Texas Motor Speedway and IndyCar announced Thursday that the IndyCar season would begin June 6 at the Speedway. However, the Truck Series race scheduled for that weekend has been postponed. There had been speculation over the past few weeks that the Speedway could host an IndyCar/NASCAR Cup doubleheader that weekend. However that will not happen.
From NBC Sports Nate Ryan:
Texas Motor Speedway president Eddie Gossage previously said the track wouldn’t hold the IndyCar race without fans unless part of a NASCAR doubleheader.
Gossage confirmed to NBCSports.com that there will be no NASCAR doubleheader (he expects Texas’ postponed Cup race from March will happen during the summer). Gossage said he reached a deal with IndyCar owner Roger Penske for an unspecified reduction in the track’s sanctioning fee this season.
— NBC Sports —