Jayski's NASCAR Archives

Kurt Busch hasn”™t discussed running Indy 500 in 2015:

#41- Kurt Busch said on Tuesday during the NASCAR Media Tour that a second attempt at the Indy 500 – and with that, a second attempt at The Double of the “500” and NASCAR’s Coca-Cola 600 on the same day – has not been discussed by him and team owners Tony Stewart and Michael Andretti. “It’s nice to have Tony Stewart’s blessing to run Indy, and Michael Andretti giving me the access to come back to give it a shot, but it’s something we haven’t talked about. There’s been plenty of other things in this offseason to stay focused on.” As for Andretti, who fielded Busch’s Verizon IndyCar Series machine at last year’s “500,” he told FoxSports.com earlier this month that while Andretti Autosport’s main focus is on fielding a fourth car for the 2015 IndyCar season, there was still a chance for something to come together with Busch for the Month of May. “He was a real professional and learned a lot to the point where I think he would be a real factor in the race if we put something together,” Andretti said in that interview. “He did a hell of a job last year without experience. Now, with one more year of experience, I think Kurt Busch could be a real factor in the Indianapolis 500 in 2015.” Busch’s ride with Andretti for last year’s “500” was not announced until March.(NBC Sports)(1-28-2015)