Friday, November 6, 2020 - Phoenix Raceway
Laps: 64 - Stages: 45/90/150
TV: FS1 - Radio: MRN, Sirius XM NASCAR
Race Specific News
Weekend On-Track Schedule
Thursday, November 5
** ACCESS RESTRICTED – ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL ONLY **
7:30 AM 7:30 PM EVENT OPERATIONS SET-UP (SCREENING IN PROGRESS)
2:00 PM NGROTS DRIVER / CREW CHIEF MEETING (ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION)
Friday, November 6
** ACCESS RESTRICTED – ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL ONLY **
** ENTRANCE SCHEDULE AVAILABLE BY DEPARTMENT **
9:00 AM 11:00 AM NGROTS HAULERS ENTER (SCREENING & EQUIPMENT UNLOAD)
11:00 AM 5:00 PM NGROTS GARAGE ACCESS SCREENING IN PROGRESS
11:00 AM NGROTS GARAGE OPEN
11:30 AM 12:00 PM NGROTS ROOKIE MEETING (TELECONFERENCE)
5:15 PM NGROTS DRIVERS REPORT FOR PRE-RACE (PLAYOFF DRIVER RIDE-AROUND/ALL OTHERS GRID)
5:20 PM NGROTS DRIVER INTRODUCTIONS
6:00 PM (8:00 PM) NGROTS RACE (STAGES 45/90/150 LAPS = 150 MILES)
8:30 PM Approx NGROTS HAULERS EXIT
Sheldon Creed makes daring move to win 2020 Gander Trucks championship at Phoenix: Championship finalist Sheldon Creed had already apologized to his race team as his No. 2 GMS Racing Chevrolet Silverado began to fall back in the closing laps of Friday night’s Lucas Oil 150 NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series championship race at Phoenix Raceway. And then a yellow flag came out – with three laps remaining. Creed gambled on a pit stop for fresh tires even as the race leaders – fellow championship contenders Brett Moffitt and Grant Enfinger stayed on track. Creed restarted eighth but made an amazing four-wide move on the bottom of the track to pull back into the lead with a lap to go and held off rookie teammate Zane Smith by a mere .617-seconds to earn his first NASCAR national series championship trophy in a dramatic season finale at the one-mile track.(Read More)(11-6-2020)
#2-Sheldon Creed won the Lucas Oil 150 NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series race – and the 2020 championship – at Phoenix Raceway on Friday after maneuvering his way from eighth to the lead in one lap following an overtime restart. The win was his first at Phoenix, fifth of the year, and the fifth of his career.
#23-Brett Moffitt appeared to be in position to claim his second championship, but a yellow flag waved three laps from the finish. Moffitt stayed on track, along with #98-Grant Enfinger. Creed and #21-Zane Smith opted to pit. On the restart, Moffitt was unable to get up to speed and fell back in the field. With his fresh tires, Creed moved his way into the lead with one lap to go and held the position unchallenged.
#21-Smith finished second, followed by #51-Chandler Smith, #18-Christian Eckes, #4-Raphael Lessard, #52-Stewart Friesen, #99-Ben Rhodes, #26-Tyler Ankrum, #38-Todd Gilliland and #23-Moffitt.
There were 8 lead changes 5 among drivers and four cautions for 28 yellow flag laps.
#21-Smith won stage 1 and #23-Moffitt won stage 2.
The average speed of the race was: 99.557 mph.
See race details at: Race Results, Drivers Points , Owners Points, Cumulative Report, Penalty Report
Race Fast Facts – Phoenix
Sheldon Creed (P) won the 26th Annual Lucas Oil 150, his fifth victory in 54 Gander NASCAR
Outdoors Truck Series races.
This is his fifth victory and 13th top-10 finish in 2020.
This is his first victory and second top-10 finish in three races at Phoenix Raceway.
Zane Smith # (P) (second) posted his first top-10 finish in his series debut at Phoenix Raceway. It is his 13th top-10 finish in 2020.
Chandler Smith (third) posted his second top-10 finish in two races at Phoenix Raceway.
Zane Smith (P) (second) was the highest finishing rookie.
Sheldon Creed wins the 2020 NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series championship, his first series title.
Zane Smith wins the 2020 NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series Sunoco Rookie of the Year .
Championship Fast Facts – Phoenix
Driver Champion: Sheldon Creed
Team: No. 2 GMS Racing Chevrolet Silverado
• Sheldon Creed has won his first NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series championship; his previous best finish in the final driver standings was 10th in 2019.
• Creed is the 18th different driver to win the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series championship.
• Creed won NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck season finale at Phoenix to win the title.
• Creed finished the 2020 season with 23 starts, five wins, nine top fives and 13 top 10s.
• During the Playoffs this season, Creed has posted two wins, four top fives and five top 10s.
• Creed, from Alpine, California, is the fourth different NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series champion from the state of California; joining Mike Skinner (1995 champion), Ron Hornaday Jr. (1996, 1998, 2007, 2009),
Matt Crafton (2013, 2014, 2019).
Owner Champion: GMS Racing
• This is GMS Racing’s second NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series driver championship (Johnny Sauter, 2016; Sheldon Creed, 2020).
• GMS Racing is one of 16 different organizations to win in the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series driver championship, and the 13th different organization to win the owner championship.
• GMS Racing has posted 37 NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series wins among 13 different drivers – Austin Dillon, Grant Enfinger, Ben Kennedy, Kyle Larson, Johnny Sauter, Kaz Grala, Justin Haley, Timothy
Peters, Brett Moffitt, Sheldon Creed, Chase Elliott, Sam Mayer and Zane Smith.
• In 2013, GMS Racing made its series debut with driver Spencer Gallagher in the No. 23 at Kansas Speedway.
Crew Chief Champion: Jeff Stankiewicz
• This is Jeff Stankiewicz first career NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series championship; his previous best championship finish was seventh with driver Joey Coulter in 2014.
• Stankiewicz has become the 19th different crew chief to win a NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series championship
• Stankiewicz has seven career NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series victories among three drivers – Grant Enfinger, Kyle Larson and Sheldon Creed.
Truck Series Championship Standings Following Phoenix:
1) #2-Sheldon Creed, 4040 (5 wins)
2) #21-Zane Smith, 4035, -5 (2 wins)
3) #23-Brett Moffitt, 4027, -13 (1 win)
4) #98-Grant Enfinger, 4024, – 16 (4 wins)
See the Drivers Points and the Owners Points
#98-Grant Enfinger will start the Lucas Oil 150 NASCAR Gander RV Outdoors Truck Series race at Phoenix Raceway on Friday from the pole. #21-Zane Smith will start alongside row one from second. #2-Creed, #23-Moffitt, #88-Crafton, #99-Rhodes, #18-Eckes, #19-Kraus, #52-Friesen, and #26-Ankrum will be the top-10.
The lineup was set by the new qualifying procedure, based on race finish, points position, and fastest race lap.
See the complete Lucas Oil 150 Starting Lineup.
The Entry List for the Lucas Oil 150 NASCAR Gander RV Outdoors Truck Series season finale at Phoenix Raceway is posted, 33 teams/drivers are listed. See the full entry list on the Entry List (pdf).