Top 10 Driver Ratings at Homestead
Kyle Larson……………………………. 109.3
Kevin Harvick…………………………. 106.8
Matt Kenseth………………………….. 106.8
Martin Truex Jr………………………. 104.1
Kyle Busch………………………………. 98.9
Chase Elliott…………………………….. 97.0
Denny Hamlin………………………….. 95.9
Jimmie Johnson……………………….. 95.2
Brad Keselowski………………………. 90.4
Joey Logano……………………………. 89.0
Note: Driver Ratings compiled from 2005-2017 races (13 total) among active drivers at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
· Groundbreaking for Homestead-Miami Dade Motorsports Complex – as the track was originally named – began Aug. 24, 1993.
· The first race held at Homestead-Miami Speedway was a NASCAR Xfinity Series event on Nov. 5, 1995 – won by NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett.
· The original configuration was a four-turn, rectangular oval based on Indianapolis Motor Speedway’s layout.
· The first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Homestead-Miami was held on Nov. 14, 1999 – won by Tony Stewart (Pontiac).
· 2002 was the first season the Championship Weekend was held at Homestead, with all three of NASCAR’s national series holding their season finale at the same track.
· Since the inception of the position-based points system in 1975, only four drivers have made up a points deficit in the season finale: Richard Petty in 1979 (made up two points on Darrell Waltrip), Alan Kulwicki in 1992 (made up 30 points on Davey Allison), Jimmie Johnson in 2010 (made up 15 points on Denny Hamlin) and Tony Stewart in 2011 (made up three points on Carl Edwards).
· There have been 19 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Homestead-Miami Speedway, one per season since 1999.
· A total of 135 different drivers have competed in at least one Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Homestead-Miami Speedway; 104 have competed in more than one.
· Matt Kenseth leads the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in starts at Homestead-Miami Speedway with 18. Jimmie Johnson, Kurt Busch and Kevin Harvick have 17 each.
· Casey Atwood (three starts) leads the Monster Energy Series in average starting position at Homestead with a 6.3.
· Ryan Blaney (three starts) leads all active drivers in the series in average starting position with a 8.3.
· A total of 14 different drivers have won a Busch Pole Award at Homestead-Miami Speedway, led by Kurt Busch, Carl Edwards, Jimmie Johnson and Kasey Kahne with two poles each.
· David Green won the first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series pole at Homestead-Miami Speedway in 1999 at a speed of 155.759 mph (34.669 sec.) in a Pontiac.
· Youngest Homestead-Miami pole winner: Joey Logano (11/18/2012 – 22 years, 5 months, 25 days).
· Oldest Homestead-Miami pole winner: Bill Elliott (11/11/2001 – 46 years, 1 month, 3 days).
· Jamie McMurray (November 2003) and David Reutimann (November 2008) won their first series career poles at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
· A total of 13 different Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race winners at Homestead-Miami Speedway; with four of the 13 having multiple wins.
· Greg Biffle and Tony Stewart lead the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in wins at Homestead-Miami Speedway with three wins each; followed by Carl Edwards and Denny Hamlin with two each.
· Of the four drivers with multiple wins at Homestead, Tony Stewart is the only driver to win in two different manufacturers: Pontiac (1999, 2000) and Chevrolet (2011).
· Two drivers have won consecutive races at Homestead-Miami: Tony Stewart (1999 – 2000) and Greg Biffle (2004 – 2006, three straight).
· Youngest Homestead winner: Kurt Busch (11/17/2002 – 24 years, 3 months, 13 days).
· Oldest Homestead winner: Bill Elliott (11/11/2001 – 46 years, 1 month, 3 days).
· Roush Fenway Racing leads the series in wins at Homestead-Miami with seven, followed by Joe Gibbs Racing with six.
· Two of the 19 (10.5%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Homestead-Miami Speedway have been won from the pole: Bill Elliott (2001) and Kurt Busch (2002).
· Six of the 19 (31.5%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Homestead-Miami have been won from the front row: two from the pole and four from the second starting position.
· Denny Hamlin won the 2009 race from the 38th-place starting position, the furthest back a race winner has started at HMS.
· Tony Stewart (1999) is the only driver to win at Homestead-Miami in his first appearance.
Additional Finishing Positions
· A total of 16 different Monster Energy Series drivers have finished runner-up at Homestead-Miami Speedway, led by Kevin Harvick with three second-place finishes; followed by Jimmie Johnson with two.
· A total of 36 different Monster Energy Series drivers have finished in the top-five at Homestead-Miami, led by Kevin Harvick with nine top fives; followed by Jeff Gordon (seven), Carl Edwards and Jimmie Johnson (with five each).
· A total of 53 different Monster Energy Series drivers have finished in the top-10 at Homestead-Miami, led by Kevin Harvick with 15 top 10s; followed by Jeff Gordon (13), and Jimmie Johnson (11).
· Kevin Harvick leads the series in average finish position at Homestead-Miami Speedway with a 6.764
Track / Event Specific Stats
· Since the advent of electronic scoring the closest margin of victory in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Homestead-Miami Speedway is the November 20, 2005 race won by Greg Biffle with a MOV of 0.017 seconds over second-place Mark Martin.
Track / Event Specific Stats
· Qualifying has never been cancelled due to weather conditions at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
· None of the 19 series races at Homestead-Miami Speedway have been shortened due to weather.
· Three of the 19 series races at Homestead-Miami Speedway have ended under NASCAR Overtime.
· Danica Patrick became the first and only female driver to compete in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
NASCAR in Florida
· There have been 312 NASCAR national series races among 10 tracks in the state of Florida.
· The first NASCAR national series race held in the state of Florida was on July 10, 1949 at the Daytona Beach & Road Course in Daytona Beach, Florida – the event was won by Red Byron (Oldsmobile).
Florida Drivers in NASCAR
· A total of 181 drivers that have made at least one start in a NASCAR national series race have their home state recorded as Florida.
· There have been 12 NASCAR national series race winners from the state of Florida.
— NASCAR —