- Saturday Dover Notebook: Kyle Larson has discovered a new passion-golf; Austin Dillon optimistic as summer races approach; Short strokes.[More](5-5-2018)
- Pit Stall Selections: The selections of pit stalls for the AAA 400 Drive for Autism Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Dover International Speedway have been made.
With 38 cars entered, pit stalls 16, 28 are not in use this weekend.
Pole winner #42-Larson chose pit stall 1, the first stall available [as do most pole sitters].
Outside pole winner #4-Harvick took pit stall 40, the final pitstall.
#78-Truex, Jr., who starts 3rd, took the ninth stall.
To see where the drivers/teams pit stall is, see the pit selection chart on Jayski.com’s Pit Stall Selection chart.(5-5-2018)
- Happy Hour (final) practice for the AAA 400 Drive for Autism Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Dover International Speedway is over, after 50 scheduled minutes, the top five, slowest and notes:
best 10 consecutive lap avg (of 32 drivers): #14-Bowyer 155.880
slowest: #99-Cope 146.021
notes: #4-Harvick and #41-Busch served 15-minute penalties.
See the fastest speeds, best 10 consecutive lap average, laps run on the Happy Hour Practice speeds page (pdf) (5-5-2018)
- First Saturday practice for the AAA 400 Drive for Autism Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Dover International Speedway is over, after 50 scheduled minutes, the top five, slowest and notes:
best 10 consecutive lap avg (of 25 drivers): #22-Keselowski 156.399
slowest: #51-Ware 146.009
See the fastest speeds, best 10 consecutive lap average, laps run on the Second Practice speeds page (pdf) (5-5-2018)
- Former JP Motorsports crew member allegedly breaks jaw of team owner: NASCAR has indefinitely suspended a crew member arrested on a second-degree assault charge after allegedly breaking a team owner’s jaw in a fight Friday morning in the Dover International Speedway garage. Lawrence Hayden, 33, a former crew member for JP Motorsports, was taken into custody following the fight, according to a Dover Police Department news release. The police were called to the garage at 10:51 a.m. Friday. According to the news release, Hayden and JP Motorsports co-owner Jerry Hattaway, 56, were involved in an argument and then a fight. [More](5-5-2018)
- Justin Allgaier holds of Elliott Sadler in NASCAR Xfinity race at Dover: Justin Allgaier survived a breathtaking last-gasp effort from JR Motorsports teammate Elliott Sadler to win Saturday’s OneMain Financial 200 NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Dover International Speedway. Allgaier led Sadler by less than a car-length as the drivers entered Turn 3 on the final circuit. Ahead of Allgaier, the lapped car of Joe Nemechek entered the corner low and drifted up the track, forcing Allgair to brake and run the middle lane at the cost of considerable momentum. Sadler saw the opening and drove underneath Allgaier’s No. 7 Chevrolet as the cars negotiated Turn 4. As they came off the corner side by side, the cars touched. Sadler’s No. 1 Chevy twitched loose, and Allgaier’s car slapped the outside wall, but both drivers maintained control, and Allgaier got to the finish line .306 seconds ahead of his teammate.[More](5-5-2018)
- Allgaier wins Dover International Speedway XFINITY race: #7-Justin Allgaier won the OneMain Financial 200 at Dover International Speedway for his sixth career win and first win at Dover.
His JR Motorsports teammate #1-Elliott Sadler finished second, followed by #21-Daniel Hemric, #20-Christopher Bell, #9-Tyler Reddick, #23-Johnny Sauter, #18-Noah Gragson, #2-Matt Tifft, #22-Austin Cindric, and #19-Brandon Jones.
There were eight cautions for 45 laps and 11 lead changes among seven leaders.
The average speed was 98.053mph.
Complete results are on the Dover race results page (pdf). (5-5-2018)
- Race stage winners:
Stage 1 – lap 45 – Winner, #1-Elliott Sadler
Stage 2 – lap 90 – Winner, #7-Justin Allgaier
Stage 3 – lap 200 – Race winner, #7-Justin Allgaier
- Dover XFINITY Race Fast Facts:
Justin Allgaier won the 37th Annual OneMain Financial 200, his sixth victory in 250 NASCAR XFINITY
This is his first victory and seventh top-10 finish in 2018.
This is his first victory and eighth top-10 finish in 15 races at Dover International Speedway.
Elliott Sadler (second) posted his 14th top-10 finish in 21 races at Dover International Speedway. It is
his 10th top-10 finish in 2018.
Daniel Hemric (third) posted his second top-10 finish in three races at Dover International Speedway.
Christopher Bell (fourth) was the highest finishing rookie.
Elliott Sadler leads the point standings by 33 points overJustin Allgaier.
(NASCAR Integrated Marketing)(5-5-2018)
- XFINITY Driver standings following Dover International Speedway:
1) #1-Elliott Sadler 401
2) #7-Justin Allgaier, 368, -33
3) #9-Tyler Reddick [1 win], 363, -38
4) #20-Christopher Bell [1 win], 349, -52
5) #21-Daniel Hemric, 343, -58
6) #00-Cole Custer, 323, -78
7) #19-Brandon Jones, 304, -97
8) #11-Ryan Truex, 285, -116
9) #23-Spencer Gallagher [1 win], 277, -124
10) #2-Matt Tifft, 270, -131
11) #16-Ryan Reed, 252-149
12) #22-Austin Cindric, 219, -182
- See complete owner and driver standings on the driver standings(pdf) and owner standings page (pdf).(5-5-2018)
- Free Pass – Who got a lap back on each caution: (and their finish)
Caution 1: none
Caution 2: #40-Finchum, 25th
Caution 3: #13-Hill, 35th
Caution 4: #78-McCleod, 26th
Caution 5: #01-Miller, 25th
Caution 6: #78-McCleod, 26th
Caution 7: #01-Miller, 25th
Caution 8: #36-Labbe, 21st
- Brandon Jones on XFINITY pole at Dover: #19-Brandon Jones won the Busch pole for the OneMain Financial 200 at Dover International Speedway with a speed of 155.831mph. #18-Noah Gragson will start second. The rest of the top 10: #2-Matt Tifft, #1-Elliott Sadler, #21-Daniel Hemric, #7-Justin Allgaier, #22-Austin Cindric, #11-Ryan Truex, #60-Ty Majeski, and #3-Jeb Burton.
Did Not Qualify: #74-Mike Harmon.
The starting lineup is posted on the Dover starting lineup page (pdf).(5-5-2018)
- Dover International Speedway XFINITY Qualifying Notes:
Brandon Jones won the Pole Award for the 37th Annual OneMain Financial 200 with a lap of 23.102 seconds, 155.831 mph.
This is his second pole in 81 NASCAR XFINITY Series races.
This is his first pole and sixth top-10 start in 2018.This is his first pole in five races at Dover International Speedway.
Noah Gragson(i) (second) posted his first top-10 start of 2018 and his first in one races at Dover
Matt Tifft (third) posted his third top-10 start at Dover International Speedway. It is his fourth in ten races this season.
Austin Cindric (seventh) was the fastest qualifying rookie.
(NASCAR Integrated Marketing)(5-5-2018)