NASCAR fans can test their cornhole skills – and win some cash in the process – during Dover Motor Speedway’s upcoming Monster Mile Bash on Saturday, April 30.
The planned festivities come in the middle of the Speedway’s April 29-May 1 NASCAR tripleheader weekend.
The Inaugural Monster Mile Cornhole Tournament, presented by Crown Royal, is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 30 following the A-GAME 200 NASCAR Xfinity Series Dash 4 Cash race at the Monster Mile.
Hosted by Delaware Cornhole, registration for the tournament is available now online through April 30 at 3:45 p.m., with the boards set up just steps from the famous Monster Monument at Victory Plaza. Additional cornhole boards will be available for non-competitive free-play as well.
The entry fee is $50 for a two-person team, with a guaranteed prize pool of $2,500 at stake. All ages and all skill levels are welcome to participate. Registration is first-come, first-served, with a limit of 100 teams.
Proceeds will benefit Speedway Children’s Charities, a non-profit organization that provides funding for underserved children throughout the United States.
The tournament is just a part of the Monster Mile Bash festivities on Saturday. Other entertainment options include:
- Live music in Victory Plaza – hosted by MTV legend Riki Rachtman – including a show by Jexxa, a popular duo who will perform original and cover music. Jexxa will also sing the national anthem before Saturday’s race.
- Happy hour drink specials all night long, featuring an assortment of Ready To Drink Crown Royal cocktails, including Peach Tea, Washington Apple and Whiskey & Cola varieties.
- Free bumper car rides, giant slide attraction and axe throwing in the FanZone.
- Tethered hot air balloon rides will be available nearby, in Lot 8, from 7-9 p.m. Donations are encouraged and benefit Speedway Children’s Charities.
- Saturday Night Fireworks, presented by Kent County Tourism, will begin at 9 p.m. and be visible from all areas of Dover Motor Speedway property.
- Food will be available for purchase nearby at the SoDel Concepts tent by Victory Plaza, including the following favorites:
- Philly Cheesesteaks
- Nashville Hot Friend Chicken Sandwiches
- Sticky Ikky Fried Rice Bowl (Chicken, Fried Egg, Veggies)
- Delaware Destroyer (Waffle-Cut Fries with Cheese, Bacon, Scallions and Old Bay)
- Scrapple Sandwiches (Traditional Delaware breakfast favorite)
- Street Dog (Hot Dog with Tomato, Cilantro, Flaming Hot Cheetos, and more)
— Dover Motor Speedway —