NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) veteran competitor Kurt Busch will make career start No. 750 this Sunday Sept. 26 at his hometown track, Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS). Busch is also the defending race winner of this weekend’s South Point 400 at LVMS.
The Las Vegas-native assumed sole possession of 12th on the all-time NCS career starts list last weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway with career start 749, surpassing Tennessee-native Sterling Marlin, who had 748 NCS career starts to his credit.
Busch’s versatile driving talent has helped him to score poles and race victories on every type of track on which the NCS competes (superspeedway, intermediate, short-track and road course). The 43-year-old driver has also won at least one race in 18 of his 22 years of NCS competition, including at least one win in the last eight consecutive seasons.
- First career win at Bristol Motor Speedway (2002)
- Has a total of six NCS wins at Bristol Motor Speedway
- NASCAR All-Star Race (2010)
- Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (2010)
- First road course win at Sonoma Raceway (2011)
- Daytona 500 (2017)
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway (2020). First home-track win
NOTES OF INTEREST:
- Busch has the most starts among active drivers in the NCS
- He will be just the 12th driver to reach the 750-career start milestone; six of the 11 drivers that have reached that number are currently in the NASCAR Hall of Fame
- Busch has won 33 NCS races with four different car owners – Jack Roush (14), Roger Penske (10), Stewart Haas Racing (6), Chip Ganassi (3).
- Has won at 17 different tracks
- This will also be the 102nd race start with Chip Ganassi Racing
- Busch competed just one full-time season in the NASCAR Truck Series in 2000, before moving-up to the top-tier NCS in 2001
Kurt Busch on NASCAR Cup Series Start No. 750: “It is hard to imagine, Twenty plus years in the NASCAR Cup Series. To have been able to compete at this level with some of the best teams in the sport and against the level of competition is such a privilege. It is like aging, the years seem to go faster, it seems like 700 starts was just a few weeks ago! I appreciate the friendships and partnerships over the years. I feel like I have some race wins still out in front of me and I am looking forward to whatever the next milestone will be that I have a privilege to accomplish.”
— Chip Ganassi Racing —