.84) were up 31% from last year’s equivalent race weekend from Las Vegas (.64). It was the highest-rated Trucks race with M18-49 in over four months, and during the time period of the Trucks race, SPEED was the seventh highest rated network in basic cable with Households (0.84), third highest among M35-54 (0.75), and fifth highest among M18-49 (0.39). The popular pre-race show, NCWTS Setup, also enjoyed year-to-year ratings growth, jumping 38% above last season’s equivalent weekend.(SPEEDtv PR)(10-9-2012)
- Monday Rundown — Racing Resources:
*Parker Kligerman won the Fred’s 250 at Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday. It was his first Truck series win in his 44th start. He’d finished second five times before getting his first win.
*Kligerman is the eighth first-time winner of 2012, a series record. He is the first driver to get his first win at Talladega.
*Kligerman’s pit crew changed a battery during a Lap 79 stop. The driver restarted 21st on Lap 81.
*Kligerman led once for the final two laps, the fewest led by a winner at Talladega.
*Red Horse Racing posted its 10th victory in its 300th start and fourth win of 2012. It was RHR’s first victory at Talladega.
*Toyota picked up its sixth win of 2012 and fifth victory overall at Talladega.
*Johnny Sauder (second) had his best Talladega finish in his fourth race. His previous best was third in 2010.
*James Buescher (third) finished a career-best third at Talladega for the second straight year.
*Ty Dillon finished fourth in his first Talladega race, his sixth top-5 finish in 2012, including four in the past five races.
*Ryan Blaney finished fifth in his first Talladega race, his second top-5 finish in his fifth career Truck series start.
*German Quiroga finished eighth in his first Talladega start, his first career top-10 finish in his third Truck series start.(ESPN.com)(10-8-2012)
- NASCAR looking at Canadian race to replace Montreal: Francois Dumontier, promoter of the NASCAR event on the city-owned road course in Montreal, announced Friday that the popular Nationwide race held there since 2007 would not be back next season. He cited financial reasons for the decision. Steve O’Donnell, NASCAR’s senior vice president for racing operations, said the league is hoping to fill that gap with another national-series race in Canada next year, most likely a Camping World Truck Series event. “Certainly we want to be in Canada in some capacity, either Trucks or Nationwide next year,” O’Donnell said by telephone Friday. “That’s a hugely important market to us. We’ve got some work to do certainly to make that happen. But we’ve got no complaints certainly about the fan base that turns out for the event.” O’Donnell called a potential Truck Series event in Canada “fairly realistic” for next season, although he declined to name the potential venue. “We’ve got a good shot at that,” he added. “Nationwide, a much longer shot. You may be looking at 2014 for that. But I feel fairly good about our ability to bring a Truck event up to Canada in 2013.”(NASCAR.com)(10-6-2012)
- Whitt joins Hillman Racing’s #27; double-duty at Talladega: Hillman Racing today announced that Cole Whitt will drive the #27 Hillman Racing entry this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. Whitt, the 21-year-old development driver for the Dale Earnhardt Jr-owned JR Motorsports in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, will pilot the #27 www.LittleJoesAutos.com Chevrolet Silverado in Saturday’s Fred’s 250. Whitt enters the weekend event with 26 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts to his credit, in addition to 31 NASCAR Nationwide Series and 6 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts. Whitt, who will make his first start for Hillman Racing, also will compete in Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Talladega in the #33 www.LittleJoesAutos.com Chevrolet Impala for Circle Sport. In 25 truck series starts in 2011, Whitt recorded 11 top-10s with a season’s-best second-place finish at Dover in addition to a pole at Darlington. Veteran crew chief Jason Overstreet has also joined the organization to help call the shots this weekend.(Hillman Racing PR)(10-5-2012)
