The world-famous Budwesier Clydesdales will appear in Dover International Speedway’s FanZone throughout the Monster Mile’s upcoming NASCAR tripleheader weekend from Oct. 4-6, capping the track’s 50th Anniversary season.
The Budweiser Clydesdales will be on display throughout the weekend, including during special photo opportunities at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 6 and noon on Saturday, Oct. 5 in front of the Monster Monument at Victory Plaza following parades around the property.
The Budweiser Clydesdales, America’s most famous marketing icon, first appeared in 1933 following the repeal of Prohibition. The famed horses, hitch and wagon, along with the traditional Dalmation mascot, visit dozens of events across the country each year.
It’s just one of many free attractions coming to the Monster Mile during the Oct. 4-6 NASCAR tripleheader weekend, including performances by the Harlem Globetrotters, a Grand Funk Railroad concert, Micro Wrestling Federation matches, the Winston Cup Mobile Museum, Bear Hollow Wood Carvers displays and more!
"The entertainment options in our FanZone are bigger and better than ever during our 50th anniversary celebration," said Dover International Speedway president and CEO Mike Tatoian. "Before the green flag drops on our postseason weekend of races, fans will have plenty of free entertainment options outside the grandstands."
Other fan activities coming during the Monster Mile’s Oct. 4-6 NASCAR tripleheader weekend include:
- Harlem Globetrotters: The legendary basketball team that wows fans of all ages with its ball skills, trick shots, comedy and more, will hold free performances at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Oct. 6.
First organized in 1926, the Globetrotters perform over 400 shows around the world each year with its distinctive red, white and blue uniforms. The exhibition team is known for its colorful personalities, audience interaction and supreme basketball skills.
- Grand Funk Railroad: The rock legends will perform a free concert on the Xfinity Stage in Victory Plaza at noon on Oct. 6.
Known as "The American Band," Grand Funk Railroad, also celebrating its 50th anniversary, features founding members Don Brewer and Mel Schacher, joined by veterans Max Carl (38 Special), Bruce Kulick (KISS) and Tim Cashion (Bob Seger).
With 13 gold and 10 platinum albums, and sales topping 25 million worldwide, Grand Funk Railroad has sold out venues in the United States, Canada, Europe, Japan and South America. Two of Grand Funk Railroad’s 19 charted singles reached No. 1, including "We’re An American Band," and "The Loco-Motion," both of which sold more than 1 million copies each.
- Micro Wrestling: Talented performers will make huge leaps from the top rope in several sessions on Oct. 5-6. Showtimes are 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. on Oct. 5 and 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. on Oct. 6.
The Micro Wrestling Federation has been drawing fans across the nation for almost 20 years for its shows featuring high-flying action, body slams and leaps from the top rope. Formed in 2000, the Micro Wrestling Federation features an entire cast of athletes and performers under 5 feet tall
- Winston Cup Mobile Museum: Features classic race cars, artifacts, photos and mementos from more than 30 years of NASCAR history. Winston (R.J. Reynolds) was the primary sponsor of the NASCAR Cup Series from 1971 through 2003. Cars on display will include Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s No. 8 Chevrolet from his rookie season, a No. 3 Chevrolet driven by Dale Earnhardt Sr., a No. 43 Pontiac driven by Richard Petty, a No. 24 Chevrolet driven by Jeff Gordon and a No. 11 Chevrolet driven by Terry Labonte.
- Bear Hollow Wood Carvers: Skilled chainsaw artists create one-of-a-kind sculptures, both small and large. The unique creations will then be auctioned off throughout the weekend in Victory Plaza. Auction times are 1:30 p.m. on Oct. 5 and 1:15 p.m. on Oct. 6.
- Fireworks: Presented by Kent County (Del.) Tourism, scheduled for 8 p.m. on Oct. 5. Visible from all areas of the property.
- Expanded Monster Mile Youth Nation: Designed for NASCAR fans age 12 and under, this free area is filled with fun and games for the next generation of fans to explore and enjoy on race weekend.
Tickets for children under 12 are free for Friday and Saturday races and start at just $10 for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series playoff race on Oct. 6.
The Oct. 4-6 NASCAR tripleheader weekend includes the "General Tire 125" NASCAR K&N Pro Series East season finale on Friday, Oct. 4, the "Use Your Melon Drive Sober 200" NASCAR Xfinity Series playoff race on Saturday, Oct. 5 and the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series playoff race on Sunday, Oct. 6, the 100th NASCAR Cup Series race in track history. Dover International Speedway will be the 10th track in the nation to host 100 NASCAR Cup Series races.
Keep up to date on all 50th Anniversary announcements and schedules by calling (800) 441-RACE or visiting DoverSpeedway.com. You can also keep up with all track activities at Facebook.com/DoverInternationalSpeedway, or on Twitter and Instagram at @MonsterMile.
— Dover International Speedway —