Jayski's NASCAR Archives

No suspension for Edwards? UPDATES – probation only:

  • A person familiar with the decision says #99-Carl Edwards will not be suspended for intentionally wrecking #12-Brad Keselowski’s car during last weekend’s NASCAR race in Atlanta. NASCAR president Mike Helton is to address the Edwards accident on Tuesday. The person familiar with the decision spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because Helton will be making the official statement. Edwards could face a fine or probation, but there had been an outcry for a severe penalty.(Associated Press)(3-9-2010)
    UPDATE: Carl Edwards has been placed on three weeks’ probation by NASCAR for intentionally wrecking Brad Keselowski’s car during last weekend’s race at Atlanta. NASCAR president Mike Helton said Tuesday there are two separate issues: the wreck itself, and the fact that Keselowski’s car went airborne. He says NASCAR is reviewing why the car left the track, and adds that NASCAR will meet with both drivers and their car owners to “clean the slate.”(Associated Press) (3-9-2010)
    Keselowski statement: A statement from Brad Keselowski: “I support NASCAR in the decision they communicated today. They are not in an enviable position when it comes to these matters, but they do an outstanding job. The unfortunate part about what happened on Sunday is that it has overshadowed a win by the #2 Miller Lite Dodge and an overall solid performance by Penske Racing at Atlanta.(Penske PR)(3-9-2010)
    Edwards statement: Carl Edwards posted the following message on his Facebook page: “I respect NASCAR’s penalty and look forward to our meeting in Bristol. I’m ready to put this behind us and get on with some good racing.”(3-9-2010)