- Goodyear Tire Notes — Talladega: Teams in both NASCAR series in action at Talladega this weekend will run the same tire codes, though the Sprint Cup tires will be branded “Goodyear Eagle,” while the Camping World Truck tires will be branded “Goodyear Wrangler” . . . this is the same combination of left- and right-side tires that teams in NASCAR’s top three series have run at Talladega since the beginning of 2011 . . . NASCAR teams have also run this same tire set-up at Daytona over the last two seasons . . . this left-side tire code (D-4138) has been run by Sprint Cup teams at Talladega since 2009 . . . as on all NASCAR ovals greater than one mile in length, teams are required to run inner liners in all four tire positions at Talladega . . . air pressure in those inner liners should be 12-25 psi greater than that of the outer tire.(Goodyear PR) [Complete tire specs are posted on the Talladega Race Info page.](10-5-2012)
- Matt Crafton — Talladega preview: Matt Crafton and the #88 Goof Off/Menards Toyota Tundra head to Talladega Superspeedway for the Fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola on Saturday, October 6th. Crafton has been racing trucks at this speedway since 2006 with his best finish of 4th in 2010. “I really enjoy the actual racing at Talladega and being at that track, but there’s also a part of you that is always a little anxious going there because so much of what happens there is outside of your control,” said Crafton. “It’s all about finding the right people to work with, developing a plan and making sure you’re still on the track for the checkered flag.” After his second place finish last weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Crafton now stands in the sixth spot in the 2012 Camping World Truck Series driver championship point standings, three points out of fourth.(Thorsport PR)(10-5-2012)
- Almirola to pilot #5 for Wauters Motorsports: UPDATE image added: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver, Aric Almirola returns to Wauters Motorsports driving the #5 Jordan Truck Sales (JTS) Ford F150. Almirola and team owner Richie Wauters, have two second-place finishes together at the 2.66-mile superspeedway and look to pick up the victory in the running of the Fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola. Almirola has posted two top-five finishes in three starts in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at the Talladega, Alabama racetrack. Wauters, as crew chief, has scored one victory (Kyle Busch, 2009) and four top-five finishes in six just six starts. Almirola notched Wauters Motorsports best run in the 2012 Camping World Truck Series at Atlanta Motor Speedway with a fifth-place finish. The fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, is slated for Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 3:30pm/et.(Wauters Motorsports)(10-2-2012)
UPDATE: Rendering of the #5 Jordan Truck Sales Ford is posted on the #5 NCWTS Paint Schemes page.(10-4-2012)
UPDATE 2: Bullet Liner and FOAMETIX join Jordan Truck Sales as sponsors on the #5 Wauters Motorsports Ford F150 piloted by Aric Almirola for the running of the Fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Talladega Superspeedway Saturday, October 6, 2012.(Wauters Motorsports PR)(10-5-2012)
- KOMA Unwind to sponsor Cobb at Talladega: Bebida Beverage Company announced today the company will join forces once again with NASCAR driver /owner Jennifer Jo Cobb for this week’s NASCAR Camping World Truck series event at the famed Talladega SuperSpeedway. Jennifer Jo will pilot the KOMA UNWIND liquid relaxation #10 RAM on Saturday. The race wil be televised live on Speed on Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 4:00pm/et.
