Jake Griffin will return to the site of his best NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series finish, 4th, as he straps in to the #03 Chevy Silverado of Affarano Motorsports.
Event: Eldora Dirt Derby
Location: Eldora Speedway, Rossburg, OH
Date/Broadcast: August 1, 2019 at 9 p.m. ET on FS1, MRN and SiriusXM NASCAR 90
Jake Griffin Fast Facts
– Jake Griffin will return to the site of his best NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series finish, 4th, as he straps in to the #03 Chevy Silverado of Affarano Motorsports.
– Jake has made two visits to the World’s Greatest Dirt Track and scored one Top 5.
– Jake has made five starts in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series, having debuted under the tutelage of Mike Mittler and his MB Motorsports operation.
– In his last outing at Eldora, Jake drove Red Horse Racing’s #11 Toyota Tundra. After starting 11th, he brought home a fine 4th place finish.
Jake Griffin, Q&A
Are you looking forward to getting back into an NGOTS truck?
"You bet! It’s been way too long. It’ll be great getting back into at Eldora, as I had my best finish in the truck series there. We finished 4th for Red Horse Racing."
What does Eldora mean to you?
"There’s a reason they call it the World’s Greatest Dirt Truck. It has everything- history, great action, loyal fans and is a first class facility. Tony Stewart should be proud of his track and his people there."
Mike Affarano, Q&A
How satisfying is it to get your team back to the track?
"It’s been a long time coming and a lot of work to get Jake into the truck and us to the track. Jake is a great dirt track racer, so I think we’ll have something for them at Eldora. Hopefully, this is just the first race for the #03 and Jake in 2019."
Jake Griffin Career Highlights
– At age 14, Jake Griffin became the youngest winner in NASCAR touring series history. Two years later, Griffin made his NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series debut.
– With more than 300 top five finishes to his credit, Jake has amassed over 68 feature wins, one regional championship, and six track championships since his start in quarter midgets at age seven. Since then, he has raced in the UMP A and B- Modified, Crate Late Model, NASCAR and Super Late Model series.
– Griffin became the youngest driver in NASCAR Whelen All-American Series history to win a Feature race with a victory at Lebanon I-44 Speedway (MO). Jake then added another milestone when he became the youngest driver in the history of Nashville’s famed Fairgrounds Speedway to win a pole. 14 year-old Griffin out-qualified the 27-car field in the Pro Late Models portion of the 29th Running of the All-American 400.