- Hornaday Talladega preview: Anderson’s onboard: UPDATE image added: The #9 Joe Denette Motorsports team Anderson’s Maple Syrup Chevrolet Silverado team will unload chassis No. 10 for this weekend’s NCWTS event at Talladega Superspeedway. This is a brand new chassis from the JDM stables and will make its debut in the fred’s 250 on Saturday night In 35 superspeedway starts, Ron Hornaday Jr. has yet to win on a track two miles or more in length. However, after pushing Mike Wallace to victory lane in 2011, Hornaday, who finished second, has high hopes of changing the history books in this weekend’s fred’s 250 powered by Coca-Cola. Hornaday has had no shortage of luck at the 2.66-mile tri-oval. The all-time series race winner has posted one pole and led 50 laps on his way to two top-five and three top-ten finishes in six starts at the Alabama superspeedway. Hornaday has an average start of 9.5 coupled with an average finish of 9.8 and has completed 98.9 percent of laps attempted.(Joe Denette Motorsports PR)(10-2-2012)
UPDATE: Rendering of the #9 Anderson’s Pure Maple Syrup / fred’s Chevrolet is posted on the #9 NCWTS 2012 Paint Schemes page.(10-4-2012)
- Melon 1 returns to the SS Green Light Racing #08: Ross Chastain is ready to get back up on the wheel this weekend as the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series heads to the largest and fastest track that the series visit’s every year. After several weeks without primary sponsorship, Melon 1 returns to the hood of Chastain’s SS Green Light Racing Toyota and Ross and the team are excited for opportunity to show how good they can be while trying to avoid “The Big One” at the 2.66 mile Talladega Superspeedway. “I’m really happy to have Melon 1 on board this week and to be able to go out and race hard for them,” Chastain concluded. “We are still looking for more help with the Texas and Phoenix races.” Johnny Chapman will pilot the Wear Your Gear/Bobber.info #07 for SS Green Light Racing on Saturday.(SS Green Light Racing PR)(10-4-2012)
- Red Horse Racing celebrates start number 300 at Talladega: Red Horse Racing and owner Tom DeLoach will be celebrating start number 300 this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway with the # 7, 11 and 17 entries. Since its inception in 2005, Red Horse Racing has celebrated nine victories; four of which have come thus far in 2012. The organization has steadily created a name for itself as a consistent contender in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, showing exceptional performance this season in particular by scoring 18 of its 36 top-five finishes in the first 17 races.(Red Horse Racing PR)(10-3-2012)
- Gale’s #33 goes pink and black for breast cancer awareness; image added: For the second year in a row, Rheem has launched Rheem Chasing the Cure-a month-long program benefitting the Young Survival Coalition. The YSC is an organization dedicated to the critical issues unique to young women who are diagnosed with breast cancer. During National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Rheem will orchestrate a multi-faceted program designed to raise funds for YSC while promoting breast cancer awareness. Fans are invited to share their stories illustrating personal victories over breast cancer by posting a video on the Rheem Racing Facebook page. The Rheem Chasing the Cure video contest, which runs through Oct. 21, will give one lucky fan the chance to win a Rheem Racing VIP experience for two during the 2013 NASCAR season. [For complete details, see the Jayski Contest page.] The #33 Rheem Chasing the Cure Chevrolet driven by Cale Gale in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will have a new look this weekend as it turns pink and black to promote breast cancer awareness. The Eddie Sharp Racing Silverado will highlight Rheem’s Chasing the Cure program throughout the month of October including the Coca-Cola 250 presented by fred’s at Talladega Superspeedway and the Kroger 200 at Martinsville Speedway. For the second time, Gale will return to his home state of Alabama to compete at the 2.66-mile Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday afternoon. Gale grew up just 250 miles south of the speedway in Mobile, Alabama.(Eddie Sharp Racing PR) [Image of the #33-Rheem’s Chasing the Cure Chevrolet is posted on the #33 NCWTS 2012 Paint Schemes page](10-3-2012)
- Lofton’s #6 goes pink to raise awareness: Justin Lofton and the #6 Weekend Warriors Productions / Lofton Cattle team will have a new look this weekend to raise awareness about breast cancer. The truck will add pink to its paint scheme for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races at Talladega Superspeedway and Martinsville Speedway during the month of October. The #6 Eddie Sharp Racing team hopes to utilize the platform to help raise awareness and educate NASCAR fans on the important role that early detection plays in the survival of one of the most common forms of cancer. With just five races remaining, the battle is on for the NCWTS championship. Lofton enters the Coca-Cola 250 powered by fred’s at Talladega Superspeedway in the seventh position, just 65 points out of the championship point lead, and 24 points behind fifth place.(Lofton/ESR PR)(10-3-2012)
- Kligerman to showcase Camp Horsin’ Around: Parker Kligerman, driver of the #7 Red Horse Racing Toyota, will have an organization close to his heart riding with him this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. Camp Horsin’ Around, a camp specifically designed to enrich the lives of children with serious, chronic illnesses and physical difficulties, will be displayed on the hood of his Tundra. Founded in 2002, Camp Horsin’ Around is seated in Kentucky’s Boyle and Mercer Counties on a 191-acre property. The facility includes cabins, a medical clinic, activity areas and much more. Children throughout Kentucky and surrounding states who suffer from illnesses including cancer, diabetes, asthma, kidney disease, heart ailments or other illnesses visit the camp that provides them the opportunity to spend time with other children who share their experiences. Camp Horsin’ Around provides campers a chance to have a camping experience that will help them live, laugh and love with others who truly understand.(Red Horse Racing PR)(10-3-2012)
- Quiroga making first 2012 start for KBM: UPDATE image added: Three-time NASCAR Mexico Series champion Germán Quiroga will pilot the #51 Tundra, with primary sponsorship from NET10 Wireless, beginning this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway and continuing with the final three stops on the 2012 schedule; Nov. 2 at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Nov. 9 at Phoenix International Raceway and Nov. 16 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. The #51 Tundra will also compete in the Kroger 200 at Martinsville Speedway with a driver and sponsor to be announced at a later date. Quiroga, three-time NASCAR Mexico Series Champion (2009 – 2011); is the only driver in series history to win multiple championships. He has collected 16 wins, 52 top-five and 60 top-10 finishes over 70 starts after the Mexico Series became officially sanctioned by NASCAR in 2007. KBM General Manager Rick Ren, who with 27 victories is the winningest crew chief in Truck Series history, will be calling the shots for the #51 Tundra team over the final five races of the season.(Kyle Busch Motorsports)(10-02-2012)
UPDATE:Rendering of the #51-Net10 Wireless Toyota is posted on the #51 NCWTS 2012 Paint Schemes page.(KBM PR)(10-3-2012)
- Points leader, Ty Dillon makes first Talladega truck start: This week’s 94-lap event marks the first appearance for Ty Dillon, driver of the #3-Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet for Richard Childress Racing, at Talladega Superspeedway in the Camping World Truck Series. However, the 20-year-old driver has made one previous start at the 2.66-mile track in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards where he made the trip to the Winner’s Circle. Dillon remains the leader of the 2012 Camping World Truck Series driver championship point standings, ahead of second-place driver by one point. Dillon lalso eads the 2012 Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings over driver Cale Gale. Throughout the course of the last 17 Camping World Truck Series races, Dillon has one win (Atlanta Motor Speedway), two pole awards, five top-five and 15 top-10 finishes. The Welcome, N.C., native holds an average starting position of 5.4 and a 7.2 average finishing position. He has completed 99.9 percent (2,636 of 2,638) of the contested laps and led for 117 circuits.(Richard Childress Racing PR)(10-2-2012)
- Husky Liners on board with Coulter at ‘Dega: Husky Liners will serve as the primary sponsor on Coulter’s #22 Chevrolet for the second time this season at Talladega Superspeedway. Husky Liners, founded by Bob Tyler in 1988 is among today’s most successful automotive accessory companies. Joey Coulter will pilot Chassis No. 027 from the Richard Childress Racing NASCAR Camping World Truck Series stable in Saturday’s Coca-Cola 250. This Chevrolet is a brand new RCR racer and will be put through its first paces on Friday during practice. With his third-place finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway last weekend, Coulter improved one position, to fourth, in the Camping World Truck Series driver championship point standings, 38 points behind the leader and RCR teammate Ty Dillon.(Richard Childress Racing PR)(10-2-2012)
- Silas to promote upcoming Rockingham races at Talladega: T3R Racing and driver Bryan Silas will promote upcoming and future races at Rockingham Speedway this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway with their #99 Ford F-150 in Saturday’s fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola. Next year’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event at the historic 1.0-mile oval will adorn the hood of the team’s entry while next month’s the Classic 3 Championship [November 3] presented by RCR Racing Museum will be displayed on the truck bed. The second-annual Rockingham Speedway 200 is set for Sunday, April 14, 2013. “It’s been a long road back since we bought this race track in 2007,” said Rockingham Speedway president Andy Hillenburg. “There were a few times along the way where I wasn’t sure we were going to make it. But when I looked up in the grandstands during driver introductions in April, it made me extremely proud. That was a very important day in the history of Rockingham Speedway, but it was just one step on the road. We’re moving forward, and I look forward to packing the grandstands next month and again next April.”(<a “=”” www.bryansilasracing.com=””>T3R Racing PR)(10-2-2012)
- George returns to RCR’s #2; first Talladega truck start: Tim George Jr. returns to Richard Childress Racing’s #2 Applebee’s Chevrolet Silverado for this Saturday’s fred’s 250 Presented by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway. George will make his first appearance at the 2.66-mile facility in the Camping World Truck Series. The New York City native has four starts at the track in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards earning one top-10 finish, a 15.2 average starting position and a 13.5 average finishing position.(Richard Childress Racing PR)(10-2-2012)
- Kurt Busch returns to KBM’s #18 at Talladega: Kurt Busch will get a second chance to put the Kyle Busch Motorsports flagship Tundra in victory lane this Saturday, when he pilots the #18 Dollar General Toyota in the Coca-Cola 250 at Talladega Superspeedway. It will be the Las Vegas native’s second career Truck Series start on a superspeedway, but first at the historic 2.66-mile Tri-oval. In his lone restrictor plate start in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series — which also happened to be his first-ever NASCAR start — he rolled off from the 34th position in the 2000 season-opening race at Daytona International Speedway, but by race’s end had maneuvered his way into a runner-up finish.(Kyle Busch Motorsports PR)(10-2-2012)
- Koike Aronson returns to Buescher’s #31 at Talladega: James Buescher and the #31 Koike Aronson Ransome Chevrolet Silverado return to the high-banked superspeedway of Talladega. Buescher and the Turner Motorsports team are riding a wave of momentum after finishing a solid sixth place at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, and in the process, closed the championship points gap to just one point. Turner Motorsports welcomes back Koike Aronson Ransome to the #31 truck for Saturday afternoon’s race at Talladega Superspeedway. Koike Aronson Ransome designs and manufactures one of the world’s broadest lines of welding positioners and thermal cutting products, as well as supplying portable and gas apparatus equipment. Buescher currently sits second in the driver point standings; just one point behind the leader.(Turner Motorsports PR)(10-1-2012)
- Blaney returns to BKR’s #29 at Talladega: Ryan Blaney, driver of the #29 Draw-Tite RAM, will make his fifth career start in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season on Saturday afternoon for the fred’s 250 presented by Coca Cola at Talladega Superspeedway. The will be Blaney’s first superspeedway start in any NASCAR national series race. The #29 team sits sixth in the owner point standings trailing leader Richard Childress Racing’s #3 entry by 51 points heading into race 18 of 22 in the 2012 season.(Brad Keselowski Racing PR)(10-1-2012)
- Piquet and TAG Heuer join forces: Following his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series victory at Las Vegas on Saturday night, Nelson Piquet Jr is proud to announce a new partnership with TAG Heuer Avant-Garde Eyewear, which will see the celebrated Swiss brand emblazoned on Piquet’s NCWTS #30 Chevrolet Silverado, and on his helmet strip as the Brazilian guns for victories over the remainder of the 2012 season. The TAG Heuer brand is synonymous with high-performance and technology, which makes its partnerships in motorsport the perfect fit. TAG Heuer has long-term relationships with key ambassadors in Formula 1, NASCAR, Le Mans Sports cars and the World Rally Championship. It is now joining forces with Nelson Piquet Jr, a race winner in the NCWTS and NASCAR Nationwide Series.(Nelson Piquet Jr. PR)(10-1-2012)
Camping World Truck Series News Archives
[Listed by Month]
the Jayski site is housed at: